From Berserk - Prayer Forum Revival

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
@Berserk said:
The church's greatest need is for a genuine national revival. Most Christians believe they long for a revival, but they show by their actions that actually don't. If they did, they'd have a passionate longing to know how historical revivals come, but in my experience, very few believers are interested enough to thoroughly research the matter. The videos I'm going to post on this thread have had a greater impact on me than any other online videos. Just watch this one on the great Welsh Revival of 1904-05 to see what happens when the Holy Spirit is unleashed to a greater degree than most of us have ever witnessed:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...EE1F161A7FC37C579266EE1F161A7FC37C5&FORM=VIRE

I listened to this in my car so I didn't take notes. This video seems to be a history of the revival telling what happened and who was involved. Where is the verification of these stories? If these events did happen why can you attribute it to the god of the bible?

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me get his straight: 100 unchurched Welsh unbelievers suddenly and inexplicably feel convicted by their sins and the need to attend unstructured all-night church meetings and all of Wales is set ablaze with revival fires with no advertising and no famous evangelist, and you see no need to consider whether God might have something decisive to do with this shift in consciousness? And did you bother to watch the even more amazing video on the Hebrides Revival narrated by Duncan Campbell, the most central figure of that revival?

Also, you claim, with no evidence, to have read through the "My Journey" thread, with many personal anecdotes attesting my paranormal experiences. Show me the evidence that you have watched those videos. btw, I have yet to post my most evidentially impressive experiences on that thread!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me get his straight: 100 unchurched Welsh unbelievers suddenly and inexplicably feel convicted by their sins and the need to attend unstructured all-night church meetings and all of Wales is set ablaze with revival fires with no advertising and no famous evangelist, and you see no need to consider whether God might have something decisive to do with this shift in consciousness? And did you bother to watch the even more amazing video on the Hebrides Revival narrated by Duncan Campbell, the most central figure of that revival?

Also, you claim, with no evidence, to have read through the "My Journey" thread, with many personal anecdotes attesting my paranormal experiences. Show me the evidence that you have watched those videos. btw, I have yet to post my most evidentially impressive experiences on that thread!

Personal experience you cannot prove is evidence of nothing.
Pentecostalism

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

I wonder why you ignore my reasons for not believing this on the evidence you provided? Maybe you can address my reasons for not being convinced instead of saying I am dishonest.

How can I tell the difference between someone who is lying about these events and someone that is telling the truth about these events when all I have is stories.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vince: "I wonder why you ignore my reasons for not believing this on the evidence you provided? Maybe you can address my reasons for not being convinced instead of saying I am dishonest."

Because you keep pontificating from ignorance. In genuine revivals, the Holy Spirit falls primarily not on Christians but on previously disinterested unbelievers whose lives are then transformed. You have no rational explanation for this other than a great move of God.

Vince: "How can I tell the difference between someone who is lying about these events and someone that is telling the truth about these events when all I have is stories."

As usual, you have not watched the videos, except for a vacant listening of one of them in your car. These revivals are well attested by eyewitnesses. The Azusa Street Revival led to 600 million converts. Show some intellectual integrity and watch the 4 videos before dismissing them.