From Intentions To Action

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“From Intentions To Action”
Ephesians 5:15-17 NLT
So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.

Friday morning last week, I was reading through a devotional series from some guys sharing experiences and that day was focused on the topic of making priorities in their lives. One guy shared how he made it a point to be an example to his daughter and how he needed to be intentional about what mattered in life. He talked about unplugging from the world for one whole day (Sabbath) and focusing on everything that doesn’t involve work.

I remember how powerful this was and how hard it hit me that morning. I kept thinking about how I wanted to be intentional with each day of my life and how I want to be wise and not foolish with my time. I want to be wise as I do my work each day and when I’m home with my wife and kids. I want to be very intentional and making the most of every opportunity.

I find myself so often not being intentional and becoming so scatter brained and overwhelmed with all that needs to be done each day and each week. I don’t want to act thoughtlessly and be in my own world oblivious to people around me who need encouragement.

So often we find ourselves intending to do this or that, but those intentions often stay as intentions and don’t turn into actual actions played out in our lives. As I sat in the quiet in my personal morning devotional time, I had this overwhelming feeling of the desire to make a difference in each day of my life with people around me. I want to be more intentional about being the light of Christ and giving encouragement to others.

Each day now when I start my day, I am trying to be intentional about how I am living my life and how I look at my day. I don’t want to be focused on just what all I need to get done for the day, but I want to be sure I’m being intentional with my time and being the husband and dad I need to be at home, employee I need to be at work and the servant I need to be at church.

I absolutely do not want to be foolish with my time each day. I don’t want to be thoughtless in the ways I act. I want every action and every word I speak to encourage others around me.

I encourage all of us to put our intentions into action.

Reactions: Nancy