Fuel shortages across England

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As England appears to be breaking free from lockdowns this begins to happen

bandicam 2021-10-03 14-19-42-242.jpg

This is no coincidence...

Fuel shortage ‘getting worse’ in London and south-east England

Fuel shortages are getting worse in some parts of the country, in particular London and the south-east, the chairman of the Petrol Retailers Association (PRA) has said.

Brian Madderson warned the shortages remained a “really big problem” in these areas.

In contrast the PRA, which represents nearly 5,500 of the UK’s 8,300 petrol stations, said Scotland, the north of England and parts of the Midlands had experienced a “distinct improvement”.

Madderson told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme of the fuel problems: “In London and the south-east and possibly parts of eastern England, if anything it had got worse
The government and retailers say there is enough fuel at UK refineries, but a shortage of drivers has slowed down the transport of it to some petrol stations.

On Monday about 200 military personnel, including 100 drivers, will start deliveries to offer “temporary” support.

Madderson added that while he welcomed this move he believed it would have a limited impact. “This isn’t going to be the major panacea,” he said. “It’s a large help but in terms of the volume, they are not going to be able to carry that much.

“We do need a prioritisation of deliveries to filling stations – particularly the independent ones, which are the neighbourhood retail sites – in London and the south-east, starting immediately.”

He added that when filling stations are resupplied motorists should prepare to expect higher bills at the pumps because of rising world oil prices.

He said: “Expect anything from one, two or even 3p a litre increases at the pump. This is not profiteering. This is genuine wholesale price increases caused by global factors.”

His comments came as the health secretary, Sajid Javid, said the fuel situation was “stabilising”.

Mark Drakeford attacks Westminster ‘failure’ over fuel crisis
Read more

He told BBC Breakfast: “I think the measures that have been taken over the last couple of weeks are certainly helping, it seems the situation is stabilising, it is not completely over yet.

“The most reassuring message is that there is enough fuel in this country for everyone, if everyone just goes back to normal, in terms of just filling up for what they actually need, then that will certainly help the situation.”

In an announcement on Friday, the government said 300 fuel tanker drivers would be able to come to the UK from overseas “immediately” under a bespoke temporary visa that will last until March.

About 4,700 other visas intended for foreign food haulage drivers will be extended beyond the initially announced three months and will last from late October to the end of February.

A further 5,500 poultry workers can come from late October and stay until 31 December under the temporary visa scheme.

However, opposition parties have criticised the measures and voiced calls for a parliamentary recall to address labour shortages and supply chain disruption.

Keir Starmer said the temporary visa scheme would not be up and running “for weeks”.

The Labour leader added that the prime minister should recall parliament from party conference recess to rush through legislation so that shelves remain stocked in the run-up to Christmas.

The Scottish National party’s Westminster leader, Ian Blackford, said Boris Johnson “must immediately recall parliament and convene cross-party talks to set out steps to effectively tackle the Brexit crisis”.

He added: “The severe labour shortages, soaring costs, empty supermarket shelves, ongoing fuel crisis and trading barriers are all inflicting serious and lasting harm.”

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes Cristo ….the problem started last week when ‘ someone announced ‘ there would be a petrol shortage. Everyone went out and panic brought, which actually caused the shortage !!
We now think it was BP who started the rumour to get rid of old fuel ……
They have deployed the army to drive the tankers, and the situation is gradually easing, but it’s taking longer to sort out here in the south and London areas………
I do t know much about the visa situation, but there was always going to be a knock on effect to Brexit….personally I don’t like Stammer, he is just stirring things up.
Rita

Last edited:
Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes Cristo ….the problem started last week when ‘ someone announced ‘ there would be a petrol shortage. Everyone went out and panic brought, which actually caused the shortage !!
They have deployed the army to drive the tankers, and the situation is gradually easing, but it’s taking longer to sort out here in the south and London areas………
I do t know much about the visa situation, but there was always going to be a knock on effect to Brexit….personally I don’t like Stammer, he is just stirring things up.
Rita

Hmm that's no good... How easily people are wiped up into a panic

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh Uncle Pauly, the latest here in Victoria, is to expect petrol prices to go over $2 a litre. :eek:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rita
I thought it was about lack of tanker drivers, many such drivers must of rejected the Jab and got sacked, just like all nurses and all the rest have refused to take the experimental Jab.
But that is the case as the MSM is not reporting that, why would they ? that would be going against the Nazi like cause. The leadership says do not give such people an inch ! boy that sounds just like Hitler's orders were like in fact, So they print only on the topic what the leader want them to say. or else !

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I thought it was about lack of tanker drivers, many such drivers must of rejected the Jab and got sacked, just like all nurses and all the rest have refused to take the experimental Jab.
But that is the case as the MSM is not reporting that, why would they ? that would be going against the Nazi like cause. The leadership says do not give such people an inch ! boy that sounds just like Hitler's orders were like in fact, So they print only on the topic what the leader want them to say. or else !
No, it’s not mandatory for nurses to get the jab here, only in the care homes , and that isn’t set until November. You ‘ thought ‘ ………..you mean to jumped to conclusions and presume that it’s all part of what is going on, without taking into account the effects of us coming out of Brexit in January. Certainly the lockdowns earlier in the year and the travel restrictions from Europe to here and visas versa are all contributing factors. In many respects there wasn’t a shortage of tanker drivers, people panic brought the petrol which meant the demand went up , so they needed extra drivers for the new demands. Hence why the army came in and helped. …the truck drivers issue is real.
Rita

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh Uncle Pauly, the latest here in Victoria, is to expect petrol prices to go over $2 a litre. :eek:

The big squeeze is coming... A covid recession
Victoria owes so much money now they will have to increase taxes on everything eventually while wages drop...
Even more people will suffer thanks to the incompetence of Daniel Andrews the muppet

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So in England now, restrictions are all but lifted, there are full football stadiums and crowded shops...
But...
The government has banned the new years eve celebrations and fireworks because of covid...
Thats strange... Could they be anticipating more lockdowns this winter...
Also food shortages appear to be hitting Europe now as well...

Joseph Watson explains

https://banned.video/watch?id=616608821648ca3e25119459

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The big squeeze is coming... A covid recession
Victoria owes so much money now they will have to increase taxes on everything eventually while wages drop...
Even more people will suffer thanks to the incompetence of Daniel Andrews the muppet

I am keeping an eye on this Evergrande thing, Australia relies too much on China to do international business with.

'It is pretty serious now': China's property sector wary of Evergrande default

Look at these 2020 Aussie export numbers, 42% of Australia's exports went to China in 2020.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So in England now, restrictions are all but lifted, there are full football stadiums and crowded shops...
But...
The government has banned the new years eve celebrations and fireworks because of covid...
Thats strange... Could they be anticipating more lockdowns this winter...
Also food shortages appear to be hitting Europe now as well...

Joseph Watson explains

https://banned.video/watch?id=616608821648ca3e25119459
Yes, I thought that was a strange decision as well Cristo………..they just had the London marathon, as you say football stadiums are full and yet they ban an outdoor event for New Year’s Eve.
They have also cancelled many big bonfire events for the 5th of November …all outside………
I think they mentioned possible lockdowns ….and at one time the ‘ experts ‘ want to do that at half term in October ……..but I haven heard anything more about that one and that was about a month ago.
I don’t think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing !!
At the moment the government are coming under fire for how they have handled things, in fighting with the political parties ……..

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I thought that was a strange decision as well Cristo………..they just had the London marathon, as you say football stadiums are full and yet they ban an outdoor event for New Year’s Eve.
They have also cancelled many big bonfire events for the 5th of November …all outside………
I think they mentioned possible lockdowns ….and at one time the ‘ experts ‘ want to do that at half term in October ……..but I haven heard anything more about that one and that was about a month ago.
I don’t think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing !!
At the moment the government are coming under fire for how they have handled things, in fighting with the political parties ……..

Its hard to make sense of anything these days Rita.
In the state where i live they have announced that no one can enter without the jab and a negative test.
That means i can't visit my friends and family this xmas or ever
I ask if the jab works then why do u need a negative test and why can't the unvaxed just get a negative test...
Its all just a ploy to vax everyone... Aussies have been mostly forced into it like you were
In my home state essential workers must have the jab... That will surely be extended to all workers and its only a matter of time until the other states follow... Bracing myself for it

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes,I saw your post on another thread about not being able to see you family, so sorry. They haven’t made those kind of restrictions or conditions to travelling from one part of the country to another. It does still apply to going to Europe, my twin brother is still trying to get here to see us all and he has been vaccinated twice x
Rita

Reactions: GodsBeloved11

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes,I saw your post on another thread about not being able to see you family, so sorry. They haven’t made those kind of restrictions or conditions to travelling from one part of the country to another. It does still apply to going to Europe, my twin brother is still trying to get here to see us all and he has been vaccinated twice x
Rita

I didn't know you are a twin. Im sure you've mentioned it... I just missed it...
His in Germany, right? Hopefully they let him in soon. There is no reason not to really

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't know you are a twin. Im sure you've mentioned it... I just missed it...
His in Germany, right? Hopefully they let him in soon. There is no reason not to really
It’s Boris, he has insisted that anyone coming from Europe has to be tested after two days of being here,if he tests positive then he would have to isolate for ten days and it would just not be practical as he only comes over for a week. I think the restrictions are going top change soon so he will try and get over for our dads 90th at the end of November

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It’s Boris, he has insisted that anyone coming from Europe has to be tested after two days of being here,if he tests positive then he would have to isolate for ten days and it would just not be practical as he only comes over for a week. I think the restrictions are going top change soon so he will try and get over for our dads 90th at the end of November
My brothers wife is a pommy and she just flew back to the UK on the 5th, she had been stuck here for about 2 years. they live both here and their.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My brothers wife is a pommy and she just flew back to the UK on the 5th, she had been stuck here for about 2 years. they live both here and their.
Pleased she has managed to get back , I presume that was because of both countries having restrictions. So is Australia allowing people in now, they had stopped that at one time I believe ?

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

The jab isn't mandatory in the UK except in healthcare related jobs. It's lack of fuel suppliers probably due to lack of fuel tankers because of leaving the EU