Fulfilling Every Lust

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find a general fear that people have these days of dying without fulfillment. It is the goal of many to fulfill every lust of the flesh, and to get every ounce of pleasure out of this life. And then die with a sense of having lived a good life and having done it all. Inside we humans must feel that God is somekind of cosmic killjoy, and if we do not experience pleasure here on earth it will be unattainable in heaven. All of these thoughts originate from an unbelieving heart.

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. - Psalms 16:11

Jesus compares this world to a travail. In which, when we are delivered, shall rejoice.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy. A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. - John 16: 20-22

We must understand, dear brethren, that God will fulfill our joy in heaven.

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
Oh Amen! I always think of things that would be fun, but I'm not good at and then I think but when I Get to see my fathers face and find out how joyful we will all be enjoying all of his awesome perfected creation! Oh haleluyah! What a day that will be when my Jesus i shall see! He said we could not even imagine it- better than we can imagine! So imagine the best day you can think of and it is better than that! No pain or suffering or death. HalleluYAH!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All applied theories and philosophies without God end in hedonism.