Funding for Rare Light-Hearted Television Pilot

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristianComedian

Dec 11, 2017
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello!

At the request of some network production companies, the plan is to a film a pilot (a.k.a television demo episode) this soon that will be used as a clear example of what our sketch show demonstrates -- to be picked up as a TV series! We've worked with multiple comedians including Dana Carvey.

As a Christian, and as the link below will explain, the motivation behind this whole show is creating a large-scale blast of comedy, that also reflects our values in a way that is unique to the current Hollywood comedy landscape... and without being "cute" funny. You know what I mean? I appreciate any help at all that can bring this idea, I've had for years, to television.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/light-hearted-surreal-comedy-television-pilot/x/13579761

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
so, see that you cannot achieve...wait, lemme start over

you need an anti-hero to be successful; you might consider making everyone an anti-hero, or everyone but one, or even only one, variable iow, but see that you will not be able to answer my Q bc you are attempting to rep the Eastern Dialectic, but the Hegelian Dialectic is needed in order to provide the tension necessary to keep your audience engaged.

another way to put that is that you have to introduce the Hegelian Dialectic in order to discredit it, although you may not realize that that is what you are trying to do in merging those two concepts that i asked about, "light-hearted-surreal" and "without being cute/funny," bc the second one is, after all, the def of the first one, see; even if the surreality of Eastern Dialectic might not be considered "light hearted" by some. "Light-hearted surreal" = "cute/funny" iow. you need satan lol

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello!

At the request of some network production companies, the plan is to a film a pilot (a.k.a television demo episode) this soon that will be used as a clear example of what our sketch show demonstrates -- to be picked up as a TV series! We've worked with multiple comedians including Dana Carvey.

As a Christian, and as the link below will explain, the motivation behind this whole show is creating a large-scale blast of comedy, that also reflects our values in a way that is unique to the current Hollywood comedy landscape... and without being "cute" funny. You know what I mean? I appreciate any help at all that can bring this idea, I've had for years, to television.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/light-hearted-surreal-comedy-television-pilot/x/13579761

Strange statement. You want to 'create a..blast of comedy...without being cute funny'. Forget it.

Jesus Christ was a man of sorrows. There is nothing cute or funny about Him or His mission. To make it a comedy is to vomit all over it.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
the really surreal, see, introduces Cognitive Dissonance, and is not perceived as "light-hearted" by the Cog-Dissed; so you want to set up situations in which those who understand get a laugh, right, but note that this is always at the "expense" so to speak of the blind guy in the equation.

I wish you luck, Drew Cary is great at this, but see that w/o Mimi et al he would not be; they illustrate the "sorrow" Stranger alludes to, that we refer to in fact as "Divine Comedy."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the really surreal, see, introduces Cognitive Dissonance, and is not perceived as "light-hearted" by the Cog-Dissed; so you want to set up situations in which those who understand get a laugh, right, but note that this is always at the "expense" so to speak of the blind guy in the equation.

I wish you luck, Drew Cary is great at this, but see that w/o Mimi et al he would not be; they illustrate the "sorrow" Stranger alludes to, that we refer to in fact as "Divine Comedy."

As I said...'to vomit all over it'.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well that is just judgement, see, you are refing eating cake, and he wants to bake a cake.
when you're eating cake you get to pick whatever flavor you want lol
and none of my business if you want vomit flavored cake either, go for it :)

Scared of judgement? The Christian is to judge. (1 Cor. 6:1-4)

Stranger