Gardening

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi folks. I was thinking about getting motivated into creating some food gardens. I have been slack for the past few years and now I'm looking forward to starting again. At the moment, the price of vegetables in the supermarket are off the planet along with Covid restrictions etc. It's time to get a little more self-sufficient.

I live about 3 doors down from Mitre 10 which is a store that has gardening equipment, plants, seedlings as well as so much more. No more excuses for me. I am on my way to creatwe something awesome! 2h4f94x.gif

I will keep folks updated as I go along. May evenpost some pics here ;)

Reactions: Debp

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Angelina Plants/veges that grow great together if it is the right climate of course.

The usual suspects: Tomatoes and Basil, Peppers, Beans and Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cucumbers and Carrots, potatoes and radishes are all great for starters.....

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi folks. I was thinking about getting motivated into creating some food gardens. I have been slack for the past few years and now I'm looking forward to starting again. At the moment, the price of vegetables in the supermarket are off the planet along with Covid restrictions etc. It's time to get a little more self-sufficient.

I live about 3 doors down from Mitre 10 which is a store that has gardening equipment, plants, seedlings as well as so much more. No more excuses for me. I am on my way to creatwe something awesome! View attachment 24663

I will keep folks updated as I go along. May evenpost some pics here ;)
I would recommend chasing down someone who has a supply of viable seeds. What seedlings you buy at most outlets don't reproduce... And the seeds you buy are good for only one season as their progeny don't reproduce either. Monsanto and other corporations have locked in their profiteering by fiddling with God's natural order.
There are people about who are happy to provide good seeds... Just have to do a little research.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I would recommend chasing down someone who has a supply of viable seeds. What seedlings you buy at most outlets don't reproduce... And the seeds you buy are good for only one season as their progeny don't reproduce either. Monsanto and other corporations have locked in their profiteering by fiddling with God's natural order.
There are people about who are happy to provide good seeds... Just have to do a little research.
There is a place near where I live that I could order on-line for seeds called King Seeds and also a heirloom seed group that I could buy from. Thankks @Brakelite :):tomato::eggplant::strawberry::cherries:

Reactions: Debp and Brakelite