Gay/Lesbian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Here are my views,if you could give me some more information on why it is wrong it would be apreciated!!!I know it is wrong and have read the story's of Sodom and Gomorrah,but some of my old friends have started a gay alliance club and it bugs me,I have tried to explain this they just get madder,Homosexuality,is it really wrong,or is it right?Today there is a lot of problems concerning these issues.Gay rights or No Gay Rights,Should gay be allowed to marry etc.The opinion over this topic is changing,Many people are starting just to accept this gay lifestyle,and rather than going with Gods word and saying hey this is wrong,they are just sitting back doing nothing,which is causing a lot of problems.What I am trying to say is that even if our opinions have changed over time,has Gods...The answer is NORomans 1:18-32,Paul has said some harsh things about those who take part in this gay lifestyle(homosexuality,idolatry).Not only men But also Women who take part in this sin not only go against sin,But also go against Gods design of human life.If you think you will not be punished for this you will find yourself wrong.Although being "gay" is a sin,it is a unforgivable sin,Meaning even if you go gay you can always repent for your sins,if you truly mean it.God loves homosexuals just as much as he loves other people who do wrong.Meaning No God does not Hate them,but if they do comment this sin and do not ask for forgiveness they will not make it.Jesus died on the cross to pay for sins,lying,lust,pride,homosexuality etc.But not so we could just go and do it againHomosexuals like all sinners,are guilty in the eye of God,But they can be set free like I said by repenting the awful sin they have commitedMessage of Romans-and of the entire bible,JESUS WILL SET US FREE,FREE People don't you want that,Regardless of what we did.So this is just some of my views on Homosexuality

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
I disagree with homosexuality, but I will not judge nor condemn those who are living this way of life (James 4:12). as for marriage, I don't support it, but I do support the unions between the two, because they're human beings too, and they have a right to live the life they choose to live.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Union is basically a marriage,so basically if I am not mistaken you are saying you don't support marriage but a Union,They are going against God plan of life,For every man there is a woman!!!No life comes from a man and a man.No we should not judge them,but we should help them for if they commit this sin we should help right?

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
First off, lets dispense with the word "Gay" for this behavior. "Gay" means happy / content and the fact that they have chosen this label for themselves is an indication that they are trying to explain it to themselves. What you boast of in such a manner is what one really lacks. In the Soviet Union, they killed over 130 million of their own all the while referring to each other as "Comrade". Here, the one group of people who kill more of each other than any single group refers to each other as "Brotha" or "Sista".If you look hard enough, you can probably find many more such examples.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(Super Kal;33211)
I disagree with homosexuality, but I will not judge nor condemn those who are living this way of life (James 4:12). as for marriage, I don't support it, but I do support the unions between the two, because they're human beings too, and they have a right to live the life they choose to live.
It is not judging. If you wish to go that route, you must also not judge to be Good what God calls an abomination.Endorse civil unions? I guess you wouldn't judge two 15 year old children having sex either, you would just give them condoms and tell them to "Sin Safely"?

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
(BernieEOD;33217)
It is not judging. If you wish to go that route, you must also not judge to be Good what God calls an abomination.Endorse civil unions? I guess you wouldn't judge two 15 year old children having sex either, you would just give them condoms and tell them to "Sin Safely"?
AMEN
smile.gif

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(Dukester;33182)
Here are my views,if you could give me some more information on why it is wrong it would be apreciated!!!I know it is wrong and have read the story's of Sodom and Gomorrah,but some of my old friends have started a gay alliance club and it bugs me,I have tried to explain this they just get madder,Homosexuality,is it really wrong,or is it right?Today there is a lot of problems concerning these issues.Gay rights or No Gay Rights,Should gay be allowed to marry etc.The opinion over this topic is changing,Many people are starting just to accept this gay lifestyle,and rather than going with Gods word and saying hey this is wrong,they are just sitting back doing nothing,which is causing a lot of problems.What I am trying to say is that even if our opinions have changed over time,has Gods...The answer is NORomans 1:18-32,Paul has said some harsh things about those who take part in this gay lifestyle(homosexuality,idolatry).Not only men But also Women who take part in this sin not only go against sin,But also go against Gods design of human life.If you think you will not be punished for this you will find yourself wrong.Although being "gay" is a sin,it is a unforgivable sin,Meaning even if you go gay you can always repent for your sins,if you truly mean it.God loves homosexuals just as much as he loves other people who do wrong.Meaning No God does not Hate them,but if they do comment this sin and do not ask for forgiveness they will not make it.Jesus died on the cross to pay for sins,lying,lust,pride,homosexuality etc.But not so we could just go and do it againHomosexuals like all sinners,are guilty in the eye of God,But they can be set free like I said by repenting the awful sin they have commitedMessage of Romans-and of the entire bible,JESUS WILL SET US FREE,FREE People don't you want that,Regardless of what we did.So this is just some of my views on Homosexuality
It does not begin there. It all begins in Genisis where God defines marriage."A man shall leave his mother and a woman shall leave her home. The two shall become one flesh."It leaves no room for poligamy for it does not state "Many shall become one"Nor does it leave room for any other kind of union. Liberal Theologians calim Jesus nullified this but Jesus quoted and re affirmed this and farther adding "It is for this reason that man was created male and female"The very concept of people tieng themselves to a behavior and defining themselves by it is outragious. We now have these same "Junk Scientists trying to do the same thing with drug users (So we need to make a war on "Dopaphobic biggotry"?) Pedophilia, and other behaviors.When confrointing this issue, one of the best challenges I have been able to come up with is "Do you believe that this is the only sin you need to repent of?" The bottom line is that it is not about comming out of homosexuality or any other single behavior God calls sin but comming into Christ. Once one is in Christ, then HE will make the changes.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
I know it does not begin there,I was just stating some events
smile.gif
You are right though...But I would have to disagree with the last sentence just a little!Some homosexuals say they believe in Jesus and go to church they say they believe full heartedly but do not realize that what they are doing are wrong!!So sometimes you have to single out one single sin as I did...So they will realize they are not fully devoted to Christ until they change...do you get that??? I really don't know how to say itAnd no you have to repent for every sin no matter how small it is!!!Thanks for your input,I love adding to my knowledge!!!!-duke-

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
(BernieEOD;33217)
It is not judging. If you wish to go that route, you must also not judge to be Good what God calls an abomination.
We're supposed to hate the sin, but love the sinner... how can we do that if at every turn we condemn them to a life of misery?I hate the thought of homosexuality, but I will not deny the right for them to live just because they sin, because when it comes down to it, we're no better than they are.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Super Kal;33224)
We're supposed to hate the sin, but love the sinner... how can we do that if at every turn we condemn them to a life of misery?I hate the thought of homosexuality, but I will not deny the right for them to live just because they sin, because when it comes down to it, we're no better than they are.
I see it that if you do not deny homosexuals their "right" to be homosexual then you're supporting them. As as for "we're no better than they are," we're new creatures in Christ. We're no longer sinful beings, but children of God. So you have just blasphemed! :X

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (Wakka;33225)
QUOTE (Super Kal;33224)
I see it that if you do not deny homosexuals their "right" to be homosexual then you're supporting them. As as for "we're no better than they are," we're new creatures in Christ. We're no longer sinful beings, but children of God. So you have just blasphemed! :XWakka I do agree with you that we are no better they are, but I don't think you got Super Kal point. I may be wrong though.Christ changed the death penalty, after He died on the cross.Colossians 2:14 - Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;Do we kill a person because they committed an adultery, stealing, dishonouring their parents, being a homosexualty...?They do have the right to live as we do because we don't know if they are going to repent of their sins or not...We all deserve to the Lake of Fire anyway.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
we may be children of God, but that does NOT mean we are free from temptation.I'm sorry, but I can't sit there and deny them the right to live... I cannot help but feel compassion for these people... I feel so sad and heartbroken to see someone live this kind of life, but it makes me angry and even more sad to see a Christian to life their nose so high in the air and have the audacity to sit there and say "I'm better than you!" The ONLY good thing that is in our lives is Jesus Christ, and I will not tell them that they're a bad person when my life is no better than theirs.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
Id have to agree, its not judgemental, its just not sitting back and letting the world turn from God, when we as believers know so much better. Jesus loves all- he can see through sin. We need to be as non-judgemental as possible- but we DO need to inform these people of Gods Word!Take a look at Westboro Baptist Churchs view- IT DOESNT HELP ANYONE

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
Westboro Baptist Church is NOT a church... it is a cult.the only thing they know how to do is spread hate.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(Super Kal;33224)
One condems them to a life of mysery if we do not bless what they are doing?If they are miserable because they see a call to repent as an attack, then they are demanding affirmation and are still in rebellion. We do not allow a couple to continue living in sin, we are commanded to expel them dellowship until they agree to repent. Likewise in any other sin one is confronted with.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(Super Kal;33242)
Westboro Baptist Church is NOT a church... it is a cult.the only thing they know how to do is spread hate.
That's why I said their approach doesn't help anyone.
smile.gif

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Super Kal;33224)
God loves all people, but He hates sin, He does not accept it, and neither should we. We can love those people, but not agreeing what they do. We had an ex-homosexual speaking in church and telling how hard it was for him to turn away from his gay life. He was sexually abused as a child. He used to belong to 'gay-christian' church and he taught it was ok, but God started to talk to him, it was not easy road for him to give up the old things, but he was so honest and had supportive non gay christians around him when he was on his journey to recovery. It was a long process for him. Now he is married to a woman and they already had a daughter then ,about 5 years of age. I just wanted to share that with you.

Super Kal

Nov 27, 2007
(Thunder1;33263)
God loves all people, but He hates sin, He does not accept it, and neither should we. We can love those people, but not agreeing what they do. We had an ex-homosexual speaking in church and telling how hard it was for him to turn away from his gay life. He was sexually abused as a child. He used to belong to 'gay-christian' church and he taught it was ok, but God started to talk to him, it was not easy road for him to give up the old things, but he was so honest and had supportive non gay christians around him when he was on his journey to recovery. It was a long process for him. Now he is married to a woman and they already had a daughter then ,about 5 years of age. I just wanted to share that with you.
that's awesome to hear, that truly is.I just want to make this clear: I hate homosexuality... the very thought of it makes my skin crawl. Now I'll admit, my mind on the subject has changed a bit since my first post, but I will not and will never in my life turn my back to them. I do not and will never accept the sin, but I will love them and accept them as who they are because Jesus loved and accepted me and them for who I was and who they are.