Genesis Creation Account

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just got in touch with a theologian friend of mine.
He showed me something neat with the creation account.

Day one..........light........day 4......sun moon, stars

Day 2..............air, land/sea...day 5.....birds, fish

Day 3............. vegetation......day 6.....animals, man.

In the creation account there is symmetry and balance.
But also a focus... mankind was the balance and focus of creation. Meaning that there's a symbiosis of man with the whole Earth. Man cannot exist without the natural order of things...nor can the natural order exist without man. If any part of the natural order is not in balance there becomes an imbalance and the whole thing falls apart like a tinker toy sea saw.

And since the seventh day is not part of the balance... DON'T Work on that day or else your life will be unbalanced. Do just like God did and take a day off.

If this doesn't make sense... don't sweat it....it is in the funnel for canned sermons and your local pastor will regurgitate it soon enough.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, thanks for the topic,
first, no sweat, nor stress..... (smile). but consider this, in your order of Days. day 6 was when Man, (who was formed on day 3), was made into male and female.

day one was not sunlight, but the LIGHT of the world.

and If this doesn't make sense... don't sweat it... :eek: .... read your bible for yourself.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, thanks for the topic,
first, no sweat, nor stress..... (smile). but consider this, in your order of Days. day 6 was when Man, (who was formed on day 3), was made into male and female.

day one was not sunlight, but the LIGHT of the world.

and If this doesn't make sense... don't sweat it... :eek: .... read your bible for yourself.

PICJAG

This is not about the straight, flat reading of the scriptures. (And I agree about Jesus being the light as John says) This is about another "hidden" but not so hidden lesson on the creation account and the natural order to God's creation plan.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not about the straight, flat reading of the scriptures. (And I agree about Jesus being the light as John says) This is about a "hidden" but not so hidden lesson on the creation account and the natural order to God's creation plan.
the order is in ERROR.

PICJAG

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the order is in ERROR.

PICJAG
Really?

Man wasn't made on day three. Day 6 is it.

Check again and show me the verses and translation that shows man being made on the third day.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another thing, Birds came out of the Water as well as the Ground. something to think about.
PICJAG

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another thing, Birds came out of the Water as well as the Ground. something to think about.
PICJAG

Birds were made on day five...counter to day 2 of when the sky, land, and sea were made.

Perfectly symmetrical.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

Man wasn't made on day three. Day 6 is it.

Check again and show me the verses and translation that shows man being made on the third day.
First thanks for the reply, and second, here they are.
Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens," Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground." Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground." Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Now man was "Formed" before every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and before every herb of the field before it grew. now go back to chapter 1 and see what day the plant was in the earth, and the herbs in the earth, or JUST LOOK AT YOU CHART.... :eek: YIKES!

PICJAG

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Birds were made on day five...counter to day 2 of when the sky, land, and sea were made.

Perfectly symmetrical.
ERROR, Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof."

now chapter 1, Genesis 1:21 "And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

now are you saying that God lied?

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is why there is always mass arguments in christianity, "BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T READ THEIR BIBLES."
instead believe men and women without the knowledge of God. that's why we have a BIBLE, ..... to READ IT..... WITH THE HOLY GHOST

PICJAG

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is why there is always mass arguments in christianity, "BECAUSE PEOPLE DON'T READ THEIR BIBLES."
instead believe men and women without the knowledge of God. that's why we have a BIBLE, ..... to READ IT..... WITH THE HOLY GHOST

PICJAG
I'm thinking that you need to review the rules of grammar and punctuation.

You haven't proven your case... you have inadvertently proven mine....and where I really appreciate that. I already had it.

But continue on.

Reactions: BarneyFife

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm thinking that you need to review the rules of grammar and punctuation.

You haven't proven your case... you have inadvertently proven mine....and where I really appreciate that. I already had it.

But continue on.
ok, look, on day three, Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."
Genesis 1:12 "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good."
Genesis 1:13 "And the evening and the morning were the third day."

this is day three, now lets see what was "FORMED" .... BEFORE the Grass grew, and the Trees Grew.... scripture, Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,"
Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground."
Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground."
Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

understand now, man was here before the Animals, and before the grass and trees. and I have more scriptural proof to back that up.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, let us hit you with something more to support the Bible God's view, look at your chart, you have man and animal day 6 correct, well lets destroy that nonesense. scripture, Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."
Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof."
Genesis 2:20 "And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him."

hold it, God brought the animals to Adam that he formed out of the Ground, because he didn't want Adam to be "ALONE". BINGO.

so Man just from that scripture alone tells us man was here before the aninals, and the birds.... :eek: YIKES!

so go and chech the scriptures I gave.

PICJAG

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
https://img.memecdn.com/Im-not-ignorinig-you-Im-just-listening-to-my-fingers_o_21845.jpg
Im-not-ignorinig-you-Im-just-listening-to-my-fingers_o_21845.jpg

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Day one should really be "cosmic light". Then day four is sunlight.
I'm seeing the mistake... gonna fix that.
It should be simply "light" and not anything else.

Thank you!

This is why I leave writing to the professionals.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so Man just from that scripture alone tells us man was here before the aninals, and the birds.... :eek: YIKES!
It just means that animals and man weren't in the same place when they were created.

You're engaging in eisegesis. And probably scriptural mischief.

Reactions: JohnDB

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply, and second, here they are.
Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens," Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground." Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground." Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Now man was "Formed" before every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and before every herb of the field before it grew. now go back to chapter 1 and see what day the plant was in the earth, and the herbs in the earth, or JUST LOOK AT YOU CHART.... :eek: YIKES!

PICJAG
You need to,reread, this says man was formed after not before

the generations was of the heavens and earth not man

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It just means that animals and man weren't in the same place when they were created.

You're engaging in eisegesis. And probably scriptural mischief.
first thanks for the reply, and second, if I'm in ERROR, prove me wrong. that's all to it, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

your move.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to,reread, this says man was formed after not before

the generations was of the heavens and earth not man
first thanks for the reply, second, I have read it, and it is clear as day, Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,"Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground." Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground." Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

now go back to chapter 1 and see when the plants and grass came on the earth?

now, two things, "before anything grew", there was no rain, but a mist "watered" the .... WHOLE face of the ground, did you understand that fully?

now I ask you, can you get dust from where moister is at? ... the answer is NO. so we suggest you re-read the Genesis account.

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG