• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It isn’t unsaved Jews that I had in mind.

Here you go.

From their site.

Statement of Faith

-
The Nature of God
We believe in one sovereign God, existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, unbounded in power and measureless in love; that God is the source of all creation and that through the immediate exercise of His power all things came into being.

The Father
We believe that God the Father is the author of eternal salvation, having loved the world and given His Son for its redemption.

The Son
We believe that Jesus the Messiah was eternally pre-existent and is co-equal with God the Father; that He took on Himself the nature of man through the virgin birth so that He possesses both divine and human natures. We believe in His sinless life and perfect obedience to the Law; in His atoning death, burial, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, high-priestly intercession and His personal return in power and glory.

The Holy Spirit
We believe that the Holy Spirit is co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and the Son; that He was active in the creation of all things and continues to be so in providence; that He convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, and that He regenerates, sanctifies, baptizes, indwells, seals, illumines, guides and bestows His gifts upon all believers.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Here you go.

From their site.

Statement of Faith

-
The Nature of God
We believe in one sovereign God, existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, unbounded in power and measureless in love; that God is the source of all creation and that through the immediate exercise of His power all things came into being.

The Father
We believe that God the Father is the author of eternal salvation, having loved the world and given His Son for its redemption.

The Son
We believe that Jesus the Messiah was eternally pre-existent and is co-equal with God the Father; that He took on Himself the nature of man through the virgin birth so that He possesses both divine and human natures. We believe in His sinless life and perfect obedience to the Law; in His atoning death, burial, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, high-priestly intercession and His personal return in power and glory.

The Holy Spirit
We believe that the Holy Spirit is co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and the Son; that He was active in the creation of all things and continues to be so in providence; that He convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment, and that He regenerates, sanctifies, baptizes, indwells, seals, illumines, guides and bestows His gifts upon all believers.

o_Oo_Oo_O

I definitely didn’t have Jews For Jesus in mind.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You’re living in Israel now. Have you any observation on the state of relationship between trinitarian and unitarian branches of Messianic Judaism? I’ve met and dined with one of the leaders in the unitarian branch (Uri Marcus).

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostles didn’t accept a command given by Jesus?
Can you find any evidence that they accepted THAT command?

That's kinda the point of my statement.

WHY wouldn't they accept a command from Jesus?

They either disobeyed His command or the command was never given, but what we know for certain is that there is no record whatsoever of them following that command. On the contrary, they proceeded forward in a totally different way.

How does that align with the Bible as a whole at all?

It doesn't.

That means something is wrong with that verse. Be it translation or malicious corruption.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Because its your concern.
Im good.

It was my concern. He provided the answer I was looking for. You entered the discussion by responding to a question I asked someone. I’m having the discussion with you which I was looking for with him.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure they did..

Matthew 28:19-20

Jesus told them to baptize in the name of the..

1. Father.
2. Son
3. Holy Spirit

See those 3 ?
They certainly saw them.., as Jesus commanded.
You forgot to include proof that any of them accepted that.

A verse showing them obeying, maybe?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Can you find any evidence that they accepted THAT command?

That's kinda the point of my statement.

WHY wouldn't they accept a command from Jesus?

They either disobeyed His command or the command was never given, but what we know for certain is that there is no record whatsoever of them following that command. On the contrary, they proceeded forward in a totally different way.

How does that align with the Bible as a whole at all?

It doesn't.

That means something is wrong with that verse. Be it translation or malicious corruption.

The command, I suggest, doesn’t mean what the trinitarians think it does.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You’re mistaken about that.

Well, there are always exceptions to the rule.

And, Im not RICH-R, who only uses what "modern scholarship teaches him to think and say".... and This is why you never ever ever see me on any Christian forum, or in any church building, saying...>"but this group says".....and "this scholarship said"... "and the original greek says'...

I dont use any of that nonsense, Wrangler.
I have Paul, and a New Testament, and im "In Christ", so, the bible is open to my spirit, and so, that is what a believer is supposed to have as their understanding.
I am a Bible believer.
I believe the Holy Bible is my Final authority, and Paul is my ultimate teacher, instructed by the Holy Spirit.
Jesus is my Lord and Savior.
All of this works as my one true "scholarship", tho, im seminary trained.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well, there are always exceptions to the rule.

And, Im not RICH-R, who only uses what "modern scholarship teaches him to think and say".... and This is why you never ever ever see me on any Christian forum, or in any church building, saying...>"but this group says".....and "this scholarship said"... "and the original greek says'...

I dont use any of that nonsense, Wrangler.
I have Paul, and a New Testament, and im "In Christ", so, the bible is open to my spirit, and so, that is what a believer is supposed to have as their understanding.
I am a Bible believer.
I believe the Holy Bible is my Final authority, and Paul is my ultimate teacher, instructed by the Holy Spirit.
Jesus is my Lord and Savior.
All of this works as my "scholarship", tho, im seminary trained.

I remember. We’ve discussed that before.

As for me, I know for certain what I had (and have) in mind. You thought in this instance that you knew what I had in mind, but you were mistaken.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The command, I suggest, doesn’t mean what the trinitarians think it does.
The command in question is Matthew 28:19 about HOW to baptize.

I stated that none of the Apostles obeyed.

You questioned that.

Are you getting confused with this line of discussion or .... ?

I'm not trinitarian so why are you bringing up trinitarians?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The command in question is Matthew 28:19 about HOW to baptize.

I stated that none of the Apostles obeyed.

You questioned that.

Are you getting confused with this line of discussion or .... ?

No, I’m not confused.

I'm not trinitarian so why are you bringing up trinitarians?

Trinitarians do exist. One of them started this thread.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m pretty sure @Taken would welcome the opportunity to provide clarification upon request.

Messianic Jews believe Jesus is the Christ Messiah.
Messianic Jews also typically continue to observe Jewish festival days.

Do you agree with @Taken that “Jesus Himself is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit”?

God Himself;
God IN Heaven; His Kingdom; His Throne;
God Serves Himself; Gods Will Effected;
God ON Earth; His Footstool; Purposed IN Himself;
Gods Power; His Spirit; His Glory;
Gods Spirit (Can be) WITH us; or IN us; or Reflective UPON us.

Numerous Names, Titles, Descriptions...
Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscient...

God purposed IN Himself, Sent, His Truth, His Life, His Word, His WayGod Said would BE TO Him...”A Son”, on Gods Footstool, as a Servant, in the Likeness “AS a Jewish man”, OF the House of David.

ONLY someone OF the House of David CAN SIT on King Davids Earthly Throne, WHICH God Established AS AN Everlasting Throne.

Jesus, AS a Son of David, is as well A Son of Abraham, thus, Jesus IS an heir of Abraham, Entitled to Abrahams Promised LAND. Jesus fulfilled these Prophecies, and thus His Earthly Kingdom awaits His Return for Jesus’ millennial Reign, AS the Son of man Returns WITH POWER, who IS The Christ. Thus He shall reign With His saints, as KING of (Nations kingdoms, of king humans, NOT destroyed during the Trib...ie the remnant). Expressly VOID of Evil spirits.

Human Men FAILED, OT men, NT men, Worldly men...
Jesus, IN the Likeness AS a man, (God purposed IN Himself), To EFFECT His Will Be DONE, on Earth as it IS IN Heaven.

It’s ABOUT KNOWING the WISDOM that everything that IS IN God, IS God. Everything That comes forth out from God Remains IN and WITH God.

Human men, DID NOT come out from God. Gods Word came forth out from Gods Mouth, and God Named His Word JESUS.

Eph 1:
[9] Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

I could go on and on and on. ;)

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Messianic Jews believe Jesus is the Christ Messiah.
Messianic Jews also typically continue to observe Jewish festival days.

God Himself;
God IN Heaven; His Kingdom; His Throne;
God Serves Himself; Gods Will Effected;
God ON Earth; His Footstool; Purposed IN Himself;
Gods Power; His Spirit; His Glory;
Gods Spirit (Can be) WITH us; or IN us; or Reflective UPON us.

Numerous Names, Titles, Descriptions...
Omnipresent, Omnipotent, Omniscient...

God purposed IN Himself, Sent, His Truth, His Life, His Word, His WayGod Said would BE TO Him...”A Son”, on Gods Footstool, as a Servant, in the Likeness “AS a Jewish man”, OF the House of David.

ONLY someone OF the House of David CAN SIT on King Davids Earthly Throne, WHICH God Established AS AN Everlasting Throne.

Jesus, AS a Son of David, is as well A Son of Abraham, thus, Jesus IS an heir of Abraham, Entitled to Abrahams Promised LAND. Jesus fulfilled these Prophecies, and thus His Earthly Kingdom awaits His Return for Jesus’ millennial Reign, AS the Son of man Returns WITH POWER, who IS The Christ. Thus He shall reign With His saints, as KING of (Nations kingdoms, of king humans, NOT destroyed during the Trib...ie the remnant). Expressly VOID of Evil spirits.

Human Men FAILED, OT men, NT men, Worldly men...
Jesus, IN the Likeness AS a man, (God purposed IN Himself), To EFFECT His Will Be DONE, on Earth as it IS IN Heaven.

It’s ABOUT KNOWING the WISDOM that everything that IS IN God, IS God. Everything That comes forth out from God Remains IN and WITH God.

Human men, DID NOT come out from God. Gods Word came forth out from Gods Mouth, and God Named His Word JESUS.

Eph 1:
[9] Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

I could go on and on and on. ;)

If @Behold has any questions I’ll leave it to him to ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.