Get In A Bible Preaching Church!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stay Away From The Feel Good Churches, Motivational Speaker Churches, Prosperity Gospel Churches and Churches That Promise Health Healing For All Your Money.

All You Need Is Jesus, nothing more. No candles, no rituals, no long robes, no ceremonies, no money for "indulgences." Just bring YOU! :)

First and Foremost, Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

*Pray Without Ceasing--Pray to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Pray to His Father, Pray with Groans through the Holy Spirit. Pray every 5 minutes or even less, even every 1 minute if you can, of your entire 24 hr day! Pray before you fall asleep, pray as soon as you wake up! Prayer, Trust and Faith in Your Creator is the Greatest Gift God has given Believers! Seriously it is AWESOME!

*Give Thanks In All Circumstances--In sadness, in weakness, in disease, in poverty, even when you are betrayed, even in imminent death...give thanks to the Lord Jesus Christ (like Steven who was stoned) and realize that even this will pass, the troubles of this life are a VAPOR compared to Eternity with Our Lord and Savior! When you are blessed with Riches, with Love, with Love from a Spouse, Brother, Sister, Mother or Father, with Health, with Knowledge and Wisdom, be humble, be thankful and praise the name of Jesus Christ...FOR HE IS LORD!

*The Will Of God In Christ Jesus For You--"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love." - 1 John 4:18 ESV

The Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!
Eternity is a Very long Time!
Satan Loves Distractions and Wants Christians To Just Die!!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I usually suggest to seek a church that seeks to practice what it preaches. Not a guarantee of a good biblical church, but a good starting point.
Other indicators are, how were you greeted, did people talk to you,, was the service explained as it went along, did the Durkin challenge you.
Afterwards did people talk to you, how wiling was the preacher to talk with you, what information was there about there missionaries.

Reactions: Nancy

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I usually suggest to seek a church that seeks to practice what it preaches. Not a guarantee of a good biblical church, but a good starting point.
Other indicators are, how were you greeted, did people talk to you,, was the service explained as it went along, did the Durkin challenge you.
Afterwards did people talk to you, how wiling was the preacher to talk with you, what information was there about there missionaries.
What is a "Durkin?"

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a "Durkin?"

"Durkin Name Meaning. Irish: reduced Anglicized form of Gaelic Mac Duarcáin 'son of Duarcán', a byname representing a diminutive of duairc 'surly'. Polish: from Russian Durkin, from durak 'fool', 'idiot'." :D

Maybe a typo?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe God sometimes leads us to certain Church's for a reason, and a season. The last Church had me growing a thicker skin but, after 3 years there, never made a true friend. It was a cold atmosphere. You could talk to the pastor IF you made an appointment and, it was not a large Church...on a good day maybe 60 or 70. The Church was large enough to hold at least 150.

Reactions: Willie T

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The teaching at my church at the moment is with the vision for us to be living out our lives as near to the blue print in Acts as possible.

Reactions: Josho and Nancy

BlessedCreator

Apr 15, 2020
Oregon
www.gffg.info
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have yet to find a church in my area that is not infiltrated and corrupted by false apostles/ministers of unrighteousness/grievous wolves. They make it really obvious too, they use satanic pagan occult symbols showing their allegiance to Satan as their church logos, on their social media and web pages. And not only that but if you take a look at staff social media you will find they love this world and indulging in it and living so obviously contrary to God's will. If those didn't make it obvious enough you need not look farther than the doctrines of demons they teach, easy believism, once saved always saved, carnal indulgence, love for the world, fables, etc. etc.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What/ who/ does God SAY in His Word , The Bible, To Look For ? Who To Look For ? (when you get to a city, or in the city you are in) , and then to remain with ....

I believe God sometimes leads us to certain Church's for a reason, and a season. The last Church had me growing a thicker skin but, after 3 years there, never made a true friend. It was a cold atmosphere. You could talk to the pastor IF you made an appointment and, it was not a large Church...on a good day maybe 60 or 70. The Church was large enough to hold at least 150.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And than,

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

why do people love egypt so much,

Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He does.

It is written to seek out those who are faithful, and do not keep moving around after finding them....

Sometimes it is God calling us away from a certain local body. Just because I started out in Laodecia doesn't mean I might not be called to Philadelphia...I would still be a part of the body. Not to mention, the mainline Churches do not give meat anyhow so, if we find the faithful around us and we gather together in His name, does it matter that it is not some huge institution? Could at somebodies house! Actually, I say small groups are the way to go.
JMHO :)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is written to seek out those who are faithful

if we find the faithful around us and we gather together in His name, does it matter that it is not some huge institution? Could at somebodies house! Actually, I say small groups are the way to go.
Or vagabonds on earth, scorned like Jesus was and is, despised by the rich and the educated....

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Consider this. Do we not choose a church that says what we want it to say and do what we want it to do?

For example, a reformed theology person would not go to a pentecostal church because it does not teach reformed theology.

A pentecostal person would not go to a reformed theology church because it does not hear people speak in tongues.

In other words, unless it has everything right, then it is considered wrong.

For example, I was born again in a Baptist church and attended one for many years because I did not know any different. Once I began to see the world a bit and eventually ended up at a charismatic brethren church, I could not imagine going back to the baptist church because I saw much more of the scriptures lived out in the life of the charismatic brethren church than in the Baptist Church.

As for going to a church that claims to be a bible believing church, I find those sort of churches no more believe the bible than the man in the moon. What they believe is their version of the bible which as I have found out is far removed from what the bible says.

Reactions: historyb

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say every Church is a Bible believing Church, otherwise why be a Church at all. When people say Bible Believing Church they mean what they believe and if it's not that way then the Church is no good

Reactions: Willie T

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would say every Church is a Bible believing Church, otherwise why be a Church at all. When people say Bible Believing Church they mean what they believe and if it's not that way then the Church is no good
So a church that speaks against the gifts of the spirit is a bible believing church?

Or a church that is run by a homosexual and his boyfriend is a bible believing church?

Or a church where the minister is rich and the congregation is poor as is the case in many African churches?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Get In A Bible Preaching Church!"

No thank you, I've been down that road already. There is nothing to see there but false doctrines and buffoonery. I ain't ever going back, I'm not trying to turn into a pillar of salt.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So a church that speaks against the gifts of the spirit is a bible believing church?

Or a church that is run by a homosexual and his boyfriend is a bible believing church?

Or a church where the minister is rich and the congregation is poor as is the case in many African churches?

What I am talking about is when someone like you say for instance says to another Christian "I am a Baptist" and they tell you "Oh no get in a Bible believing Church". It happens a lot to Liturgical Churches, where I will tell them that I go to a Liturgical Church and people will say go to a Bible believing Church. There is no need for you hyperbole

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I am talking about is when someone like you say for instance says to another Christian "I am a Baptist" and they tell you "Oh no get in a Bible believing Church". It happens a lot to Liturgical Churches, where I will tell them that I go to a Liturgical Church and people will say go to a Bible believing Church. There is no need for you hyperbole

Sorry but that won't wash. You said every church is a bible believing church so my question still stands. You can't worm your way out of it because it is very clear not every church is a bible believing church as my examples show.

And my questions were neither exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally because all three exist.
Now, you might like to get off your high horse and answer my questions...if you can.