1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Getting back to the Heart of Worship

Discussion in 'Christian Spirituality Forum' started by Heart2Soul, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Worship....to many it means simple faithfulness to remember the Sabbath and Keep it Holy
    To others, it means to be obedient and fearful of His Will....to me....it is the very core of my heart to Praise Him in song and in dance and to become enveloped with the anointing of His presence. The Bible does say He INHABITS the praises of His people.....something very supernatural about Worship.....the time taken to simply be aware of nothing But HIM....and to stand in awe of all the He is....then smile and say to the enemy MY GOD IS MIGHTY AND AWESOME AND ABLE to do above and beyond anything I could ever ask or think....and I am His Child and He is my Lord.....He is MY FATHER....I am so highly blessed and honored to Worship Him and know that He is the author and finisher of my faith....He teaches me His ways...Comforts me with His Holy Spirit....and is faithful to complete every good work He has begun in me til the coming of my Lord and Saviour Jesus.

To God Be All the Glory!
    Amen!

2. brakelite

brakelite Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Amen. I sense strongly that your worship is deeper than simply outward posturing... It is a genuine reflection of who you are. May your God bless, preserve, protect, and uplift you and yours till He comes.

Nancy, Hidden In Him and Heart2Soul like this.
  3. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    In the early 90's I heard a man perform on one of the TV Evangelists programs and it quickly became my favorite worship song to play when struggling with the enemy in my life.....by the Imperials

The lyrics speak to me in such a way that I can feel my spirit rise up in faith to Praise the Lord in my trials and tribulations....

4. amadeus

amadeus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Give God the glory!

Heart2Soul likes this.
  5. Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I enjoyed some of Russ Taff's contemporary stuff as well. He had a great voice, and it was very memorable.

Heart2Soul likes this.
  6. Hidden In Him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I think this is the one thing I miss most about church: The worship, and being on the altar. The Lord has called me to concentrate my energies on other things now, but those who have been involved in worship teams will tell you: There is nothing like it when the Spirit of God is present, and you are caught up. Certainly you feel it in the congregation as well, but not like when you are on the altar.

Heart2Soul and amadeus like this.
  7. Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    AMEN!

Hidden In Him likes this.
  8. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I know….there is no words that can express the feeling of His presence and during that time you are totally unaware of anything but Him....I MISS IT SO MUCH but I do get into it on my own in my living room.....not quite as powerful as in a group.

Nancy, amadeus and Hidden In Him like this.
  9. brakelite

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    God does not need you to feel emotionally 'caught up' or even aware of His presence at all for your worship to be acceptable: I would even suggest that when at times you feel abandoned... Forgotten... Persecuted... Downtrodden... Perplexed... Weary... And at the point of despair.... And you worship anyway, that is where God actually wants to lead us.
    Though he slay me, yet will I trust him.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    amadeus, Heart2Soul and bbyrd009 like this.
  10. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    ^ty
    go with the one not made by humans imo
    mmm-hmm

11. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I worship and pray under my breath all the time. Marveling at who God is and thanking him for what he has done for me. In many cases, Church distracts from worship when they set aside time for it and make a routine out of it.

12. Willie T

Willie T Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

Heart2Soul and Hidden In Him like this.
  13. Hidden In Him

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hey, the ones made by human hands weren't bad. :)
    I've felt the presence of God in congregations! Especially when I first got saved, before I was ever involved in worship.
    You've never felt God's presence during worship?

Heart2Soul likes this.
  14. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I love this song!

Dave L likes this.
  15. Heart2Soul

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I believe they refer to this as the "sacrifice of praise". This is hard to do in the flesh/carnal mind...I have not been so faithful to do this in the past but I am growing in that area.

16. brakelite

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Yes, it isn't easy. It does not come naturally that we celebrate and give thanks in a time of crisis. The apostles recommended it though. James 1:2; 1Peter1:7 and Psalm 43:5; 27:6... And many more.

Heart2Soul likes this.
  17. brakelite

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Worshipping despite circumstances us similar to loving the unlovable . It takes a deliberate choice to do so. Though the feelings of love our praise are not there, loving anyway, worshipping anyway, is a reflection of the character of God in the soul.
    "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us".
    Trusting in the character of God despite our current circumstances... Believing in His care and trusting in His faithfulness, regardless of all the evidence to the contrary, is true worship.

Heart2Soul and bbyrd009 like this.
  18. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    ha so you say anyway. no doubt they are well-intended
    we have different definitions for these terms that would render my reply irrelevant, but i can say that i have felt presences during love feasts, yes, but i would not be interested in labelling them without more evidence. Worship to me is a diff thing, and fwiw "when i first got saved, but before i got involved in worship" explains why

Heart2Soul likes this.
  19. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    "I do get into it on my own in my living room".....not quite as powerful as in a group." Me too, in my livingroom...almost daily! lol. And I do agree, not the same as within a group of like spirited followers of Christ ♥

Heart2Soul likes this.