Ghosts and Mediums

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Used to be a big fan of the paranormal shows until I realized they were demonic. So I steer really far away from that stuff BUT I had an experience I can't shake off.

The Bible mentions ghosts at least twice that I can think of. 1 Samuel 28 and Luke 24:39.

As a kid, probably 6-7, I lived in a two story building. The top level had a couple empty apartments. One was open so I went in the living room and sat down on the floor with some dolls and play by myself.

Even though the apartment was empty, I felt like there were two people watching me and it gave me the creeps enough to run out of there.

2-3 years ago, about 25+ years after that, my mom called me to let me know she found out that the people that lived there before us had passed away. The husband took his life by carbon monoxide poisoning and his wife was somehow unintentionally taken with him.

Perhaps it was just a demonic thing. I still don't know if I believe in ghosts just walking around for the sake of it, but if it was, would that be considered acting as a medium according to the Bible?

Because it doesn't make any sense that something like that would just HAPPEN and now you're guilty.

(Still skeptical of that kind of stuff but also can't say that didn't happen.)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had an experience with ghosts myself and I don't think that they were demonic and for the record I love Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures. :D (Especially around Halloween.) @historyb can tell you about ghosts as well.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading my Bible late one night at my job. I was sitting on a rotating swivel chair at a round wooden table, leaning on the table holding the Bible in my two hands as I read it. Suddenly there was a jolt that jarred the table. Then I looked up at the swivel chair directly on the opposite side of the table and I saw it rotate slowly, as if someone was sitting there and abruptly got up.

I nearly quit my job over this encounter with the spiritual.

I wrestled with this happening for days after it happened; wondering if it was good or evil.

I found comfort in scriptures like this:

Acts 16:25-26
And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My auntie used to live in old converted farm cottages. Sometimes her dog's hackles would rise and she'd stare at something we couldn't see, and also we used to smell a fragrance like somebody was running a bath with scented bubble-bath.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember my mom and I were sitting in that same house and for some reason my coloring pencils like lifted up and danced around for a few seconds and then fell back down, BUT there was also a lot of things involving witchcraft at the time so I still think it was related to that. She remembers it, I remember it, but I don't remember having had seen anything like that again my adult life.

Except one time when a can was sliding around the counter on its own.
But it had slight amounts of water under it that made it like a one cool hydroplaning can.
Made me feel really stupid :D:D:p

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had an experience with ghosts myself and I don't think that they were demonic and for the record I love Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures. :D (Especially around Halloween.) @historyb can tell you about ghosts as well.

My favorite was Ghost Hunters. It's sad they broke up and they tried to have their own shows separately but it is not the same.

I was in my college's theater talking to a friend and we both saw a ghost walk over the old cat walks. These cat walks are not used anymore and have no access. A student fell to his death in the 60's and still haunts the cat walks. I was so stoked to see a ghost, now I want to see an alien or ufo :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Used to be a big fan of the paranormal shows until I realized they were demonic. So I steer really far away from that stuff BUT I had an experience I can't shake off.

The Bible mentions ghosts at least twice that I can think of. 1 Samuel 28 and Luke 24:39.

As a kid, probably 6-7, I lived in a two story building. The top level had a couple empty apartments. One was open so I went in the living room and sat down on the floor with some dolls and play by myself.

Even though the apartment was empty, I felt like there were two people watching me and it gave me the creeps enough to run out of there.

2-3 years ago, about 25+ years after that, my mom called me to let me know she found out that the people that lived there before us had passed away. The husband took his life by carbon monoxide poisoning and his wife was somehow unintentionally taken with him.

Perhaps it was just a demonic thing. I still don't know if I believe in ghosts just walking around for the sake of it, but if it was, would that be considered acting as a medium according to the Bible?

Because it doesn't make any sense that something like that would just HAPPEN and now you're guilty.

(Still skeptical of that kind of stuff but also can't say that didn't happen.)
Have nothing to do with the paranormal of this nature...in fact flee from it....it is demonic. Ask God for protection and understanding re this.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have nothing to do with the paranormal of this nature...in fact flee from it....it is demonic. Ask God for protection and understanding re this.
That's my thought, too.

I wouldn't want to try to contact/interact with the dead. Being a medium is such a horrible sin that at one time it was punishable by death.

Fortunately, it was when I was a kid and never dealt with something like that again, but I also know that "impressions" can be demonic. For some reason it was on my mind today.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's my thought, too.

I wouldn't want to try to contact/interact with the dead. Being a medium is such a horrible sin that at one time it was punishable by death.

Fortunately, it was when I was a kid and never dealt with something like that again, but I also know that "impressions" can be demonic. For some reason it was on my mind today.
Grooming is how the paranormal works....the tentacles go out in seemingly harmless and even fun ways seeking permission. It is a trap that human curiosity doesn't want to resist unless one is aware of its source.