Giants In Those Days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. Genesis 6:4Were there really giants in those days?Storys of giants in our past.... see link (click side bar for different stories from different places) http://www.stevequayle.com/Giants/index2.html

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hidden Proofs Of A Giant RaceAs you read this series of extracts, try to visualize the proverbial series of contemporary evolution...something is amiss.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------1. Large bones in stone graves in Williamson County and White County, Tennessee. Discovered in the early 1800s, the average stature of these giants was 7 feet tall.2. Giant skeletons found in the mid-1800s in New York state near Rutland and Rodman.3. In 1833, soldiers digging at Lompock Rancho, California, discovered a male skeleton 12 feet tall. The skeleton was surrounded by caved shells, stone axes, other artifacts. The skeleton had double rows of upper and lower teeth. Unfortunately, this body was secretly buried because the local Indians became upset about the remains.4. A giant skull and vertebrae found in Wisconsin and Kansas City.5. A giant found off the California Coast on Santa Rosa Island in the 1800s was distinguished by its double rows of teeth.6. A 9-foot, 8-inch skeleton was excavated from a mount near Brewersville, Indiana, in 1879.7. Skeletons of "enormous dimensions" were found in mounds near Zanesville, Ohio, and Warren, Minnesota, in the 1880s.8. In Clearwater Minnesota, the skeletons of seven giants were found in mounds. These had receding foreheads and complete double dentition.9. At LeCrescent, Minnesota, mounds were found to contain giant bones. Five miles north near Dresbach, the bones of people over 8 feet tall were found.10. In 1888 seven skeletons ranging from seven to 8 feet tall were discovered.11. Near Toledo, Ohio, 20 skeletons were discovered with jaws and teeth "twice as large as those of present day people." The account also noted that odd hieroglyphics were found with the bodies.12. Miners in Lovelock Cave, California, discovered a very tall, red-haired mummy In 191113. This mummy eventually went to a fraternal lodge where it was used for "initiation purposes."14. In 1931, skeletons from 8 1-2 to 10 feet long were found in the Humbolt lake bed in California.15. In 1932, Ellis Wright found human tracks in the gypsum rock at White Sands, New Mexico. His discovery was later backed up by Fred Arthur, Supervisor of the Lincoln National Park and others who reported that each footprint was 22 inches long and from 8 to 10 inches wide. They were certain the prints were human in origin due to the outline of the perfect prints coupled with a readily apparent instep.16. During World War II, author Ivan T. Sanderson tells of how his crew was bulldozing through sedimentary rock when it stumbled upon what appeared to be a graveyard. In it were crania that measured from 22 to 24 inches from base to crown nearly three times as large as an adult human skull. Had the creatures to whom these skulls belonged been properly proportioned, they undoubtedly would have been at least 12 feet tall or taller.17. In 1947 a local newspaper reported the discovery of nine-foot-tall skeletons by amateur archeologists working in Death Valley.18. The archeologists involved also claimed to have found what appeared to be the bones of tigers and dinosaurs with the human remains.19. The Catalina Islands, off California, are the home of dwarf mammoth bones that were once roasted in ancient fire pits. These were roasted and eaten by human-like creatures who were giants with double rows of teeth.20. One of the latest accounts of a race of giants that occupied Europe comes from the middle ages and involves a surprising figure: Saint Christopher. While modern stories of St. Christopher simply make him out as an ordinary man, or perhaps a somewhat homely man, those who actually saw him had a different story. According to his peers, he was a giant, belonging to a tribe of dog-headed, cannibalistic giants. Jacques de Voragine in The Golden Legend wrote of St. Christopher:"He was of gigantic stature, had a terrifying mien, was twelve coudees tall.” 21. A coudee is an antique measurement equal to or larger than the English linear measurement of a foot. According to this ancient account, St. Christopher stood from 12 to 18 feet tall (a fact that has become hidden in or even erased from church history).22. While Western icons don't picture St. Christopher as contemporary accounts described him, those of the Eastern churches do. Often the suggestion is seen in historic accounts that St. Christopher was the product of a tryst between a human being and an Anubis (a demon-like creature based on the Greek Anoubis, which came from the Egyptians jackal-headed god who was believed to lead the dead to judgment)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------1. In other words, according to the contemporary accounts of his day, St. Christopher was the product of a spiritual being who mated with a human woman. And once again the result of this union was a creature that matches the descriptions of the Nephilim.GENESIS 6:4There were GIANTS in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the SONS OF GOD (Fallen Angels) came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.http://www.stevequayle.com/Giants/N.Am/hid...giant.race.html

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Although its a 2 minutes and 40 seconds video. I say those giants (Nephilim) are huge. It's interesting to watch something that those giants existed in Bible Times.
smile.gif
Lovest ye in Christ Jesus (Yahushua) our Lord and Saviour.
smile.gif

RND

May 30, 2007
I think it's interesting how the word "Nephilim" is found no where in the original Hebrew.Just add the 3 w's to this link: .eliyah.com/cgi-bin/strongs.cgi?file=hebrewlexicon&isindex=Nephilim

RND

May 30, 2007
I think it is also telling, and quite interesting to note what the actual word nephiyl (nef-eel'), Strong's number 5303, properly means a feller, i.e. a bully or a tyrant:-giant.When examined in it's true light we see the words in the Bible are in harmony with the realities of the time in which they were written.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is, of course, ignoring the prime root of Nephilim. Which, by the way, you're incorrect on the link you used above by saying it doesn't exist. I merely choose this spelling because it fits our language best. As you know, Hebrew doesn't have vowels. Rest assured that it's there. I have a copy of the Massorah manuscripts courtesy Green's Interlinear. You merely add im to make something plural in the Hebrew.http://www.eliyah.com/cgi-bin/strongs.cgi?...on&isindex=5303 5303 nphiyl nef-eel' or nphil {nef-eel'}; from [url="http://www.eliyah.com/cgi-bin/strongs.cgi?file=hebrewlexicon&isindex=5307]5307[/url]; properly, a feller, i.e. a bully or tyrant:--giant. 5307 naphal naw-fal' a primitive root; to fall, in a great variety of applications (intransitive or causative, literal or figurative):--be accepted, cast (down, self, (lots), out), cease, die, divide (by lot), (let) fail, (cause to, let, make, ready to) fall (away, down, -en, -ing), fell(-ing), fugitive, have (inheritance), inferior, be judged (by mistake for [url="http://www.eliyah.com/cgi-bin/strongs.cgi?file=hebrewlexicon&isindex=6419]6419[/url]), lay (along), (cause to) lie down, light (down), be (X hast) lost, lying, overthrow, overwhelm, perish, present(-ed, -ing), (make to) rot, slay, smite out, X surely, throw down.They fell from somewhere.Jude 1:6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

RND

May 30, 2007
(Denver;11153)
They fell from somewhere.
Indeed. Grace.There was a war in Heaven. Revelation 12:7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.Looks like they 'lost' their 'first estate.'

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
First, that video had some obvious fabrications. If you know anything at all about video editing or have spent time with those who do you would be able to see it. Why are all of the findings in the 18 hundreds? Shouldn't we find more in more recent times? Think about it.Now, concerning the 'Nephilim', Denver was absolutely correct.Furthermore, the Scriptures are made clear by the both the Jewish word and it's use and incorporation in other Jewish Literature. For example, Dead Sea Scroll [4Q203,1Q23,2Q26,4Q530-532,6Q8]. Now, these giants are described in Jewish literature to be 450 feet high. They are the offspring of Shemihaza and his 200 angels. Study of the term and the concept within Judaism before the birth of Christianity, and after it, show clearly what it was. Let us be mindful not to mutilate the scriptures to fit a more "acceptable" interpretation*.*This description of Eisegesis includes the position that it refers to Seth's sons. ~Shalom Elechem

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I'm not clear on what you are exactly arguing Tetra It is obvious to anyone the vidio is different clips put together I dont think even the creators would argue that point. But what are you saying about Nephilium? and their offspring(giants). That they did or didn't exist?

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
(kriss;11367)
I'm not clear on what you are exactly arguing Tetra It is obvious to anyone the vidio is different clips put together I dont think even the creators would argue that point. But what are you saying about Nephilium? and their offspring(giants). That they did or didn't exist?
I believe they existed, in a sense. My personal belief thus far is that they were people who were bigger than the Jews, and thus the Jews separated them from the rest of mankind. A mythology grew surrounding these people in latter Jewish literature {such as the exaggeration of the height}. They are the same Giants who scared Israel from going into the Holy Land.As for the theology of the Nephilim inception, or what they actually were and are in scripture... I do not know. It requires certainly more study.My point about that video though is that those skeletons are photoshoped in, and they aren't part of the original picture. They aren't enhanced, just photoshoped on. ie, it's an elaborate hoax, of which we as Christians should be utterly ashamed.