GIFTS OF GOD - NO ONE HAS ALL OF THEM

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
No one has them all, the only one required of the believer is the Holy Ghost for that one is the gift of eternal life. Any other gift is a blessing and should not be used as a weapon.

Spiritual Gifts
1Co 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
1Co 12:2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Co 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
1Co 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
1Co 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
1Co 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
1Co 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
1Co 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

Within the body of Christ one should know who has a particular gift, for it will be used for the edification God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP.
Not saying that you're right or wrong, but consider this, the apostle had them all, or most of tghen. and probly many other also, but we just haven't had it recorde where as we may read about it.

Lets see,
#1. 1Co 12:8 "For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit". this is the pastoral gift, or the ministry gifts. scripture, 1 Corinthians 13:1 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1 Corinthians 13:2 "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing".
a word of "Wisdon" is understanding", Proverbs 1:2 "To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding". and as said the pastoral gift in verse 8 is found in, Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding".

#2. 1Co 12:9 "To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit". FAITH: again, 1 Corinthians 13:2 "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing". HEALING: Acts 20:9 "And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead.
Acts 20:10 "And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him.

#3. 1Co 12:10 "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues". MIRACLES: Acts 15:11 "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
Acts 15:12 "Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them". DIVERS TONGUES: again, 1 Corinthians 13:1 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal". here tongues is plural.
PROPHECY: again, 1 Corinthians 13:2 "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing".
DISCERING of spirits, most if not all have this, test the spirit by the spirit. Acts 16:16 "And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
Acts 16:17 "The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
Acts 16:18 "And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
THE INTERPRETATION OF TONGUES: 1 Corinthians 14:26 "How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
1 Corinthians 14:27 "If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
1 Corinthians 14:28 "But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
1 Corinthians 14:29 "Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
1 Corinthians 14:30 "If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
1 Corinthians 14:31 "For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
1 Corinthians 14:32 "And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
1 Corinthians 14:33 "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

and Paul was a prophet.

so if not all most of them.

PICJAG.