Gifts of the Spirit as Body Parts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostle begins first Corinthians chapter twelve with these words:
"Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters,
I do not want you to be uninformed." - 1 Corinthians 12:1

Yet some, not understanding that the Body of Christ is made up of many parts,
would toss out gifts (body parts) as if to make the church an amputee.

1 Corinthians 12:11-18 NIV
All these are the work of one and the same Spirit,
and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.
12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts,
but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.
13 For we were all baptized by[a] one Spirit so as to form one body—
whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.
14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.
15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,”
it would not for that reason stop being part of the body.
16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,”
17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be?
If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be?
18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body,
every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.

1 Corinthians 12:27-31 NIV
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
28 And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers,
then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?
30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues[a]? Do all interpret?
31 Now eagerly desire the greater gifts. ...

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostle begins first Corinthians chapter twelve with these words:
"Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters,
I do not want you to be uninformed." - 1 Corinthians 12:1

Yet some, not understanding that the Body of Christ is made up of many parts,
would toss out gifts (body parts) as if to make the church an amputee.

1 Corinthians 12:11-18 NIV
All these are the work of one and the same Spirit,
and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.
12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts,
but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.
13 For we were all baptized by[a] one Spirit so as to form one body—
whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.
14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.
15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,”
16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,”
17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be?
If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be?
18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body,
every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.

28 And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers,
then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues.
Yes, since we follow one Christ, we should all work together to his end. As we examine how all the parts of a body work together, in accordance with a single person and a single mind, so all Christians should be functioning by one Spirit in cooperation with one another, and not in opposition to one another. Such carnal attitudes like envy and jealousy need to be expunged from our minds, allowing the mind of Christ to dominate in our hearts and minds.

None of this means we have to all belong to and participate in a single religious organization. It's just that wherever we meet another Christian there should be agreement and comradery on the fundamental truth of our submission to the lordship of Christ. We are not perfect, and will have disagreements. But the spirit of love should dominate if we really understand how to check in our carnal ways at the door to Christian living.

This is part of maturing and overcoming. When our spirituality regularly dominates and overcomes our tendency towards carnal behaviors, we will have approached maturity and reliable Christian living. Our testimony will be damaged if we fall into division with other Christians regularly, and fail to overcome our tendency towards criticism and judgmentalism.

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great thread @St. SteVen

I believe that the Kingdom of God Within refers to human anatomy. Scripture teaches that we are to seek the Kingdom of God first...

Matthew 6:33
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

I have found that by interpreting Scripture through the lens of the Kingdom of God Within, extra layers of Wisdom are revealed.

Example: Throne Room
  • The Throne in chapter 4 of the Book of Revelation represents a Heart.
  • The Twenty-Four Elders represent the Ribs surrounding the Heart.
  • The Slain Lamb represents the Blood that pumps through the Heart
  • The Seven Spirits represent the Breath and Lungs
  • The Four Beast represent the Four Chambers of the Heart
Here is a graphic I made to illustrate what I mean...

1 Abraham.png
Here is a video going into more detail...

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, since we follow one Christ, we should all work together to his end. As we examine how all the parts of a body work together, in accordance with a single person and a single mind, so all Christians should be functioning by one Spirit in cooperation with one another, and not in opposition to one another. Such carnal attitudes like envy and jealousy need to be expunged from our minds, allowing the mind of Christ to dominate in our hearts and minds.
I agree. Good post, thanks.

Why do you think this concept of a body with parts is introduced in the middle of the chapter on
spiritual gifts and is followed by this passage? (which includes the "giftings" offices and miracle gifts)

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the Kingdom of God Within refers to human anatomy.
Wow. An amazing post. Thanks!
Did you create the illustration in the graphic you made?
That's really some great work. The whole graphic.

This is a whole new concept for me. I'll have to let it sink in.
I'll ask you the same question as Randy.

Why do you think this concept of a body with parts is introduced in the middle of the chapter on
spiritual gifts and is followed by this passage? (which includes the "giftings" offices and miracle gifts)

Reactions: QuantumBit

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. An amazing post. Thanks!

Thanks. :blush:

Did you create the illustration in the graphic you made?
That's really some great work. The whole graphic.

Yes, I created it myself. Glad you like it.

This is a whole new concept for me. I'll have to let it sink in.

When I saw Pastor Mike Hoggard's video many years ago, I absolutely fell in love with the ideas he presented. It has revolutionized the way I view the Bible now.

I'll ask you the same question as Randy.

Body parts ultimately come from DNA and the Genome (Genetic Code) we are born with. DNA is like a Prophecy in that it foretells what the future person is going to look like and what gifts they will have.

I believe that this verse...

John 1:14
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

... is literally teaching about DNA long before it was discovered. And thus, it is in the above context that I will interpret your verses.

We are the Body of Christ in the sense that each one of us is like a Nucleobase, or perhaps a string of Genetic Code that forms the DNA of the Body of Christ.

Think of the Living Stones. Personally, I believe that Stones in the Bible are symbolic of Seed, i.e., DNA. For example, the White Stone is symbolic of the Seed of Abraham by which the Saved will be 'grafted' or 'Gene Spliced' into. The Seed of Abraham is symbolic of the Genetic Template that will create the Glorified Body.

Therefore, Living Stones are like the letters of DNA (Adenine, Guanine, Cytosine, Thymine). Or perhaps they are representative of Amino Acids. Something like that. Think of Jacob's Ladder and the pillow of stones he created. The Ladder represents the DNA of the Blood of Christ.

Here is another example...

1 Peter 2:5
"Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ."

We are as Nucleobases and Genetic Sequences that build the Body Temple. I hope some of this is making sense. I can go into more detail if you would like.

Having said that, I would postulate that it is our very Genetics that differentiate the 'gifts' each one of us have. Some are born with amazing DNA that allows them to be incredibly smart and talented. Most Pastors are very good at public speaking. As for me, I am terrible at it... lol. I blame it on my Genetics, but that is just my opinion.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great thread @St. SteVen

I believe that the Kingdom of God Within refers to human anatomy. Scripture teaches that we are to seek the Kingdom of God first...
Interesting. Many years ago I read an author by the name of Maureen Gaglardi, a Canadian pastor, who used symbolism to express truths like this. She wrote on the high priestly garments and on the tabernacle to produce a symbolism that explained various movements in history.

I also tried to align the tabernacle with a human body, representing Christ. My perspective was somewhat different from Gaglardi's but based on the same kind of symbolic interpretation. Gaglardi saw the tabernacle and high priestly garments as progressive and symbolic of the modern reformation movements from the Protestant Reformation to the present Pentecostal Movement.

I, by contrast, view the tabernacle as representative of Christ's body, showing the rise of Christianity from OT to NT. I see the feet and legs as OT era, in which Israel was justified and sanctified by temporary legal means. The main body would align with the Holy Place, representing the 2000 years of NT history, roughly. The head aligns with the Holy of Holies, the Millennial Age.

Jesus did say he was a kind of temple. So laying a man flat on his back as if where the tabernacle was located, one can see the feet just above the burnt alter at the laver, where one washes the feet. The legs are outside of the tabernacle in the courtyard, representing human works of the Law designed to journey towards Christ and Christian justification.

At the main trunk the body enters the door of the tabernacle, leaving the human contaminants outside of the rooms. Inside the holy place is the light stand, the table of bread, and the altar of incense, representing the heart, the stomach, and the arms, the good works of grace. Finally, the head would rest inside of the Holy of Holies, indicated by the ark. It's somewhat subjective, but interesting nonetheless.

Gaglardi saw in the tabernacle progression indication of the historical progression of various moves of the Spirit. The burnt altar seems associated with the Justification by Faith movement. The laver seems associated with the Sanctification movement. And the Holy Place seems associated with the Spirit Baptism movement. The Holy of Holies may identify with a future Millennium.

Don't know how legitimate this kind of symbolic interpretation is, but we do see it used in Dan 2, where the great image in Nebuchadnezzar's Dream presented a body that progressed from one part of the body to another, identifying with different historical empires.

Oddly, Dan 2 presents the body from head to feet in a deterioration of pagan imperialism, seemingly becoming stronger with the increase of sin and rebellion. The indication in Gaglardi's ideas is that Christian reform moves forward from feet to head, from the 1st Coming of Christ to the 2nd Coming, from the Cross to Glory. The man flat on his back, located where the tabernacle was, has him as if he is nailed to a cross, and prepared to enter into his glory.
FYI and interest.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having said that, I would postulate that it is our very Genetics that differentiate the 'gifts' each one of us have. Some are born with amazing DNA that allows them to be incredibly smart and talented. Most Pastors are very good at public speaking. As for me, I am terrible at it... lol. I blame it on my Genetics, but that is just my opinion.
That's interesting, thanks.

Something to consider.
Perhaps the spiritual rebirth gives us some form of spiritual "DNA". ???
The gifts are actually manifestations of the Holy Spirit working through our physical bodies.
Therefore, not as likely to be "natural" (genetic traits, or) abilities. Though in some cases... not sure.

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't know how legitimate this kind of symbolic interpretation is, but we do see it used in Dan 2, where the great image in Nebuchadnezzar's Dream presented a body that progressed from one part of the body to another, identifying with different historical empires.

I believe you are on to something there. It is almost as if the symbolism shows that Gene Pool of the Human Race gets worse over time and from generation to generation. This would fit the Biblical theme of Humans living longer in the past, indicating that their Genetics were less 'corrupted'.

As far as the Tabernacles and Temples representing the Body, I have done research in this area as well. In the video I posted earlier, Pastor Hoggard demonstrates how the Temples and Tabernacles are representative of Eukaryotic (Animal) Cells. The Pastor said he got the idea from a Doctor.

Back then, when the video was made, there was very little information as to all of the specific details. So, I took it upon myself to study Cell Biology and the various Temples in the Bible to see if I could match things up. To my surprise, the relationships were so spot on that I concluded that it would be near impossible for it to be a random coincidence.

For example, Biologists often describe the Golgi Apparatus as looking like a stack of pita bread or pancakes. Obviously, that would be the Table of Shewbread...

BreadOfThePresence.jpg

The Candlestick represents the Power of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God as Light. That fits perfectly with the 'Powerhouse of the Cell', aka... Mitochondrial DNA.

Here is my own interpretation of the various Cell Organelles and how they compare to the Tabernacle in the Wilderness...

mhp-0707.png

mhp-0709.png

It may not be perfect, but I believe I am very close to having everything match up.

Now, here is where things get even more mind blowing. I kept wondering how a Biological Cell could be representative of an entire Human Body. That is when I realized that the Cell being described in the Bible is actually a Zygote, or Ovum at the moment of conception.

When we were conceived in our Mother's bellies, our entire body was literally a Single Cell Organism. That is precisely what the Tabernacles and Temple represent. Our Bodies are the Temple.

The High Priest represents the Male Seed that enters into the Most Holy Place once a year on Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) and sprinkles the Blood (Seed) in the Nucleolus of the Cell on the Ark of the Covenant. This is a picture of fertilization and conception. It is one of the most profound things I have ever learned.

On Yom Kippur, the High Priest changes garments and is representative of the Holy Ghost that acts as a type of 'Holy Genetic Engineer' to create Life.

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's interesting, thanks.

Something to consider.
Perhaps the spiritual rebirth gives us some form of spiritual "DNA". ???

That is exactly what I believe. It is supernatural somehow.

I believe that the 'Order of Melchizedek' is code for this superior DNA.

The gifts are actually manifestations of the Holy Spirit working through our physical bodies.
Therefore, not as likely to be "natural" (genetic traits, or) abilities. Though in some cases... not sure.

This will sound harsh, but I view the Bible as a book of Eugenics. Not the kind that the sick and twisted 'Powers That Be' are into, I am referring to God's version. The word the Bible uses is 'Salvation'.

What this means is that there are some who are born with more of a 'Beast Nature' than God would like. These would be the Tares for example. Tares are of a different DNA than Wheat, therefore it is destroyed in the Lake of Fire.

The Lake of Fire is all about getting rid of 'bad Genetics' so to speak.

The manifestation of the Holy Spirit would therefore have trouble working in a Body that has too much Beast or carnal Genes. Think of how so many Atheists have no clue in the world what Christians are seeing and experiencing. They are too carnal minded and will never be able to comprehend. It is like trying to tell a snake not to bite, or a shark not to attack. It is programmed in their Genetics to do what they do.

Atheists often accuse the God of Christianity of being evil by 'killing babies and people' all the time. They do not understand that is has to do with getting rid of bad Genetics. Sometimes it is done to cleanse the world of the Hybrids left over from the Flood.

Think of the Twleve Tribes and the Seed of Abraham and how God was always involved with who gets to have children or not. Science would call that a 'Selective Breeding Program'. That is what it literally was.

The Saved will have their Genomes altered. Again, Science would call that Eugenics. It is what it is.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What this means is that there are some who are born with more of a 'Beast Nature' than God would like.
Ultimately, this would be God's doing, correct?
Meaning the vast majority are genetically engineered for destruction?
That's quite a plan. With malice and forethought. ???
"Houston, we have a problem."
The manifestation of the Holy Spirit would therefore have trouble working in a Body that has too much Beast or carnal Genes.
Like you said, "This will sound harsh..."

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ultimately, this would be God's doing, correct?
Meaning the vast majority are genetically engineered for destruction?
That's quite a plan. With malice and forethought. ???
"Houston, we have a problem."

Like you said, "This will sound harsh..."

Lol. I love your train of thought. You definitely hit the nail on the head with those comments.

This verse would probably fit what you are suggesting...

Romans 9:22
"What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction"

God literally made people that were pre-ordained to be thrown into the Lake of Fire. And I agree, this is a problem. A big one.

I do have a solution; however, I often get banned for discussing it. I am not sure if I have the go-ahead on this forum.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God literally made people that were pre-ordained to be thrown into the Lake of Fire. And I agree, this is a problem. A big one.

I do have a solution; however, I often get banned for discussing it. I am not sure if I have the go-ahead on this forum.
I'll PM you, if you allow that. Otherwise you can PM me, thanks. (PM = private messaging) Check your inbox.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you are on to something there. It is almost as if the symbolism shows that Gene Pool of the Human Race gets worse over time and from generation to generation. This would fit the Biblical theme of Humans living longer in the past, indicating that their Genetics were less 'corrupted'.

As far as the Tabernacles and Temples representing the Body, I have done research in this area as well. In the video I posted earlier, Pastor Hoggard demonstrates how the Temples and Tabernacles are representative of Eukaryotic (Animal) Cells. The Pastor said he got the idea from a Doctor.

Back then, when the video was made, there was very little information as to all of the specific details. So, I took it upon myself to study Cell Biology and the various Temples in the Bible to see if I could match things up. To my surprise, the relationships were so spot on that I concluded that it would be near impossible for it to be a random coincidence.

For example, Biologists often describe the Golgi Apparatus as looking like a stack of pita bread or pancakes. Obviously, that would be the Table of Shewbread...

The Candlestick represents the Power of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God as Light. That fits perfectly with the 'Powerhouse of the Cell', aka... Mitochondrial DNA.

Here is my own interpretation of the various Cell Organelles and how they compare to the Tabernacle in the Wilderness...

It may not be perfect, but I believe I am very close to having everything match up.

Now, here is where things get even more mind blowing. I kept wondering how a Biological Cell could be representative of an entire Human Body. That is when I realized that the Cell being described in the Bible is actually a Zygote, or Ovum at the moment of conception.

When we were conceived in our Mother's bellies, our entire body was literally a Single Cell Organism. That is precisely what the Tabernacles and Temple represent. Our Bodies are the Temple.

The High Priest represents the Male Seed that enters into the Most Holy Place once a year on Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) and sprinkles the Blood (Seed) in the Nucleolus of the Cell on the Ark of the Covenant. This is a picture of fertilization and conception. It is one of the most profound things I have ever learned.

On Yom Kippur, the High Priest changes garments and is representative of the Holy Ghost that acts as a type of 'Holy Genetic Engineer' to create Life.
Amazing! Thanks for taking time to share this! All the cells in our body are, I believe, the same cell--just modified to act differently. I didn't spend much time in science, but it's quite interesting when I can see Intelligent Design in it and advance knowledge in primitive times.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whew! Thanks, that's a relief. - lol
Yes, if I say anymore I'll get myself into trouble. Here is the book I read so long ago...

Note the stages depicted by the layers of clothing. This represented for Gaglardi not just the parts of the body progressively entering into the tabernacle area, but also the stages of modern reformation in the Church.

In my view, the lower half of the body would represent the 2000 year period from Abraham to David, and from David to Christ. The upper half of the body would represent the 2000 year period from Christ to the 2nd Coming of Christ. The head would represent the 1000 year reign of Christ.

If I'm not mistaken, the holy place was a double cube, whereas the holy of holies was a single cube. 3000 years, roughly?

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, if I say anymore I'll get myself into trouble. Here is the book I read so long ago...

Note the stages depicted by the layers of clothing. This represented for Gaglardi not just the parts of the body progressively entering into the tabernacle area, but also the stages of modern reformation in the Church.

In my view, the lower half of the body would represent the 2000 year period from Abraham to David, and from David to Christ. The upper half of the body would represent the 2000 year period from Christ to the 2nd Coming of Christ. The head would represent the 1000 year reign of Christ.

If I'm not mistaken, the holy place was a double cube, whereas the holy of holies was a single cube. 3000 years, roughly?
Do you think these things were intentional, or just our observation about them?

/