Give More... Have more!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give More, Have More
double-divider-02.gif

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty”
(Proverbs 11:24)

divider-02.gif

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria
In the natural, it doesn’t make sense that you will have more if you give more. But God’s kingdom operates on the principle of sowing and reaping. This is one of the first things He established with Adam and Eve in the book of Genesis. He said, “As long as the earth remains, there will be seedtime and harvest.”

We have to realize that everything we need in this life has been given to us in seed form. We set the blessing of God into motion in our lives when we plant those seeds and give what we have. Galatians tells us that whatever we sow, we will reap. Seeds produce after their own kind. If you sow apple seeds, you reap apple trees. If you sow kindness and blessing, you reap kindness and blessing in the future. If you sow financial seeds, you’ll reap a financial harvest.

Today, no matter what you need, you have it in seed form. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you how to plant and water that seed. Trust Him because He is faithful to His Word. Know that when you give, it will come back to you in greater measure. When you give more, you have more. So sow a seed and watch what God will do!

divider-02.gif

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for Your Word which is truth that sets me free! Today, I choose to sow good seeds so I can reap a good harvest. Guide my thoughts today. Direct my path. Use me for Your glory. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen :)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"There was a man... His name called mad... The more he gave... The more he had!" - John Bunyan

I read about a Texan who decided he would give 20% to the Lord. Well the Lord blessed him so he gave 25% the next year. With increased blessings he was able to up his giving to 30% the following year. Before he died he was giving 90% to the Lord!

I read this as a young Christian and thought it was all luck. Now I have got some experience in living I can tell you that it is reality! I am thankful for his blessings in my life!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
2 Corinthians 9:6-8 (ESV)
[sup]6 [/sup]The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. [sup]7 [/sup]Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. [sup]8 [/sup]And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.

I don't give to preachers who beg for money, but I do believe in giving to the truly needy.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 9:6-8 (ESV)
[sup]6 [/sup]The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. [sup]7 [/sup]Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. [sup]8 [/sup]And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.

I don't give to preachers who beg for money, but I do believe in giving to the truly needy.

Does Joel Osteen beg for money? I don't think so.

I was brought up in the military and moved here in Virginia with a suitcase, an old beat up 69' Buick. I prayed and asked God for a job and I started out as a lead plater operator making $5.05 an hour. Last year I gave over $12,000 to ministry on over $90,000 income and have a nice home and am debt free. In which I give God all the praise. Not bad for a guy with no university degree!

"When a man dies he should have enough to bury himself with and a few pence for his friends." - John Wesley

It is my sincere desire that I die like that guy in Texas, giving away 90% of my income to charity. And if I have a prayer for this generation preacher is that they realize that you don't have to own it to enjoy it! It comes a time in life to shed the excesses and give back to Jesus what he has so generously intrusted us with.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl5FW3mKsyI

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I didn't mean to imply that he does. I don't watch him.

There was a time when the Joel Osteen teaching done me a lot of good. I don't watch him that much anymore either. Come to think about it my TV is not on a whole lot these days. I do listen and support the Bible Broadcasting Network though.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I do listen and support the Bible Broadcasting Network though.
I'm not familiar with that one. I used to listen to shortwave broadcasts, mostly out of curiosity. English shortwave broadcasts are nearly dead now with the internet taking over.