Give To Live

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most believers think God gives to give. I know I had that mentality for some years. I also believe that our father does give to give at times, why? Because we simply belong to him.
As a good father he gives to his children, at the same time he knows what is best for his child.
Use yourself as a reference, don't you like to do things for your children just because their your's and you want to do it.
I have a daughter we were helping and the situation was not getting any better. In time we had to let her live under a bridge for quite some time with other homeless people.
Today that dauther has turned her life around and having success in the work world.

I'm saying that because your Father knows what you need. Most of the time he gives to live. He is not Santa, most are finding that out. You want correction, you want your father to give you what you need not what you want.
What is needed is revelation, when you're father gives to you what you need, it will be revelation. Revelation brings life, it is the Father's work to bring revelation to his children, it is meat, it is your very sustenance to keep you alive. Have you ever been in a so called dead church or around Christians that need buried because their dead.
There is no revelation, revelation is the children's life blood because what the father reveals or I should say who the father reveals is life, it is Christ in you and he is your only life.

Everything declares him, he is the consummation of all things, nucleus of all things, creation brings out his wonders, and everything can be summed up in one statement "Christ in you the hope of glory."

Every word in the bible is trying to describe to those that have an ear, it is him, there is no other, look no further than what your Father has done, it is finished.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Most believers think God gives to give. I know I had that mentality for some years. I also believe that our father does give to give at times, why? Because we simply belong to him.
As a good father he gives to his children, at the same time he knows what is best for his child.
Use yourself as a reference, don't you like to do things for your children just because their your's and you want to do it.
I have a daughter we were helping and the situation was not getting any better. In time we had to let her live under a bridge for quite some time with other homeless people.
Today that dauther has turned her life around and having success in the work world.

I'm saying that because your Father knows what you need. Most of the time he gives to live. He is not Santa, most are finding that out. You want correction, you want your father to give you what you need not what you want.
What is needed is revelation, when you're father gives to you what you need, it will be revelation. Revelation brings life, it is the Father's work to bring revelation to his children, it is meat, it is your very sustenance to keep you alive. Have you ever been in a so called dead church or around Christians that need buried because their dead.
There is no revelation, revelation is the children's life blood because what the father reveals or I should say who the father reveals is life, it is Christ in you and he is your only life.

Everything declares him, he is the consummation of all things, nucleus of all things, creation brings out his wonders, and everything can be summed up in one statement "Christ in you the hope of glory."

Every word in the bible is trying to describe to those that have an ear, it is him, there is no other, look no further than what your Father has done, it is finished.
I reckon in terms of the giving character of God, it centres around John 3.16 and 2 Corinthians 9.15.

Great to know about your daughter's progress...

Reactions: soul man

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Most believers think God gives to give

Not sure what you mean by this?

God is lavish in his generousity towards us. Look at the variety in creation, we don't have a tree, bush, flower, grass etc but a superabundance of different trees, bushes, flowers, grasses and plants.

This same generousity is seen in his slowness to condemn and in his willingness to forgive us our many failings.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reckon in terms of the giving character of God, it centres around John 3.16 and 2 Corinthians 9.15.

Great to know about your daughter's progress...

God is a giver, he gives imo when we may not even deserve to recieve. He see's things different than we do, but a good way to look at giving is from the standpoint "we have his nature now" and we see what we do. Most Christians have big hearts, when they see a need they try their best to address it.
The post is more in the realm of our father giving revelation to his children, not just things. We need things, but as King David said "I desire you, more than my necessary food."
Another note, thanks for asking about dauther. She was a handful but had to let her learn and grow up. My first dauther for the most part stayed level headed.
They both know the message of grace and their kids are growing up to learn the same thing. No law logs to try to keep them from mistakes, I sit and watch and think "where did they learn how to handle their kids" I'm amazed by it. It wasn't from me, it is something only the father can teach, or we can say the wisdom of the lord :) proud pops

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
God is a giver, he gives imo when we may not even deserve to recieve. He see's things different than we do, but a good way to look at giving is from the standpoint "we have his nature now" and we see what we do. Most Christians have big hearts, when they see a need they try their best to address it.
The post is more in the realm of our father giving revelation to his children, not just things. We need things, but as King David said "I desire you, more than my necessary food."
Another note, thanks for asking about dauther. She was a handful but had to let her learn and grow up. My first dauther for the most part stayed level headed.
They both know the message of grace and their kids are growing up to learn the same thing. No law logs to try to keep them from mistakes, I sit and watch and think "where did they learn how to handle their kids" I'm amazed by it. It wasn't from me, it is something only the father can teach, or we can say the wisdom of the lord :) proud pops
Keep praying - I'm sure you do...!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In my own experience throughout the years, I found that after praying fervently to become a good steward of GOD'S money and other "things". He has blessed me so abundantly as my desire IS to bless others as He directs so, I do not believe we are blessed of Him in that way to keep it to ourselves...He, as you say already knows what we need but, He also wants us to ask Him for these things in prayer...He is an awesome provider :)

Reactions: soul man and Dave L

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

"Blessed be God our God,
Who gave for us His well-beloved Son,
The gift of gifts, all other gifts in one,
Blessed be God, our God." (H. Bonar)

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my own experience throughout the years, I found that after praying fervently to become a good steward of GOD'S money and other "things". He has blessed me so abundantly as my desire IS to bless others as He directs so, I do not believe we are blessed of Him in that way to keep it to ourselves...He, as you say already knows what we need but, He also wants us to ask Him for these things in prayer...He is an awesome provider :)

Yes seems some are channels for the lord to give through. As in our creation, there are those that just seem to be naturally gifted in giving, and some not as much, but in their defence it is not in their dna so to speak to do so. They have their gifts and talents in other areas. We all recieve the special touch from God for gifts and talents.

Reactions: Nancy

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what you mean by this?

God is lavish in his generousity towards us. Look at the variety in creation, we don't have a tree, bush, flower, grass etc but a superabundance of different trees, bushes, flowers, grasses and plants.

This same generousity is seen in his slowness to condemn and in his willingness to forgive us our many failings.

I would agree with that, God is abundant in giving to us. He is a very gracious father, the depth of his giving is revelation. We get revelation to keep us alive (spiritually speaking), "the revelation of Christ our life" Gal. 1:11-12, and only comes in the father's time. It doesn't come by prayer, fasting, or even reading your bible, it comes in the father's time, Gal. 4:1-2

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would agree with that, God is abundant in giving to us. He is a very gracious father, the depth of his giving is revelation. We get revelation to keep us alive (spiritually speaking), "the revelation of Christ our life" Gal. 1:11-12, and only comes in the father's time. It doesn't come by prayer, fasting, or even reading your bible, it comes in the father's time, Gal. 4:1-2
"Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift." (2 Corinthians 9.15).