Giving Thanks

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We express thanks to God for his goodness and mercy to us. Giving thanks is an expression of our gratitude by verbal expression or in prayer.

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Ephesians 5:20

Another way to offer thanks is to glorify God by our actions and behaviour; by knowing and doing his will.

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Colossians 3:17

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We express thanks to God for his goodness and mercy to us. Giving thanks is an expression of our gratitude by verbal expression or in prayer.

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Ephesians 5:20

Another way to offer thanks is to glorify God by our actions and behaviour; by knowing and doing his will.

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Colossians 3:17

Giving thanks to the Lord right now for this thread, Doug!:)
Giving thanks in and for all things with a grateful heart has not been easy. But, like forgiveness, I did it out of the sheer obedience of faith to His will, knowing that God hates grumbling and complaining, and I wanted to please Him!

Philippians 4:6 - Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Coming before Him and thanking Him for His mercies that are new every morning and His faithfulness is how most start the day, in praise and worship, but when my will is crossed, or there is suffering or truth I have to face, then by His grace I thank Him because I know He means it for my good.

And we know that all things work together for good, to those who love God, to those who are the called, according to His purpose. Ro 8:28

Rev 4:10 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen