Gluten Free Diet?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone in a position where they must do a gluten free diet? I have a good friend who has to do one because of a medical condition and I am seeing how difficult it is when it takes away so many typical cheap, convenient, and quick foods!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is a fad. Necessary only for medical conditions, it actually robs the body of a nutrient that we have been consuming for thousands of years. As far as convence foods - the gluten is probably the healthiest part.

I am having to cut back on carbs like crazy and it is hard on my body - we are definitely supposed to eat grains and we are used to including wheat in our diet.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read somewhere, that gluten only has a serious adverse effect on about 1% of the population. Everyone else, well it just gives you gas...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the stress of worrying about cancer is certainly a factor in the development of cancer :)

Reactions: Born_Again

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
HammerStone said:
Anyone in a position where they must do a gluten free diet? I have a good friend who has to do one because of a medical condition and I am seeing how difficult it is when it takes away so many typical cheap, convenient, and quick foods!
Alright here is the skinny on gluten and cheap food...

Yes it takes away many of those convenience foods, which is very very very good. Convenience foods are not nutritionally dense and so should be avoided.

As for the gluten for the sufferers of illness that restrict or limit it, there are many foods they can have that are as cheap if not cheaper than what they eat now. Just not as many things that are "quick".

Now if they take a day off, like Sunday, they can make a lot of food s for their week and simply have them on hand to quickly heat and eat, if the food requires heating.

Takes planning and effort. There are also many take away foods that are gluten free if they look a little bit.

There are many online resources.

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
my step father and someone else i briefly knew year ago has a disease [sounds like sediac/seliac?] where he can't grains/etc and is on gluten free. At least they do cater abit for them with gluten free labeled foods.

i know how difficult it has been for me needing/wanting a fluoridation-free and sprays-free and added-sugar-/-salt-free diet. It cuts out so many foods , not just junk/take-away/convenience food but even food that would otherwise be perfectly good food if they didn't purposely wreck it by putting the sugar/etc in it. Eg wheat-bix would be fine if they didn't put (all that) sugar in it. Cheese is fine but they put so much salt in it. Rice wafers (gluten free) are good but there is fluoridated water and soy in them.

re carbs it is true that (esp processed) carbs play part in teeth decay and in heart disease/blood pressure, though oral cleanilness and exercise help.

cancer may perhaps be connected with fluoridation, sprays, irradiated food, microwaves, radiation (tv), nuclear (fukushima), etc.

it is true and somewhat understandible that these days people like/prefer quick and easy.

(see https://seventynations.wordpress.com/2015/06/11/health/and http://historum.com/blogs/rob+banks/30958-water-fluoridation-facts.html)

However,
balance in everything.
in this order spiritual, social, material.
"man doesn't live by bread alone but by every word from mouth of G'd". I am from day/s ago only existing on faith/hope in my God's Word(s). Me/you not listen/believe/say what i say unless it is what He say.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
davidnelson said:
I heard gluten causes cancer. Everything causes cancer these days, even breathing in oxygen.
Especially if you live in California... How many items have you seen that say "Certain chemicals in this product have been know to cause cancer in California" I saw this warning once on paper toilet seat covers. Now what is my incentive to sit on that knowing this new piece of information? Maybe its just California.. :p

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Bibliocentrist said:
my step father and someone else i briefly knew year ago has a disease [sounds like sediac/seliac?] where he can't grains/etc and is on gluten free. At least they do cater abit for them with gluten free labeled foods.

i know how difficult it has been for me needing/wanting a fluoridation-free and sprays-free and added-sugar-/-salt-free diet. It cuts out so many foods , not just junk/take-away/convenience food but even food that would otherwise be perfectly good food if they didn't purposely wreck it by putting the sugar/etc in it. Eg wheat-bix would be fine if they didn't put (all that) sugar in it. Cheese is fine but they put so much salt in it. Rice wafers (gluten free) are good but there is fluoridated water and soy in them.

re carbs it is true that (esp processed) carbs play part in teeth decay and in heart disease/blood pressure, though oral cleanilness and exercise help.

cancer may perhaps be connected with fluoridation, sprays, irradiated food, microwaves, radiation (tv), nuclear (fukushima), etc.

it is true and somewhat understandible that these days people like/prefer quick and easy.

(see https://seventynations.wordpress.com/2015/06/11/health/and http://historum.com/blogs/rob+banks/30958-water-fluoridation-facts.html)

However,
balance in everything.
"man doesn't live by bread alone but by every word from mouth of G'd". I am from day/s ago only existing on faith/hope in my God's Word(s). Me/you not listen/believe/say what i say unless it is what He say.
You do realise that toxicology, cancer studies and other research of over forty years all over the world has never verified one instance of fluoride in water being linked to any ill physiological affects?

The only thing it does is waste money and time as it's not even the most effective way to get it to teeth.

So you don't have to worry about it. You're more likely to get killed by a car than fluorine.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Bibliocentrist said:

However,
balance in everything.
You do realise that toxicology, cancer studies and other research of over forty years all over the world has never verified one instance of fluoride in water being linked to any ill physiological affects?

The only thing it does is waste money and time as it's not even the most effective way to get it to teeth.

So you don't have to worry about it. You're more likely to get killed by a car than fluorine.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Bibliocentrist said:

However,
balance in everything.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Bibliocentrist said:

However,
balance in everything.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Bibliocentrist said:

However,
balance in everything.

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
I disagree with the claim that **their** unseen alledged studies show no [health &/or ability] harms of fluoridation. And btw it is not just fluoride they put in but also alluminium. I know for a fact that after i stopped fluoridated water my ability & health was better than it was, and times when been on it was worse. Why is there so much prostate cancer around? so much balding around? etc. Because fluoridation, sprayed food, etc. We have to prove every jot and tiddle to their excessive highest maximum standards but they get away with not having to prove theirs and just spout off claims/words/jargon.

I agree that fluoridation is not most effective way to get it to teeth. But what smashes the lying "scientific" "have to prove/disporve" pro-fluoridationists case is that it the real root issue is about diet (sugar), diet (carbs), diet (nutrition), oral cleanilness, socio-economic inequalities/disadvantages.

Oh ok i won't worry about it. I don't have clean running home tap water but no worries i will take your word for it and drink/eat, and rinse food/etc in, and clean/wash in, etc in/with their poison. clean running water is necessity of life/health, even in the mosaic law.

http://historum.com/blogs/rob+banks/30958-water-fluoridation-facts.html

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Bibliocentrist said:
I disagree with the claim that **their** unseen alledged studies show no [health &/or ability] harms of fluoridation. And btw it is not just fluoride they put in but also alluminium. I know for a fact that after i stopped fluoridated water my ability & health was better than it was, and times when been on it was worse. Why is there so much prostate cancer around? so much balding around? etc. Because fluoridation, sprayed food, etc. We have to prove every jot and tiddle to their excessive highest maximum standards but they get away with not having to prove theirs and just spout off claims/words/jargon.

I agree that fluoridation is not most effective way to get it to teeth. But what smashes the lying "scientific" "have to prove/disporve" pro-fluoridationists case is that it the real root issue is about diet (sugar), diet (carbs), diet (nutrition), oral cleanilness, socio-economic inequalities/disadvantages.

Oh ok i won't worry about it. I don't have clean running home tap water but no worries i will take your word for it and drink/eat, and rinse food/etc in, and clean/wash in, etc in/with their poison. clean running water is necessity of life/health, even in the mosaic law.

http://historum.com/blogs/rob+banks/30958-water-fluoridation-facts.html
They are more than unseen studies... reports abound over the years and there is no link to anything you claim.

The only clear link is that it is expensive and not effective.
And you have more teflon in your system than aluminium or fluoride. Also there is more aluminium in deodorants than fluoridation. Most cookware is aluminium as well. The fact that you feel better is most likely a placebo effect,
what you place faith into that you shall have as The King would say.

I think you can ease up on the fluoride issue and start concerning yourself more with just eating healthy fresh foods and drinking plenty of water.

Reactions: aspen

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
(mods please don't warn me, i am sorry this is off topic, just have to post this one more answer (i don't have the time/health to start a thread/topic on this to have to answer.)

this is not the right thread/topic to debate fluoridation (and i already gave you the link to my basic case that smashes theirs), and i really don't want to get into a debate in a new thread (not because i would loose (because i have smashed their case), but because i know from experience how these debates just never end without the only one exact type of proof people demand/accept).

With all due respect (sorry no offense/antagonistic meant if i seem abit huffy/strong):

I have already totally smashed their lying pro-fluoridation case/claims but "it is not right that matters but victory/power/force".
Stop putting all that sugar in our food before your dump labeled-toxic stuff thats illegal to dump in the sea in My water. You can eat/drink whatever you want (i don't judge you/them/anyone) but i object to you / them Forcing it on me (as it is an essential necessity of life, and is also not fair if not everyone (and even if was everyone we all have different situations/conditions)). You are implying mainland Europe who has banned it is less scientific/proven than stuck-up british colonial world. It is wormwood/blood water.
As i said the answer is simple: *sugar*, carbs, nutrition, *oral cleanilness*, socio-economic.

It is not a placebo effect (and you have to Prove it to same high standards, not just get away with words/claims), it is from multiple experiences over years, observation in others, deep-thinking/analysing/narrowing-down. "2 or more witnesses". I never even knew about the fluoride & alluminium in water, and cadmium in tin can food, and lead and heavy metals in dusty water from sitting in tap fittings, and mercury in fillings, etc. People themselves stated to me that i looked worse/better when was/wasn't being poisoned (and they didn't know why). I made the 12 battles of Arthur discovery after month/s on clean water, not the previous years.

I have been having hell trouble finding/getting "healthy fresh foods" (unsprayed, unfluoridated, no added sugar/salt, etc); and i got/get sicker/dumber when "drinking plenty of [their] water". "Words don't even move the leaves on the trees" Napoleon. "burdens that they won't even lift a little finger to bear themselves" Jesus.
I mailed someone early last week about organic food but they not replied (as often). What am i supposed to do? (I don't even want "organic", just unsprayed & unfluoridated veges/fruit.)

I agree it is not effective. But if it is not effective then why are you defending it? Why don't you prove it to them so they will stop?

Yes we have to have faith in God/inner Over man/outer otherthings but we also should not test God. Why is it always the opposite to what we want: have to have faith when forced to eat/drink poison, but then not allowed to eat anything we want?
If i have faith that i won't die if walk off a cliff will that work? Why do you have such faith in them when they are provenly bad/liars/etc?

I have no teflon or alumium cookware or deodorants here.

Drs need to be holistic.

Joshua Breeze

Nov 7, 2015
UK
I am on a diet at the moment called Juice +. This diet restricts what types of foods you eat and the 'treats' which we are allowed a week are typically gluten free; I think this is because there are less unhealthy ingredients in them. Some gluten free foods are really nice and I like them.