God and Marriage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@ScottA

Hi Scott, I was wondering if you might like to discuss this topic, You seem to have a lot of understanding, and what like to know, what you understand., on this topic, of course it may expand a bit as it does lead to much harlotry.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA

Hi Scott, I was wondering if you might like to discuss this topic, You seem to have a lot of understanding, and what like to know, what you understand., on this topic, of course it may expand a bit as it does lead to much harlotry.
Ah, not that we have not discussed it before here...but sure.

Marriage as portrayed by God in the scriptures demonstrates the bond of Oneness we are to have with God. Man was first created male, and Christ is male, but the church is His bride, female...revealed as a mystery. Each portrayal by men and women, as is also true of Christ and the church, is either accurate as it was in the beginning, or it is a disservice to God in His sharing of Himself and the relationship He has intended for us with Him. This is why the traditions of the day were predominately male as these things were told for future generations - and they should never be considered out of date...because they are not about the traditions which may be ever changing, but rather those traditions say it perfectly, and yet are misunderstood. The point was never to dictate human relationships with each other...except to personally experience just what God has in store for those who would espouse Him.

Thus, as portrayals go, one man and one women portrays it best. But a man with a man portrays God with God, and a women with a women portrays mankind with mankind - both of which portray no relationship of God with mankind. So, if one wants to marry their parakeet, they simply become deadwood in the revelation process of God revealing Himself to humanity...which He has promised to cut out and discard.

Men then, are not actually the head of anything...they just portray the head. It's a service job. And women? It is scary to think of how some women unknowingly portray themselves with their God. Scary.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Communication is the hardest thing I am learning with my hubby. And spiritually, he just seems pretty indifferent talking about God like everything else. I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife and want to focus on praying for my husband and daughter specifically this year. My husband is a wonderful man. I would love for him to talk about his faith with me more and be open about his thoughts. Or start to have thoughts. Very to himself. I want our marriage to be honoring to God.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Communication is the hardest thing I am learning with my hubby.
Just keep in mind that men and women have different ways of communication. Men will generally keep their feelings to themselves.

Also, talk to your pastor (s) about giving your husband more responsibilities within the church so that he can grow and also communicate his faith more effectively. That will spill over into your home sooner or later.

Reactions: Mayflower and Taken

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 19:5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

We know that a homosexual "marriage" is not joined together by God, and, thus, not a marriage at all, so it is alright if they divorce in the eyes of the land. But are all marriages where there is a man and a woman all joined together by God? It seems that in 1 Corinthians 7, that when a nonbeliever leaves his Christian spouse, the Christian is not "bound." So are there marriages between a man and a woman that were never put together by God in the first place. How can you know?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Communication is the hardest thing I am learning with my hubby. And spiritually, he just seems pretty indifferent talking about God like everything else. I want to be a Proverbs 31 wife and want to focus on praying for my husband and daughter specifically this year. My husband is a wonderful man. I would love for him to talk about his faith with me more and be open about his thoughts. Or start to have thoughts. Very to himself. I want our marriage to be honoring to God.

It is so hard when one does not want to or know how to communicate. I do not imagine that helps with anxiety :eek:. I will pray your husband receives a growing hunger to know HIM more and more each day, so that your marriage will move closer and closer to The Living God as you seek Him together. God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God and Marriage ~

One man & One woman JOINED in a VOW, to forever remain JOINED.

Intent for this one man & one woman IS to Love, Honor, Help, Care for each other in Needs and Gifts. And Remain Faithful.

It is a Preparation for A man and A woman to experience those things,

So, THEY CAN, be Prepared to BE THE SAME, Toward thee Lord God, and skilled in Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding; to Teach their gifts (of children) To BE Prepared when they reach adulthood.

In short; God has an Order and Way for everything in a mans Life; and It is ALL About a man being Prepared for a Spiritual Life with thee Lord God Forever.

Happy New Year,
May the Lord Bless you and yours abundantly,

Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just keep in mind that men and women have different ways of communication. Men will generally keep their feelings to themselves.

Agree.
And excellent advise.

Happy New Year,
God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Mayflower

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One man & One woman JOINED in a VOW, to forever remain JOINED.
And God established this principle right at the beginning -- when He created Adam and Eve. For some strange reason, both these people failed to uphold their responsibilities within their marriage, and so a curse came upon humanity and all creation.

1. What was Adam doing when he should have been watching over Eve?

2. What business did Eve have in dialoguing with the devil?

3. Why did Adam fail to snatch that fruit from Eve and throw it hard against the serpent, and tell him to get lost?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@ScottA

Thanks Scott have much to add, had bit more revelation yesterday as how that relates with us and Christ and the harlot church and adultry. Even to say if a woman "those who claim to be Christs Bride", belongs to the harlot church' mens religions", is that no a woman joined to a woman, and if married to another is that not adultry. Well just got back from movies with grand daughter will add some more later.

God bless

Reactions: amadeus and ScottA

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
what God asked Him to do, look after His garden....
Had he really been looking after his garden he would have (a) assigned Eve a job which would keep her close to him at all times, so that no one could approach her and deceive her, (b) put up a fence around the Tree that brought him down, (c) put up a sign for Eve in front of that tree saying "NO TRESPASSING", and (d) put up a sign for Satan in front of Eden saying "NO TRESPASSING".

Adam was falling down on the job, and that is why Eve got into trouble.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Had he really been looking after his garden he would have (a) assigned Eve a job which would keep her close to him at all times, so that no one could approach her and deceive her, (b) put up a fence around the Tree that brought him down, (c) put up a sign for Eve in front of that tree saying "NO TRESPASSING", and (d) put up a sign for Satan in front of Eden saying "NO TRESPASSING".

Adam was falling down on the job, and that is why Eve got into trouble.
You are here to blame Adam for a decision Eve made, they both made a choice and they both made the wrong one as we do everyday, and it was not his decision to tell her to do anything., in a marriage we are all equal, there is nothing stopping a man from cleaning the house or a woman from mowing the lawn, but human pride and arrogance.

My mother when she first saw my youngest son, was shocked to see me changing nappies and washing Him even putting him to bed, i have even done that for my grand daughter and for the son of a friend of mine, that is how we are in a real marriage, we share the burden we share the work we share the hurt we share the happiness we share the joy, there is no blame, it is us, mankind that has corrupted the whole marriage idea.

Reactions: amadeus and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And God established this principle right at the beginning -- when He created Adam and Eve. For some strange reason, both these people failed to uphold their responsibilities within their marriage, and so a curse came upon humanity and all creation.

1. What was Adam doing when he should have been watching over Eve?

2. What business did Eve have in dialoguing with the devil?

3. Why did Adam fail to snatch that fruit from Eve and throw it hard against the serpent, and tell him to get lost?

It is astounding how one seemingly small decision can affect the entire life of a person...and all of mankind.

God Bless,
Taken

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

There is one easiy way to do that.

Ask him to lead the family in daily worship.

or over sunday diner ask him a question about that mornings sermon that you don't understand etc.

Reactions: Mayflower

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, not that we have not discussed it before here...but sure.

Marriage as portrayed by God in the scriptures demonstrates the bond of Oneness we are to have with God. Man was first created male, and Christ is male, but the church is His bride, female...revealed as a mystery. Each portrayal by men and women, as is also true of Christ and the church, is either accurate as it was in the beginning, or it is a disservice to God in His sharing of Himself and the relationship He has intended for us with Him. This is why the traditions of the day were predominately male as these things were told for future generations - and they should never be considered out of date...because they are not about the traditions which may be ever changing, but rather those traditions say it perfectly, and yet are misunderstood. The point was never to dictate human relationships with each other...except to personally experience just what God has in store for those who would espouse Him.

Thus, as portrayals go, one man and one women portrays it best. But a man with a man portrays God with God, and a women with a women portrays mankind with mankind - both of which portray no relationship of God with mankind. So, of one wants to marry their parakeet, they simply become deadwood in the revelation process of God revealing Himself to humanity...which He has promised to cut out and discard.

Men then, are not actually the head of anything...they just portray the head. It's a service job. And women? It is scary to think of how some women unknowingly portray themselves with their God. Scary.
Man was given the woman to encourage him to conform to the image of Christ!!

D

Dave L

@ScottA

Thanks Scott have much to add, had bit more revelation yesterday as how that relates with us and Christ and the harlot church and adultry. Even to say if a woman "those who claim to be Christs Bride", belongs to the harlot church' mens religions", is that no a woman joined to a woman, and if married to another is that not adultry. Well just got back from movies with grand daughter will add some more later.

God bless
Who's the harlot church in your estimation? What defines it?