God Bless America?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
I get very upset when I hear this as this nation, so greatly blessed from inception has spit in the Face of God, now how can they have the nerve to ask for a blessing? The first English Bible in this country was printed by the government for use in our schools, as a teaching aid. It has now been banned from schools by the ACLU and you have let it happen. You profane the Holy Sabbath of God in favor of a Christianized pagan ritual of sun worship. You have allowed the Papacy to convert you to pagan rituals. Put Christ back into Christmas is the theme, but since He was never there in the first place, how can He be returned where He never was? Put the origins of christmas in your search cryteria and see what comes up. You can find the origins of all of the pagan secular holidays on the net, with plenty of backup to prove them true. I started out as a pagan, but I was curious about the Ten Commandments, so I did a search and received the truth. That was many years ago and I have not regretted it since.
Most of you believe the government belongs to the common man, you can not be farther from the truth. You believe that a lone gunman shot President Kennedy and his brother, but the evidence does not support this in any way. I heard the news of Kennedy being shot on my radio and when I got home I watched it on TV. I distinctly heard the announcer say the shots came from the grassy knowl. The never once said anything about any shots coming from behind him. A firearms expert stated that he could have not been able to hit the car from Oswands perch, let alone the Presidents head from that distance with a worn out bolt action rifle.You believe that a single man blew up the Murrah building in Oklahoma City, but the evidence does not support this, partly because the Tv announcers at the time stated that the emergency crews could not get into the building for 2.5 hours because of unexploded bombs in the basement of the building. A fertalizer bomb outside the building could not do that damage as much of it was beneith the street lever and concussions travel in a straight line.
Truth is out there but you need to look for it and not get buried in the traditions of the Church and the words of the government who have told you lies before, yet you still believe they will tell you the truth in the future. I could go on forever with this but I doubt that any of you will even search for the truth as you are blinded by the doctrine that you are feed daily by those you are suppose to be able to trust. God wants you to have the truth and it will set you free, but not if you do not search for it. In Revelations God commends some for being diligent to search scripture to be assured that what they hear is true to scripture.
humble servant of the Lord God Most High

This is for those who do not believe the Sabbath is still to be observed, as it is in the New Testament 60 times and the first day only 8 times.
Acts 13:14-15
14 But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.
15 And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.
KJV

Why would Paul be in the Synagogue if he taught first day worship? Why would the law and prophets be read if they were hung on the cross? Of course you will say the sacrificial law which was fulfilled by Christ is the law spoken of, but it is not. The laws of God existed long before there was an Israel as is proven by Able and Cain’s sacrifices and the skins that God put on Adam and Eve, not to mention the sacrifice of Noah after exiting the ark. Of course there was a distinction made of clean and unclean animals on the ark, 7 of clean and 2 of unclean. This was written long before Leviticus 11 was even dreamed of.

Acts 13:42-44
42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.
43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
44 And the next Sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
KJV

The Gentiles ask for Paul to teach them the next Sabbath in the Synagogue. Most of Antioch at that time were Gentiles, converted from paganism, who worshiped on the first day, so if they were worshiping on the Sabbath in the Synagogue, why is it that Christians now worship in the pagan day that these converts left to worship on the Sabbath?

Acts 17:1-3
17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:
2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.
KJV

Acts 18:4-10
4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
5 And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ.
6 And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.
7 And he departed thence, and entered into a certain man's house, named Justus, one that worshipped God, whose house joined hard to the synagogue.
8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.
9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, “Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:
10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.”
KJV

Paul again is teaching in the Synagogue on the Sabbath teaching Jews and Greeks both together and Christ tells him speak on as He has many believers there.
PS it is no wonder that God as turned His Back on us and allowed for us to be slaves in the land that He blessed from the beginning.

http://stg.do/Iwpc

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed the video. Some of the things I knew, and some I didn't.
I had first learned about this guy when he was on Glenn Beck one afternoon and I started doing some digging.
The facts he presents are true and he often encourages people not to take his word on it.
He encourages them to check for themselves. He said this way they see for themselves it is true, and it often leads them to dig deeper and learn even more important facts about America's Christian history.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
America was placed at its founding in the hands of the people....the people blew it....people always do.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I get very upset when I hear this as this nation, so greatly blessed from inception has spit in the Face of God, now how can they have the nerve to ask for a blessing? The first English Bible in this country was printed by the government for use in our schools, as a teaching aid. It has now been banned from schools by the ACLU and you have let it happen. You profane the Holy Sabbath of God in favor of a Christianized pagan ritual of sun worship. You have allowed the Papacy to convert you to pagan rituals. Put Christ back into Christmas is the theme, but since He was never there in the first place, how can He be returned where He never was? Put the origins of christmas in your search cryteria and see what comes up. You can find the origins of all of the pagan secular holidays on the net, with plenty of backup to prove them true. I started out as a pagan, but I was curious about the Ten Commandments, so I did a search and received the truth. That was many years ago and I have not regretted it since.
Most of you believe the government belongs to the common man, you can not be farther from the truth. You believe that a lone gunman shot President Kennedy and his brother, but the evidence does not support this in any way. I heard the news of Kennedy being shot on my radio and when I got home I watched it on TV. I distinctly heard the announcer say the shots came from the grassy knowl. The never once said anything about any shots coming from behind him. A firearms expert stated that he could have not been able to hit the car from Oswands perch, let alone the Presidents head from that distance with a worn out bolt action rifle.You believe that a single man blew up the Murrah building in Oklahoma City, but the evidence does not support this, partly because the Tv announcers at the time stated that the emergency crews could not get into the building for 2.5 hours because of unexploded bombs in the basement of the building. A fertalizer bomb outside the building could not do that damage as much of it was beneith the street lever and concussions travel in a straight line.
Truth is out there but you need to look for it and not get buried in the traditions of the Church and the words of the government who have told you lies before, yet you still believe they will tell you the truth in the future. I could go on forever with this but I doubt that any of you will even search for the truth as you are blinded by the doctrine that you are feed daily by those you are suppose to be able to trust. God wants you to have the truth and it will set you free, but not if you do not search for it. In Revelations God commends some for being diligent to search scripture to be assured that what they hear is true to scripture.

This is for those who do not believe the Sabbath is still to be observed, as it is in the New Testament 60 times and the first day only 8 times.
Acts 13:14-15
14 But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down.
15 And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.
KJV

Why would Paul be in the Synagogue if he taught first day worship? Why would the law and prophets be read if they were hung on the cross? Of course you will say the sacrificial law which was fulfilled by Christ is the law spoken of, but it is not. The laws of God existed long before there was an Israel as is proven by Able and Cain’s sacrifices and the skins that God put on Adam and Eve, not to mention the sacrifice of Noah after exiting the ark. Of course there was a distinction made of clean and unclean animals on the ark, 7 of clean and 2 of unclean. This was written long before Leviticus 11 was even dreamed of.

Acts 13:42-44
42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.
43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
44 And the next Sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.
KJV

The Gentiles ask for Paul to teach them the next Sabbath in the Synagogue. Most of Antioch at that time were Gentiles, converted from paganism, who worshiped on the first day, so if they were worshiping on the Sabbath in the Synagogue, why is it that Christians now worship in the pagan day that these converts left to worship on the Sabbath?

Acts 17:1-3
17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:
2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.
KJV

Acts 18:4-10
4 And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
5 And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ.
6 And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean: from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.
7 And he departed thence, and entered into a certain man's house, named Justus, one that worshipped God, whose house joined hard to the synagogue.
8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.
9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, “Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:
10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.”
KJV

Paul again is teaching in the Synagogue on the Sabbath teaching Jews and Greeks both together and Christ tells him speak on as He has many believers there.
PS it is no wonder that God as turned His Back on us and allowed for us to be slaves in the land that He blessed from the beginning.

Sounds like the pushing of Judaism, and hatred of the Goyim.

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
veteran,
I am goyim not a Jew. I started out in a Baptist church as a kid and have gone to Catholic, Lutheran,Scientology and Methodist Churches and finally ended up in Church of God. There has never been any change of the day of worship by God. During the time of Paul the there were men trying to take the people back into Sunworship by calling it a Christian day of worship, of which Paul warned the breathren against. I guess you did not get the message. God has never stated any change in the day Scanctified by Him for worship. The first day is only mentioned 8 times in the new testament and the Sabbath 60 times. Paul and Christ taught in Synagogues to Goyim like me and they welcomed him back for weeks to teach them about Christ. He taught the elders of the Church after Sabbath services, even extending into the first day of the week, just after sunset on the Sabbath.
Are you brave enough to step out of your comfort zone and actually do a search of your secular holidays including first day worship on the net? Or are you so ingrained into your present secular church and the accalades that you get from men there that you can not allow yourself the pleasure of His company on his day? He tells us that having the praise of men is its own reward, but does not allow grace to grant you salvation. Salvation is of the Jew or through the same laws given to them by God and the Word. The Word specifically tells you he did not change any of the laws. Fulfillment is not change only fulfilling prophesy of things to come. humble servant of the Lord God Most High

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I heed Colossians 2 where Paul said to not allow any man to judge us as to the sabbath days. If you're depending upon keeping the sabbath per tradition for your Salvation, then you're in trouble.

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
veteran,
It is clear that you are ingrained in your secular church and the recognition given you there, plus you seem to revel in the attention of men over that of God.
Please find the scripture which specifically states a different Sabbath Day of worship just as well as exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5. There is a reason for Exotus 20:8 starting with the word Remember! It is not the first time that the ten commandments were given to man, just the first time they were recorded as such.There are many scriptures in Genesis that give the beginnings of the Sabbaths and how to know when to celebrate them starting with Genesis 1:14. If there no way for us to know when to celebrate them then your doctrine might be right, but the sun and moon were given to us so there would be a way that we would know when to celebrate the Sabbath's of God. Keep My Commandments is a reocurring theme all through the entire Book, so how can you say that you have no law to follow, just believe? Belief is basis for works, as Christ did the works of His Father because of Belief in the Father. How can anyone show their belief in Christ without doing the works of the Father? If you do not the works of the Father your belief is dead. humble servant of the Lord God Most High

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
All Christians but particularly the Americans must read book "The Harbinger" by Jonathan Cahn.

I may disagree with some of the scripture's references but the facts are shocking to say the least.

I am dead serious.

If you are the USA citizen you must read this book.

It will blow your mind, I promise.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
veteran,
It is clear that you are ingrained in your secular church and the recognition given you there, plus you seem to revel in the attention of men over that of God.
Please find the scripture which specifically states a different Sabbath Day of worship just as well as exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5. There is a reason for Exotus 20:8 starting with the word Remember! It is not the first time that the ten commandments were given to man, just the first time they were recorded as such.There are many scriptures in Genesis that give the beginnings of the Sabbaths and how to know when to celebrate them starting with Genesis 1:14. If there no way for us to know when to celebrate them then your doctrine might be right, but the sun and moon were given to us so there would be a way that we would know when to celebrate the Sabbath's of God. Keep My Commandments is a reocurring theme all through the entire Book, so how can you say that you have no law to follow, just believe? Belief is basis for works, as Christ did the works of His Father because of Belief in the Father. How can anyone show their belief in Christ without doing the works of the Father? If you do not the works of the Father your belief is dead. humble servant of the Lord God Most High

You don't know what you're talking about because you obviously do NOT heed the New Covenant writings of Apostle Paul, specificlly in Colossians 2 where he said to not allow any man to judge according to holy days. So why don't you take your secret love of Phariseeic Judaism somewhere else instead of on a Christian forum.

All Christians but particularly the Americans must read book "The Harbinger" by Jonathan Cahn.

I may disagree with some of the scripture's references but the facts are shocking to say the least.

I am dead serious.

Your special attention to the USA and American citizens is duly noted. That should be sign enough that you have an agenda of man to push here instead of Christ's work.

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
Your special attention to the USA and American citizens is duly noted. That should be sign enough that you have an agenda of man to push here instead of Christ's work.

Actually I have no agenda pertaining to USA at all but was fascinated by the facts presented in the book which deals with the USA.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
Dear veteran,
You sound like you have a problem with the doctrine of God. If you read a scripture out of context it will not agree with other scriptures, which is what you are doing with the doctrine of Paul. He taught in the Synagogue on the Sabbath to Gentiles. If he had changed the Word of God by changing the day of worship, why would he then defy his own teaching by going into the Synagogue to teach Gentiles on the Sabbath? The only way that you can get another day of worship out of his teachings is to read then out of context. Paul was chosen by God to do His will and the one who gave the Sabbath in the first place was the same one who knocked Saul off of his high horse and the same one who in Matthew 5:17-18 tells all that He did not destroy [Change] any of the laws that He had previously given to us. Did you know that there are three different laws spoken of by Paul? And he spoke of more than one at a time in different sentences? Moral Law- Ceremonial Law- Sacrifical Law. Now Christ fulfilled the requirements of the Ceremonial and the Sacrifical Law as far as the sacrifices as both of them required sacrifices. BUT, how could He have fulfilled the requirements of the Moral Law? The Moral Law has no requirements that Christ could fulfill for you as they are given for you to follow. That even includes the 2nd and 4th commandments, which the paganized Church has changed in order to gain more power over you. The Church and Government have both usurped power that has never been theirs to begin with and you have allowed them to do it and now you defend them for making you a slave by following their way rather than that of God, which makes you free. Slave? Free? It is your choice to make, but remember the outcome of your choice determines His choice to give you Grace. He wants all to receive Salvation, but it is you choice to follow Him or the fallen Church as listed in the Book of Revelation. The Pagan Church [Catholic]has already fallen many milennia ago, thus which Church is now falling? It can only be the Protestant Church and why has it fallen? The main issue of God is His Sabbaths, as they have been an issue with him from the beginning of time and they were one of the main reasons that he sent Israel into bondage so many times and the reason that the ten tribes were mostly lost after they were sent into bondage, where they intermarried with the other conquered peoples. There were few that returned to Jerusalem when they were released from Babylon. humble servant of the Lord God Most High

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I have no problem with God's Holy Writ, but apparently you do.

Apostle Paul warned us Christians about what you're trying to do...

Col 2:8-17
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in Him, Which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In Whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12 Buried with Him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with Him through the faith of the operation of God, Who hath raised Him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, He made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
(KJV)

The phrase "of the sabbath" is Greek 'sabbaton', which means the weekly 'Sabbath'.

The Old Covenant system of following religious ritual and a priesthood was ENDED by Christ's Blood shed upon the cross.

The only religioius ritual Christ commanded us to keep is Holy Communion with Him, partaking of the bread and wine symbolizing His death and resurrection; and one other, that of water baptism. Even with those He did not specify a particular day to do it, nor how often to take Communion with Him (Paul said as often as we feel the need).

If you'll notice that last Col.2 verse I posted, that is about how our following the holy days God commanded per the Old Coveant will be established in the future with Christ's Milennium reign. Until then, we are to not let any man to judge us according to those things Paul describes there.

That does not mean we can't... observe the Israelite feasts and sabbaths which God gave. It means you are not to judge any brethren for not doing it, nor any brethren that does. Also, Paul was NOT talking about all the law with that anyway. He was specific that it's about the handwriting of 'ordinances', which involves all the Old Covenat religious ritual stuff, including the weeky sabbath ritual.

Jesus in Mark 2:27 said the sabbath was made FOR man, not man for the sabbath. When one treats the sabbath as a religious ritual to be followed like the Old Covenant, then that is seeking to be justified by those old ordinances in the law, and not by Christ Jesus through Faith on Him.

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
The follower of Christ in not subject to any man made law pertaining to spiritual matters (Ro 13 excluded for obvious reasons).

However, a Christian can observe any of the Jewish Sabbath, clean food or Jewish festivals for the reason between him and God as long as he doesn’t offend his brother or think/preach that it is required for the salvation.

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am dead serious.
Before reading do some research on the book and its author, many believe it is much hype and "facts" are distortions of biblical verses and events.
Myself, I wouldn't bother reading it...

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
Before reading do some research on the book and its author, many believe it is much hype and "facts" are distortions of biblical verses and events.
Myself, I wouldn't bother reading it...

I asked Americans to confirm or disprove the "facts". There might be some "facts" after all and you could find out that "the" people are wrong.

Relying on people is not always the best think to do.

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
veteren,
Why is the Sabbath stated 60 times in the New testament as an example of the worship practices of the Lord and His apostles? Why is the first day only mentioned 8 times and none in regard to worship practices? Why does the Papacy [ Catholic Church] state that the change of the day of worship is their claim of authority over all Christians? Why was the Venerable Day of the Sun the day of worship for all pagan sects? Where is the change of the day of worship stated in any scripture Old or New testament? Why does Paul spend three Sabbaths teaching Gentiles the ways of God in the Synagogue on the Sabbath? Why did Christ state clearly for those who can read that He did not change [destroy] any of His Fathers laws? The Moral Law, the 10 Commandments, can not be fulfilled. There is also the scripture where He tells us that breaking any of the least of these laws makes us guilty of all.
You are railing against the teachings of Christ! Read the Book and leave your preconceived notions behind and you might see the truth. He is calling all to Him, but you need to listen. Reading His word Old and New Testaments in context is a good way to hear his Words to you. I have children and I have never rewarded them for not following my rules, do you actually believe that the Father will reward you for breaking His rules to live by? Why is it stated in Revelation that Babaylon has fallen? The Catholic Church fell many thousands of years ago, leaving only the Protestant Church left to fall and now they are falling, WHY? Could it be that they are not following the rules {10 Commandments} that were written by the Finget of God [Christ]? Could it be that God rested on the 7th day as a sign to us that we are to do the same in rememberance of His doing so? Could it be that the sun and moon were given to us in Genesis 1:14 as a way for us to know when His Sabbath's were to be held? If you can answer these questions and keep your answers in context with all other scriptures it is worth $1,000,000 to you, I believe that this reward has been offered for a long time and no one has been able to collect it and many scholars of Protestant religion have tried and failed. I rely on scripture for my doctrine and you rely on the traditions of men for yours, as there is no place in scripture for your doctrine.

rand

Sep 10, 2012
Actually, the first time the Gospel was preached was by woman on a Sunday--'He Is Risen, He Is Risen!!!' Remember? When you under stand grace, you will keep everyday holy and you will rest in Him completely, always. Everyday is the Sabbath. Do you serv a god who is angry about the one day of the week you put aside to observ Him? You my friend still have a servent's heart. God paid a handsome price so that you could have a 'Child of God's ' heart.

If poolman came in and made himself at home in my house, getting my sandwich out of the fridg and sitting down with me to a movie and tried to lay his head in my lap--i'd have a problem with that. He is a servant. If my daughter did the same acts as the poolman, Even if I was saving that sandwich for myself for later, I'd love it that I could bless her and spend that kind of time with her. It would bless me beyond discription. THat's the heart of a child.

Jesus never called God, God until He was on the cross, Jesus always refered to Him as Father (abba= daddy). Punishment (or fear of punishment) will make you see the Father as a punisher, and not as a loving, giving, healing, providing (and anyother name for God that Jesus did not use) Daddy.

Yes, it is true that God has a role to play as punisher, but for now all the sins have been punished in Christ on the cross. All the sins, not just ours but the whole world's. Those who do not accept His payment, will be responsible for their own and God will punish them, but for now He is trying to give them a chance to get a free ride. Punishment is one of His roles or responsiblities, it's not who He is, it's not where His heart is it's not His charicter. Do you love to punish your children?

Reactions: rand

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
Rand,
God says that every child of His He chastizes and if you are not cared about enough to be chastized you are a servant not a child of God. My children had to be corrected at times and I did not hesitate to do so for their own good, so how much less can the Father do for your own good, for all sin at times and need correction. As He says no correction is good at the time, however it is to keep you on the right path and not allow you to follow after the teachings of man.
Col 2:8
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
KJV
veteran used this scripture to show me that I am wrong in the teachings of the Word from His Book. It is saying that you need to not follow the teachings of the world and instead follow the teachings of Christ. It is a warning to the Protestant Church of today also as they are the fallen Church in Revelation, because they have not followed the teachings of Christ and Paul who both kept the Sabbath's of God and taught the same in Synagogues on the Sabbath's. I noticed that veteran did not attempt to answer any of my questions to him, what a shame as while trying to disprove them he could have gained a little knowledge of the ways of God. Many who are trying to disprove any of these questions have in the long run realized that the answers prove the ways of the present Christian Church are pagan in origan. The spire, cross, the little fish on the back of their cars are all pagan symbols adapted by the Papacy [Catholic Church] from their pagan roots. The only way that you can show your faith is by your works, your actions toward others. Any symbol is forbiden by the Ten Commandments, not suggestions!

rand

Sep 10, 2012
Hey Sabitarian, you do realize that we are in a new and better covenant, right? Keep the Sabath was one of the 10 Commandments (the Law) and it was just a shadow of what was to come (Jesus). Jesus is come, and now we are under that covenant of truth and grace. Trying to be justified by the law is bringing the curse of the law upon yourself. Read Duet chpt 28 and see what those curses are and see if you have any of them, I don't.

God disiplines those He loves but He said to use scritpure to disipline and rebuke. Not condemnation and judgment. Those come from being under the law. From trying to mix the law with grace like mixing new wine and old wineskins. Mixing Hot (grace) with Cold (law) you get lukewarm. The law is bondage, and the spirit gives life. The gate to life is found by so few people (even Christians have a hard time finding it) because so many in the Body of Christ is trying to introduce the law into the true Gospel, the Gosple of Grace.

The Bible calls the law the misistry of death and condemnation. It also refers to the law as the power of sin. Mary and Martha we bickering about the work they were doing and One of them, can't remember which one, has chosen the only good thing (feeding off of Jesus and not works) and It will not be taken away from her.

The law is not going to save you. It may make you feel better than other Christians, but it does not make you better. Phil 3:9 causes you to be self-righteous, which is what causes you to judge. (2 Peter 3:18) we should grow in the knowledge of grace and Jesus, not the law.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Come near, you nations, to hear; And heed, you people! Let the earth hear, and all that is in it, The world and all things that come forth from it. For the indignation of the Lord is against all nations, And His fury against all their armies; He has utterly destroyed them, He has given them over to the slaughter. Also their slain shall be thrown out; Their stench shall rise from their corpses, And the mountains shall be melted with their blood.

Isaiah 34:1-3