God calls and predestinates, justifies and glorifies. PTL.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
05-24-19, 02:43 PM
Romans 8:28-3028
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
For whom ""He did foreknow,"" he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.=== God is outside time! God sees our life from start to end in the "now". God sees those that will choose to believe and be born-again and those people God calls and predestinates, justifies and glorifies. PTL.
Tags: None

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
05-24-19, 02:43 PM
Romans 8:28-3028
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
For whom ""He did foreknow,"" he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.=== God is outside time! God sees our life from start to end in the "now". God sees those that will choose to believe and be born-again and those people God calls and predestinates, justifies and glorifies. PTL.
Tags: None

The idea that God sees the future the same as the present is something man has struggled with forever.

Isaiah 40:28
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Wafer

May 16, 2019
Yuma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea that God sees the future the same as the present is something man has struggled with forever.

That is not what the bible says. The bible speaks as if time passes the same for spirits as it does for us.

If I drop a key ring on the floor a dog's ears will perk up but a cat will not notice. If I drop a feather duster a cat will attack it instantly but a dog will not notice. So I have foreknowledge but I have no special relationship with time.

2 Peter 1:3 King James Version (KJV)
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

If something about time pertained unto life and godliness it would be more fully explained in scripture.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not what the bible says. The bible speaks as if time passes the same for spirits as it does for us.If I drop a key ring on the floor a dog's ears will perk up but a cat will not notice. If I drop a feather duster a cat will attack it instantly but a dog will not notice. So I have foreknowledge but I have no special relationship with time.
2 Peter 1:3 King James Version (KJV)3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
If something about time pertained unto life and godliness it would be more fully explained in scripture.

That is an excellent point! And it is explained, but though we are unable to fathom it, it has practical use to know that God exists in the past and the future just the same. Some of the ramifications are covered where they are of use to man.

1. Faith - only with God knowing our future, can we build faith
2. Prayer

-Matthew 6:8
Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

-Matthew 6:32
For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.

-Luke 12:30
For all the nations of the world seek after these things, and your Father knows that you need them.

3. Destiny - (just a couple of 100's)

Ephesians 1:11
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

Ephesians 1:5
He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

Revelation 22:13
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

Revelation 1:8
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says He is the Alpha ad the Omega = the Beginning and the End!!=God is outside time!!!

Wafer

May 16, 2019
Yuma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, ok.

At one time cities were surrounded by walls to keep out wild animals and wild people. Occasionally people would attack a city just for practice. The city wouold send messengers to the next city in lline to advise them of the strength of the enemy and tactics of the attack. Sometimes an attack would be so swift that the city could send only one messenger. In that case the messenger would announce "I am the alpha and the omega." IOW the only warning you get. The phrase has no other known significance.