God Changed My NIV Bible Into A NKJV Bible.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had another post that I was slowly adding my different personal yestimonies to but I dont see it now so I'll just start another right here. This is a Bizzare testimony. I didn't pray for it. I didnt pray about it. It wasnt on my radar at all. I call this one,

God Changed My NIV Bible Into A NKJV Bible. I know! Sounds weird!

So a work collegue of mine who is also a Brother in Christ (I'll call him Richard) was friends with me and we used to do some bible study together in the evenings. But he was married and his wife didnt like letting him out all the time, lol So we would do it on the phone.

Well, he went out and bought me a new NIV bible like his so that we could have the same version when we bible studied. That's fine I thought. It was a nice bible. Big and leather bound, nice. I began marking it up almost immediately lol!

Then a different friend/Brother in Christ came to visit (I'll call him Dave) and spotted my newish bible and looked at it, thumbed through it. He then proceeded to tell me how the NIV version is a poor version to read because it has a lot of missing verses not in it that the KJV does. So show me! And he did. We sat there for the better part of an hour looking up verses and comparing to the KJV and he was absolutely right!

So one day I'm on a different christian forum and the topic of which version is best came up. So I figure to chime in with hey I heard the NIV is missing a lot of verses, so I did. And prolly their most respected member of that board asked me if I will give him some examples of missing scriptures? Of course I said yes, gimme a minute...

I couldn't remember any exactly! So I called Dave and asked for some, which he provided off the top of his head. I wrote them down and let him get back to work. So I went to look those scriptures up to double/triple check that all my ducks were in a row, and, that's weird...this verse is in my NIV bible. I go to the next one that Dave had given me. It was in there too. WHat's going on here?

I didnt want to bug Dave at work again so I googled NIV missing verses and I got about 40,000 hits lol. So there at my computer I sat for the next two hours or so looking up the verses. But every single one of them was in that bible! It wasnt missing even one of them. Have I entered into the Twilight Zone?

In tired frustration, I closed my bible and put it on the table and pushed it away from me, and I started to pray. Lord what is going on here? Dave showed me the NIV had missing verses and google backed them up all except for all those verses were in there too. So, please Lord, what is going on? And I didnt hear anything from the Lord so I sat back in my chair on my shoulder blades (Lol) and thought, now what am I going to do? I told that man that I would post examples! How can I now? ...and my eyes flicked across the back of my Bible and there it was in big bold gold letters...NKJV My chin hit the floor. I know that Richard bought me an NIV bible! Dave saw the NIV bible. The only answer I could come up with is, this is not the same bible. But this bible, it is the biggest nicest bible that I have. There is no way that I could confuse it with another bible. This is my big one.

I flipped through it and all of my highlighting and underlining were still in it! This clearly had to be God's doing. So I had a huge list of examples for the man and a new Testimony!

And three people, me, Richard, and Dave can all attest to this was a NIV bible, we seen it with our own eyes. So in the mouths of two or three witnesses the truth is established. I still have this bible. I suppose that this is an endorsement by Jesus of the NKJV bibles!

Reactions: marks