God Chastises sinners with rod of iron, not sons

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The Bible does teach God chastises both sinners and His sons, but not at all the same way. The reason is because they are not behaving and doing the same with God. One is sinning against God, and the other is enduring temptation.

I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

This shows there is no respect of persons with God, if His son commits iniquity with the world. All the doers of unrighteousness are dealt with by God the same: with the rod and the lash for the sinful children of men. It confirms God judges all the works of men the same, without respect of persons.

God's dealings with all workers of iniquity alike, is with the rod of iron and the stripes for the guilty. There is only one commandment of God for them: To repent of the sinning. (Acts 17)

"Elegko and plaga": For the guilty there is only the reproof of the Spirit for the world of iniquity (John 16), and the plagues reserved for the unrepented (Rev 16).

When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.

This includes the sons that bastardize their sonship with the Father, to turn from His righteousness to commit iniquity with the sinners of the world.

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

By doing iniquity, the Father no longer chastises us as sons, but only as bastards with the world.

The Father's chastisement for sons is not for committing iniquity, but is training in righteousness while resisting the devil and stiving against sinning.

Paideuo and Mastigo: For the obedient, there is only education of the master for the disciple, to scourge all imperfections of the spirit while enduring temptations.

In the schools of mastery of old, the disobedient were cast out. There was no place nor room for them that despised the training of the head master. So, we see it is with them that despise the chastening of the Lord. They are only turned out for the reproofs and plagues of the world, except they repent.

Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

It's the real life training of trials for the sons of their Father, which the Son of the Father also endured:

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

The Son never suffered elegko and paga from God for sinning, and neither do His sons that obey Him. It's the same chastening and training unto perfection of obedience, that the obedient Son learned at the cross, and the obedient sons also learn on our own cross for His name's sake.

God's elegko and paga to repent is only for the children of disobedience, that have forsaken the right way of the Lord, and the Father's padeuo and mastigo to obey is only for the obedient sons, that are being trained in how to remain obedient in all things for the Lord.

Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation, temptation, or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

There is only one commandment to repent for all the workers of iniquity:

And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

And there is only one commandment to obey for the doers of righteousness at all times:

As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

The rebuking of God upon the souls and lives of unrepented children of men, is not the upbringing of the Father for His obedient sons. That especially includes them that have bastardized their sonship to work iniquity with the world.

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.