God Chose Them but For What Purpose?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe they are setting a good example for us to follow?

• yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • have not decided yet

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath choosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

They were choosen to show us the way
to show us how to treat the stranger
to show us how to be compassionate
to show us how to be loving to your neighbor
to show us by their example
&
peace would then envelope the world​
Did God make the right choice and if so how and if not; why not?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath choosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

They were choosen to show us the way
to show us how to treat the stranger
to show us how to be compassionate
to show us how to be loving to your neighbor
to show us by their example
&
peace would then envelope the world​
Did God make the right choice and if so how and if not; why not?

God is always right. Trick question. That was easy. :p

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want the world Jewish community to call upon the Jewish Israeli people to ask the Lord for forgiveness and repent for their sins and proclaiming the Palestinians as one of their own, children of God just as their children are.

Am I asking too much?

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got my own answer---

It is a verb, an action word, which is pronounced as “chews”. To choose is to pick out or select (someone or something) as being the best or most appropriate of two or more alternatives. For example, “You need to choose a color of paint for the walls.” The past tense of choose is 'chose'.

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is always Good. Being ‘right’ is an ego word - God does not have an ego/false self

Being Right seems to be important to many people on this board, but not God - in fact, he fails to know people who are living in ‘right’ according to Matt 7:23

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To begin with you must take into account that the book of Genesis was written to and for the human population at the time it was written. Genesis was written in the middle of the 5th century BC.; Columbus sailed to the new world in 1492 AC. The difference between the two is 2,518 years.

If you read Genesis taking into account who the people who were hearing these words it is right on mark. And those who waste their time trying to dismiss it fail to see the forest for the trees.

Having said that; discussing the pros and con gives us something to do which is better than robbing to store next door.

In my view of things

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God Chose Them but For What Purpose?

This is the purpose-------------------

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

(Deu 7:9 KJV) Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

(Deu 7:11 KJV) Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.

(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:

(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

(Mal 3:5 KJV) And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.

(Deu 24:20 KJV) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Deu 24:21 KJV) When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Jer 7:6 KJV) If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:

(Jer 22:3 KJV) Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

(Ezek 22:7 KJV) In thee have they set light by father and mother: in the midst of thee have they dealt by oppression with the stranger: in thee have they vexed the fatherless and the widow.

(Zec 7:10 KJV) And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

(Exo 22:21 KJV) Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Exo 23:9 KJV) Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

(Lev 25:35 KJV) And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

******"IF" they do the above this is the reward they will receive*******

(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.