God Destroys Righteous Ones Who Fail to Endure and Shrink Back

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of God's righteous ones, alive by faith, shrink back and so are destroyed instead of inheriting the promise.

Hebrews 10
36For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. 37For,
Yet a little while,
and the coming one will come and will not delay;

38but my righteous one shall live by faith,
and if he shrinks back,
my soul has no pleasure in him.

39But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.

In other words:
v36God's Righteous Ones have need of endurance if they want to inherit the promise, but some of v38God's righteous ones, alive because they have faith, fail to endure, so God has no pleasure in them so v39He destroys them.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of God's righteous ones, alive by faith, shrink back and so are destroyed instead of inheriting the promise.

Hebrews 10
36For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. 37For,
Yet a little while,

and if he shrinks back,

39But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.

In other words:
v36God's Righteous Ones have need of endurance if they want to inherit the promise, but some of v38God's righteous ones, alive because they have faith, fail to endure, so God has no pleasure in them so v39He destroys them.

What Bible translation are you using.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went and read the ESV of Hebrews 10:26-39 and really liked it.
I highly recommend NASB and ISV. An ISV translator guy was on The Line of Fire Radio broadcast and he seemed super humble--he took issue with translations lacking nuance, and so failing to be faithful renderings. The long and the short of it : I'd take a gander at the ISV.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hebrews 10
Yet a little while,

and if he shrinks back,

In other words:

Hey GracePeace, what's up with the avatar? :)

Your posts are solid, but your avatar looks like a drunken lush, LoL.

P.S. Don't take offense. Just kind of trying to reconcile the two.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hebrews 10
Yet a little while,

and if he shrinks back,

In other words:

“Gods righteous ones, alive because they have faith, fail to endure, so God has no pleasure in them so He destroys them.”

questions or thought here...one is who is “he that shall come will come, and will not tarry?” 10:36-39 For ye have need of patience, (reminds me of God knows you have need of these things) that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. [37] For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. [38] Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. [39] But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

“but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure” Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him : for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
2 Corinthians 13:6 Lexicon: But I trust that you will realize that we ourselves do not fail the test.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Gods righteous ones, alive because they have faith, fail to endure, so God has no pleasure in them so He destroys them.”

questions or thought here...one is who is “he that shall come will come, and will not tarry?” 10:36-39 For ye have need of patience, (reminds me of God knows you have need of these things) that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. [37] For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. [38] Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. [39] But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

“but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure” Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him : for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
2 Corinthians 13:6 Lexicon: But I trust that you will realize that we ourselves do not fail the test.
?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey GracePeace, what's up with the avatar? :)

Your posts are solid, but your avatar looks like a drunken lush, LoL.

P.S. Don't take offense. Just kind of trying to reconcile the two.
It's a really funny point in a video, but you know "don't be drunk with wine but be filled". Also Paul did instruct Timothy to have a little wien for the belly gotta be obedient! lol jk

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a really funny point in a video, but you know "don't be drunk with wine but be filled". Also Paul did instruct Timothy to have a little wien for the belly gotta be obedient! lol jk

I was guessing that might be it, LoL.

Just wasn't sure if he was drunk on the right wine, given the purple eye shadow and all, LoL.

Reactions: amadeus

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just wasn't sure if he was drunk on the right wine, given the purple eye shadow and all, LoL.
He DOES NOT wear eye shadow. That's JonTron YouTube comedian (and lapsed Christian). He wasn't supposed to be drunk there the fact he is holding that glass of wine and set against that background was a commentary on the way his voice sounded at the time. LOL

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He DOES NOT wear eye shadow. That's JonTron YouTube comedian (and lapsed Christian). He wasn't supposed to be drunk there the fact he is holding that glass of wine and set against that background was a commentary on the way his voice sounded at the time. LOL

Whatever you say, LoL. :p

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol...was wondering this myself.
Sorry about that. I really like the avatar but I may have to remove it if it is going to make someone stumble. I seldomly drink. I reserve drinking for special occasions. I can go years without drinking. I've had the same alcohol in my cabinets for years (I bought it for cooking). I'm against drinking because it prevents me from using my mind, which I like to keep sharpened, and I'm certainly against drunkenness and all that comes with it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Aye there is the wine to be bought from the neighborhood liquor store [squeezed from grapes] and there is the wine from "Joel's Bar" as per:

"For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Acts 2:15-21

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry about that. I really like the avatar but I may have to remove it if it is going to make someone stumble. I seldomly drink. I reserve drinking for special occasions. I can go years without drinking. I've had the same alcohol in my cabinets for years (I bought it for cooking). I'm against drinking because it prevents me from using my mind, which I like to keep sharpened, and I'm certainly against drunkenness and all that comes with it.

I 100% agree, and you and I sound like two peas in a pod... accept when it comes to our taste in avatars, LoL.

Reactions: GracePeace

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aye there is the wine to be bought from the neighborhood liquor store [squeezed from grapes] and there is the wine from "Joel's Bar" as per:

"For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Acts 2:15-21

Joel's Bar... where exactly is that? I'd like to pay him a visit. LoL.