God does not Forgive Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

This is further to my thread, crucified with Christ. The title may offend some here, but let me explain. There is a difference between sin, the carnal fleshly nature all men are born with, and sins, the individual acts of disobedience or unbelief in transgressing God's laws (1John3:4) which acts God is always ready to forgive, through the merits of Christ, in response to the prayer of repentance and faith. But sin, God cannot forgive.
Sin is the nature which leads us to disobedience. The nature with which we come into this world does not change, cannot be improved on, cannot be reformed, altered, decorated, or transformed into something else.
John3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
The only way to get rid of a bad nature is for it to die. The only way to get a good nature is to be born again.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1 Cor.15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
Romans 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Christ died for our sins that He might be able to pardon them. He died to sin in our carnal nature so that we, by sharing in that death, might be delivered from our sinful nature.
If all that happens at conversion was forgiveness, and pardon, we would return to our sinful habits and acts of disobedience because our sinful natures would still be alive and well. It is a fallen, unholy, degenerate nature, and the only cure...the only release for what amounts to a fatal diseased ridden soul, is its death. Only through dying can we hope to be delivered from the dominion of sin and from the will and desire to commit sin.
I love Romans 6 and 7, for it describes this concept beautifully. The old man dies. That fleshly carnal nature which we all possess by inheritance, and which we as sinners cultivate until it bears fruits of wickedness and evil, is helplessly, hopelessly, incorrigible and is innately evil and must die.

Eph. 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I’m waiting for a few post ( which I am sure you will get!! :D )

I’ve read your OP
But maybe I am brain tired, way past my bed time....I need to read it again when I am fresh , and can think. before replying.

Bless you ....H

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The title may offend some here, but let me explain.
With all due respect your post makes no sense whatsoever. Which is rather surprising. The title does not offend but creates spiritual confusion.

Both sins and sin natures were nailed to the cross. Therefore Paul could say "I am crucified with Christ..." and then went on to say this:

ROMANS 6
6Knowing this, that our old man [SIN NATURE] is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So you need to either revise your title, or re-examine what you wrote, since God definitely forgives sinners, even though He does not eradicate their sin natures. He gives them a new nature with the Holy Spirit within, which ensures that the sin nature cannot dominate the Christian.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
With all due respect your post makes no sense whatsoever. Which is rather surprising. The title does not offend but creates spiritual confusion.

Both sins and sin natures were nailed to the cross. Therefore Paul could say "I am crucified with Christ..." and then went on to say this:

ROMANS 6
6Knowing this, that our old man [SIN NATURE] is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So you need to either revise your title, or re-examine what you wrote, since God definitely forgives sinners, even though He does not eradicate their sin natures. He gives them a new nature with the Holy Spirit within, which ensures that the sin nature cannot dominate the Christian.
try to understand what he is saying Enoch.

B

Butterfly

This is further to my thread, crucified with Christ. The title may offend some here, but let me explain. There is a difference between sin, the carnal fleshly nature all men are born with, and sins, the individual acts of disobedience or unbelief in transgressing God's laws (1John3:4) which acts God is always ready to forgive, through the merits of Christ, in response to the prayer of repentance and faith. But sin, God cannot forgive.
Sin is the nature which leads us to disobedience. The nature with which we come into this world does not change, cannot be improved on, cannot be reformed, altered, decorated, or transformed into something else.
John3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
The only way to get rid of a bad nature is for it to die. The only way to get a good nature is to be born again.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

1 Cor.15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
Romans 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Christ died for our sins that He might be able to pardon them. He died to sin in our carnal nature so that we, by sharing in that death, might be delivered from our sinful nature.
If all that happens at conversion was forgiveness, and pardon, we would return to our sinful habits and acts of disobedience because our sinful natures would still be alive and well. It is a fallen, unholy, degenerate nature, and the only cure...the only release for what amounts to a fatal diseased ridden soul, is its death. Only through dying can we hope to be delivered from the dominion of sin and from the will and desire to commit sin.
I love Romans 6 and 7, for it describes this concept beautifully. The old man dies. That fleshly carnal nature which we all possess by inheritance, and which we as sinners cultivate until it bears fruits of wickedness and evil, is helplessly, hopelessly, incorrigible and is innately evil and must die.

Eph. 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
I think I get what you are saying, but surely when we pass through death, and Jesus returns and renews everything - then won't that reveal that ' the old ' has equally passed away - that things will be ' as God intended ' and forgiveness will be complete , we will no longer have the sin nature that has been passed on from the beginning , since the fall. The sin nature will be gone.
However I can see how there can be a difference between ' sin nature ' and ' sin ' and how God can forgive one and not the other. I must admit that I have never considered it or even thought about it as I can't deal with the root of it all , and I am not responsible for it either- it's out of my control !
Mind you, I may not have understood and you may mean something completely different ! Lol
Rita

B

brakelite

ROMANS 6

Hi Enoch, I think if you read it again you may be able to see where I am coming from, and that we would agree. Christ dying for our sins that He may forgive... Christ dying for sin that we may die and live in Him, as per the Romans 6 quote you gave.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Enoch, I think if you read it again you may be able to see where I am coming from, and that we would agree. Christ dying for our sins that He may forgive... Christ dying for sin that we may die and live in Him, as per the Romans 6 quote you gave.
Hi brakelite,

I may see what you are saying. Jesus died to both pay for our sins, and to provide a path to separate us from the sinner through death.

Sins are paid for, and forgiven. The sinner stands condemned, dead. But we are alive in Christ.

Like that?

Much love!
Mark

Reactions: brakelite

Wafer

May 16, 2019
Yuma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin, singular, is the absence of spirit. Adam had a spirit but it died and so he was unable to bequeath a spirit to his offspring. That is why everybody is born in sin, not because Mommy and Daddy did the big nasty. That is why a savior had to die in our place and make it possible to create a new spirit for us.

Sins, plural, are mistakes, such as throwing a dart and missing the bullseye. Christians are baptised into Christ's death, and dead bodies don't commit sins, so sins are not an issue for Christians. There is no more forgiveness. Either you believe in Jesus and are saved or you don't believe and are lost.