God does not have a timeline.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I read through the titles on the eschatology forum here, all i see is the various timeline proponents declaring the other one false.... My belief is that they are all wrong, because they are assuming God is constrained by a timeline of His own making. Some use the verse in 2 Peter that says a day is as a thousand years to either support or deny their proposed timeline, when in fact it is meant to tell us that God has no timeline as he exists in eternity. Mortal man and the mortal mind of man has a hard "time" grasping this concept, so they insert time where God has not in the prophecies.

My point here is to all who are pushing a timeline of events, whether preterist amillennial or pre-millennial to go back and examine where you have inserted time when God has not in your timeline. In some aspects, you are all correct, in others, you are deceiving yourself.... Although I am a premillennialist myself, I believe the end times started right when Christ arose from the dead and ascended to heaven. That is the timescape of Revelation... So says Christ Himself...."Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;" (Revelation 1:19) So John, writing circa 95AD has had these things already happen in the past and has witnessed them, some things are happening at the time of his writing, and the things which will occur in the future to come. And the thing is, all of these prophecies can have multiple fulfillments in the past present and future.... for example the seven letters to the churches, were past churches, current churches and future church ages.

Reactions: Dropship

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
writing circa 95AD has had these things already happen in the past and has witnessed them, some things are happening at the time of his writing, and the things which will occur in the future to come. And the thing is, all of these prophecies can have multiple fulfillments in the past present and future.... for example the seven letters to the churches, were past churches, current churches and future church ages.
Interesting view/perspective.
---
I have been observing..the end times & timeline predictions/arguments..
- since 1970's.

Reactions: David H.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
God is timeless, but He has decreed a set time for His Creation of the physical universe and for mankind in it.

God gave us the movements of the earth and celestial objects, for us to measure time. The time for the earth to orbit the sun, is a year.
That period is mentioned many times in our Bibles, In the Old Testament, we can add up the years of the Patriarchs and Kings to see how God had allowed the exact time of 2000 years for the first period; the Patriarchs. Then came the 2000 year time of the Kings, ending with Jesus being acclaimed King of the Jews, His death and Resurrection.
It is now very close to another 2000 years since then.

We are told that Jesus will Return and He will reign over the world for the final thousand years, making a total of 7000 years.
Proved by history and the example in Genesis of the seven 'days' of Creation.

Reactions: marks and David H.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:33

Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door.

Reactions: marks

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God exists outside of Time, having no beginning and no end., while man is created to exist inside Time.
The BIBLE is created within a Time Frame and man exists within it.
Yes! but God has set up many time lines for His people.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is timeless, but He has decreed a set time for His Creation of the physical universe and for mankind in it.

God gave us the movements of the earth and celestial objects, for us to measure time. The time for the earth to orbit the sun, is a year.
That period is mentioned many times in our Bibles, In the Old Testament, we can add up the years of the Patriarchs and Kings to see how God had allowed the exact time of 2000 years for the first period; the Patriarchs. Then came the 2000 year time of the Kings, ending with Jesus being acclaimed King of the Jews, His death and Resurrection.
It is now very close to another 2000 years since then.

We are told that Jesus will Return and He will reign over the world for the final thousand years, making a total of 7000 years.
Proved by history and the example in Genesis of the seven 'days' of Creation.
I don't disagree with you here in the least, my point is that people who study prophecy place a timeline into that prophecy that is not there, for example shoving all of revelation into the final week. The point of prophecy is to show that God has known the end from the beginning... to glorify Him. We can try till we are blue in the face and figure it out, but if we keep arguing about who is right based on some man's interpretation, we are going to miss the crux of the matter, we must be shown by the Holy Spirit. My point in this post is to get the ceaseless comments and posts about Pre-mill is a heresy, or preterism is a heresy ad infinitum, and have instead honest folks seeking truth, and not their own glory..... that begins by seeing the error of attempting to insert time into prophecy. When you realize this, then you can go back to square one and let the Holy Spirit guide you. Prophecy is meant to mature the believer, not to get them bogged down in entrenched ideological warfare. Personally, I believe the fall feasts of 2026 are pointed to in numerous biblical timelines.... i believe I have shared them here before.... that means the spring of this year may be significant marking 3.5 years before this time. Am I right? i do not know, but if there is little to no fellowship amongst brethren because they are at each others throats fighting about who is right, why even bother discussing this with brethren. I Love discussing eschatology, but not arguing about it constantly.
God exists outside of Time, having no beginning and no end., while man is created to exist inside Time.
The BIBLE is created within a Time Frame and man exists within it.
Men insert time into prophecy and sequence, when none is indicated because man exists in time. This is why the Israelites could not figure out that Messiah ben Joseph had to come before messiah ben David.... the suffering servant before the King to rule the earth.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I read through the titles on the eschatology forum here, all i see is the various timeline proponents declaring the other one false.... My belief is that they are all wrong, because they are assuming God is constrained by a timeline of His own making. Some use the verse in 2 Peter that says a day is as a thousand years to either support or deny their proposed timeline, when in fact it is meant to tell us that God has no timeline as he exists in eternity. Mortal man and the mortal mind of man has a hard "time" grasping this concept, so they insert time where God has not in the prophecies.

My point here is to all who are pushing a timeline of events, whether preterist amillennial or pre-millennial to go back and examine where you have inserted time when God has not in your timeline. In some aspects, you are all correct, in others, you are deceiving yourself.... Although I am a premillennialist myself, I believe the end times started right when Christ arose from the dead and ascended to heaven. That is the timescape of Revelation... So says Christ Himself...."Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;" (Revelation 1:19) So John, writing circa 95AD has had these things already happen in the past and has witnessed them, some things are happening at the time of his writing, and the things which will occur in the future to come. And the thing is, all of these prophecies can have multiple fulfillments in the past present and future.... for example the seven letters to the churches, were past churches, current churches and future church ages.
I also am a Premillennialist--that's just how I read it in the Scriptures. I have been introduced to teaching that said Revelation is all symbolic, which of course would dispose of a literal Millennium. But over time I've come to believe in what I read in Scriptures, because I trust the Scriptural record is accurate.

The God of time would certainly recognize the importance of time in Scriptures, and wouldn't shy away from it. And the only problem with time is, as you say, that people make more out of it than is necessary in our lives. But just as like in preparation for a camping trip, you would ensure you are properly prepared for a time schedule, so God would also give us the proper perspective, time-wise, to carry out our calling in life.

Yes, much that is in the Scripture, though rooted in a particular history, also has application in many places in life. The command, to love one another, wouldn't have application at just one point in your life, nor just in your life alone, but in all times and for all people.

But this doesn't mean that certain prophecies do not have a definitive time application, which afterwards could provide a template for future situations. So Christ, when he came and died, became an example for us to live for God 1st, and also to lean on his forgiveness at all times in our lives, and in ministering salvation to others. It is all rooted in a particular event in time, when Christ died on the cross.

So I don't have a problem with a 3.5 year reign of Antichrist, literally predicted, nor with a 1000 year reign of Christianity on earth. These things can speak to us today, when we face other various kinds of Antichrists and set our hopes on Christ's 2nd Coming and our reign together with him over the earth. We just have to use "time" properly. :)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My belief is that they are all wrong, because they are assuming God is constrained by a timeline of His own making.
Of course God has a timeline. He is not constrained by it but men are definitely constrained by it. There is a limit to sin and evil and wickedness on earth.

Dave Watchman

May 14, 2017
Patmos
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My belief is that they are all wrong, because they are assuming God is constrained by a timeline of His own making.
But scripture must be fulfilled. The two witnesses must prophesy for "1260 days", and the the like. I'm not sure that I would word it as God is "constrained" by that. It's like saying God is constrained by His Word, or God is constrained by the truth.
Mortal man and the mortal mind of man has a hard "time" grasping this concept, so they insert time where God has not in the prophecies.

Huh?

Insert time where God has not?

Where?

7 and 62 weeks until Messiah the Prince?

Who inserted that?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm giving you a hard time. My names David too. And I'm from Michigan as well. The Bob Seger area, Pontiac and Rochester Hills. So we can't be bad guys. :)

But to see a post that says:

God does not have a timeline.​

Makes me think Huh?

Because I'm sure that the Father has fixed a day to judge the world in righteousness.

Because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.​

I'm also very sure we are in one of these timelines leading up to that day now.

The Apocalyptic prophecies in Daniel and Revelation contain at least 18 prophetic time periods.

Inserted by God.

1. Time, times and half a time (saints persecuted – Daniel 7:25)​
2. 2,300 evenings and mornings (until temple restored – Daniel 8:14)​
3. 70 weeks (determined upon the Jews, Messiah crucified – Daniel 9:24,25)​
4. Time, times and half a time (when completed, power of the holy people – Daniel 12:7)​
5. 1,290 days (from the end of the daily to the setting up of the abomination – Daniel 12:11)​
6. 1,335 days (blessed is the one who waits for and reaches this day – Daniel 12:12)​
7. Half hour of silence (at the opening of the 7th seal – Revelation 8:1)​
8. 5 months (length of torture upon those not having the seal of God – Revelation 9:5)​
9. Hour, day, month and year (event when war begins – Revelation 9:15)​
10. 42 months (Gentiles trample holy city – Revelation 11:2)​
11. 1,260 days (Two Witnesses empowered for this length of time – Revelation 11:3)​
12. 3.5 days (bodies of Two Witnesses lie in the street – Revelation 11:11)​
13. 1,260 days (woman fled into the desert – Revelation 12:6)​
14. Time, times and half a time (woman fled into the desert – Revelation 12:14)​
15. 42 months (persecution of saints – Revelation 13:5)​
16. One hour (ten kings join with beast – Revelation 17:12)​
17. One day, one hour (Babylon’s destruction begins – Revelation 18:8,19)​
18. 1,000 years (Satan in the abyss – Revelation 20:2)​

This list was compiled by my friend Larry Wilson from Ohio.

"And some of the wise shall stumble, so that they may be refined, purified, and made white, until the time of the end, for it still awaits the appointed time.​

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sometimes, time runs out, while you are waiting for more time to come.

That's the difference between time for God and time for Man, God never runs out of time.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God is not restrained by any timeline. That's a silly notion just because your dislike of the idea of a timeline shows you haven't studied enough of His Word to 'know' about the timeline for the END that HE set, and WARNED HIS SERVANTS about. So if you don't care about your soul enough to heed His warnings about the events leading up to Christ's future return that He gave His servants, then fine, enjoy the "outer darkness" along with the wicked which is where Jesus showed the deceived will be cast to at His future return.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not restrained by any timeline. That's a silly notion just because your dislike of the idea of a timeline shows you haven't studied enough of His Word to 'know' about the timeline for the END that HE set, and WARNED HIS SERVANTS about. So if you don't care about your soul enough to heed His warnings about the events leading up to Christ's future return that He gave His servants, then fine, enjoy the "outer darkness" along with the wicked which is where Jesus showed the deceived will be cast to at His future return.
You missed the whole point of the post too.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You missed the whole point of the post too.
I hope you don't miss my point. Jesus gave us the specific signs leading up to His future return, and I get tired of hearing deceived brethren downplay those TIMELINES He gave for the end. They're meant as 'warnings' for us so we would not be deceived. And there is coming at the end of this world a time of the greatest deception that has ever been during the history of this earth!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you don't miss my point.
I Have not, Like I said to Keraz I have done my due diligence on calculating days, to the point of saying the fall feasts of 2026 will be significant. My Point is about the order things unfold in revelation, and it not being as linear as most assume. We read time linearly, God does not as he is not constrained by time, and prophecy is not always given linearly.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Have not, Like I said to Keraz I have done my due diligence on calculating days, to the point of saying the fall feasts of 2026 will be significant. My Point is about the order things unfold in revelation, and it not being as linear as most assume. We read time linearly, God does not as he is not constrained by time, and prophecy is not always given linearly.

That is not the matter, nor should calculating days be the matter. That is fallacy, because Jesus made it plain that no man knows the day nor hour, including Himself, that only The Father knows. That means, in case you don't get it, DO NOT TRY TO CALCULATE THE DAY.

What ARE... we to do at the END then? We are to heed Lord Jesus and His Apostle's warning Signs for the end leading up to Christ's future return. That's not calculating, it is WATCHING like Jesus commanded us to do.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the matter, nor should calculating days be the matter. That is fallacy, because Jesus made it plain that no man knows the day nor hour, including Himself, that only The Father knows. That means, in case you don't get it, DO NOT TRY TO CALCULATE THE DAY.

What ARE... we to do at the END then? We are to heed Lord Jesus and His Apostle's warning Signs for the end leading up to Christ's future return. That's not calculating, it is WATCHING like Jesus commanded us to do.
Your just not ready for what I am saying. For the record, I have been "watching" since 2011, so it's not like I am not watching.... The point is there is so much bickering on the prophecy forum, you can't have a civil discussion.

Reactions: rwb