God Gave Peter the Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arenamistica

May 7, 2007
Matthew 16:16-19 states; And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. God's Word specifically says that Peter was given the Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven! What key would unlock the door to heaven? Salvation! So because Peter knew who Jesus was (the Christ..the Living God),which satisfied the "faith/belief in Christ" aspect of Salvation, God gave him the KEYs to God's Kingdom. In Acts 2, it talks about the Day of Pentecost (which is when God's people were awaiting the promise of God's Own Spirit (the Holy Ghost))! Later in this Chapter Peter begins to talk to the people of Jerusalem about Old Testament prophesies that have come true and etc. He also talks about Jesus' life (God Almighty in the Flesh; John 1:1-14) and his death/burial and resurrection! Why? So that his audience would BELIEVE on Christ Jesus! So then, being convicted in their hearts for being partakers of sin via the crucifiction of Christ Jesus asked ...what could they do ? They wanted to be free of this sin/guilt (which still applies to people who have not accepted Jesus by believing and being baptized (immersed in water) in Jesus name and received the Holy Ghost....even "saved" people(people who have been through the whole process of Salvation as is specified by Acts 2:38, who have believed on God ...BUT did not stop there who took on Christ) who willfully sin are crucifying God "afresh" Hebrews 6:6). What did they, who were with sin, need to do, according to God (via Peter)? What plan/process of Salvation did Peter SPECIFCALLY name/speak of? Acts 2:38, in which Peter says this: Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. And if one reads further, the people that BELIEVED were BAPTIZED. See Mark 16:16. Note: All references are from (KJV) Holy Bible.For more info visit: www.awcf.org/intent.html

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(arenamistica;10453)
Matthew 16:16-19 states; And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. [/url]
Jesus was not speaking exclusively to Peter; He was also speaking to all of us al well.