God gets the glory during times of trouble.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There have been a heap of Bushfires burning in Australia lately and they are still burning, and they have been massive, so keep praying, but in the middle of all this, this guy was not ashamed to give God the glory for intervening, and it was live on the news this morning, this guy was speaking on the Australian ABC news and here was some of what was said.

Copied and pasted this of fb, but actually heard it for myself this morning.

Wow! Here’s an ABC report this morning of an atheist’s change of heart during the fires in South East Australia. Read to the middle of his post where he saw God change the wind and save them.:

News Channel is chatting to David Geoffrey, the owner of the Wave Oasis bed and breakfast in Mallacoota.

Here's what David's saying;

Well, [conditions] are a hell of a lot better than they were. It doesn't look like it was midnight like it was just before. There's actually some light coming through the smoke. There's obviously dangers of spotting and the fires are running up in a northerly direction back towards the Princes Highway. I know that much. But before, it was... It was... Mate, you just don't want to go through something like this. It was terrifying.

And, um, I'm pretty... I'm a bit emotional still but I'm grateful that our animals are alive and that our guests that were with us are safe. We've stayed together. And, yeah, it was horrendous.

I want to give God the glory because, mate, I had a good friend, ex-firie, well, former head of fire department here in Mallacoota, Graham Clarke. He's been giving me the heads-up. He's in Canberra but is totally surrounded by fire where he was and was good enough to ring me and he said, "David, it's at the airport." So, I knew where it was. The airport in Mallacoota is five or seven minutes away in the car. I knew it was hitting town because the sirens start up.

At that point, I was praying. I was an atheist. I was praying to God, praying to Jesus, turn the wind. You wouldn't believe it - but I'm going to tell you the honest to God truth. It pushed this thing back against itself. Literally we felt the wind come from off the beach, it shouldn't have, but it did, but it went back at it. I don't care if anyone else doesn't recognise it. It was unbelievable. It stopped after five minutes and then probably 20 minutes after that, the breeze from the change south south-west, the south-westerly, it was blowing out to a gale for a point and then, what I thought - remember it's pitch black - and then the sky went red. We thought it was a fire front about to run over the top of us but what it was was, I believe, God's intervention, absolutely, through prayer, because it absolutely just burst its smoke and the redness was the sun coming through the smoke, not the fire about to destroy, you know, obliterate all of us down here. Because there's nothing they could have done if that had happened. It doesn't matter how many fire trucks you have.

Yeah. Look, um, because basically there's a rock wall [at the evacuation point on the beach]. So it's the only thing to protect from radiant heat, they wanted us to get into the water get against that wall. It's got oysters and stuff, not the greatest thing to do but it will save you from radiant heat, it's a barrier. So we were ready to jump in. And everyone was all along the edge, ready to go and of course when, you know, when that sky went red, it looked like what we've been looking at when we saw the fire coming.

Also, what I didn't say was you could actually hear it roaring towards town. You could actually hear it. I had been told that by Graham, the fire chief, he told me, "You'll hear it, David. You'll hear the sound." We've heard gas cylinders exploding, which means it's people's homes being destroyed and, yeah, look, we're just grateful to be alive.

B

brakelite

There have been a heap of Bushfires burning in Australia lately and they are still burning, and they have been massive, so keep praying, but in the middle of all this, this guy was not ashamed to give God the glory for intervening, and it was live on the news this morning, this guy was speaking on the Australian ABC news and here was some of what was said.

Wow! Here’s an ABC report this morning of an atheist’s change of heart during the fires in South East Australia. Read to the middle of his post where he saw God change the wind and save them.:

News Channel is chatting to David Geoffrey, the owner of the Wave Oasis bed and breakfast in Mallacoota.

Well, [conditions] are a hell of a lot better than they were. It doesn't look like it was midnight like it was just before. There's actually some light coming through the smoke. There's obviously dangers of spotting and the fires are running up in a northerly direction back towards the Princes Highway. I know that much. But before, it was... It was... Mate, you just don't want to go through something like this. It was terrifying.

And, um, I'm pretty... I'm a bit emotional still but I'm grateful that our animals are alive and that our guests that were with us are safe. We've stayed together. And, yeah, it was horrendous.

I want to give God the glory because, mate, I had a good friend, ex-firie, well, former head of fire department here in Mallacoota, Graham Clarke. He's been giving me the heads-up. He's in Canberra but is totally surrounded by fire where he was and was good enough to ring me and he said, "David, it's at the airport." So, I knew where it was. The airport in Mallacoota is five or seven minutes away in the car. I knew it was hitting town because the sirens start up.

At that point, I was praying. I was an atheist. I was praying to God, praying to Jesus, turn the wind. You wouldn't believe it - but I'm going to tell you the honest to God truth. It pushed this thing back against itself. Literally we felt the wind come from off the beach, it shouldn't have, but it did, but it went back at it. I don't care if anyone else doesn't recognise it. It was unbelievable. It stopped after five minutes and then probably 20 minutes after that, the breeze from the change south south-west, the south-westerly, it was blowing out to a gale for a point and then, what I thought - remember it's pitch black - and then the sky went red. We thought it was a fire front about to run over the top of us but what it was was, I believe, God's intervention, absolutely, through prayer, because it absolutely just burst its smoke and the redness was the sun coming through the smoke, not the fire about to destroy, you know, obliterate all of us down here. Because there's nothing they could have done if that had happened. It doesn't matter how many fire trucks you have.

Yeah. Look, um, because basically there's a rock wall [at the evacuation point on the beach]. So it's the only thing to protect from radiant heat, they wanted us to get into the water get against that wall. It's got oysters and stuff, not the greatest thing to do but it will save you from radiant heat, it's a barrier. So we were ready to jump in. And everyone was all along the edge, ready to go and of course when, you know, when that sky went red, it looked like what we've been looking at when we saw the fire coming.

Also, what I didn't say was you could actually hear it roaring towards town. You could actually hear it. I had been told that by Graham, the fire chief, he told me, "You hear it, David. You'll hear the sound." We've heard gas cylinders exploding, which means it's people's homes being destroyed and, yeah, look, we're just grateful to be alive.
Praise God alright.
Just to give readers some perspective... Since September 15 million acres of bush have burnt... That's half the size of the North island of New Zealand. Just 3 months. And a lot more summer to come. But God is good amen?

Reactions: amadeus and Josho

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
They are in my daily prayers. Father, let it rain, in Jesus mighty name!
animated-praying-smiley-image-0017.gif

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks for your prayers, it has been raining for most of the day, while it is normal rain, maybe a bit on the light side, it is certainly raining a lot more than was originally forecasted and the water tanks are getting topped up. Praise Jesus for that. I also hope and pray those fire affected areas get the rain too.

It really is crazy though, never before have I seen towns on the news and social media, turned into night during the day because of Bushfire smoke.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Also, what I didn't say was you could actually hear it roaring towards town. You could actually hear it. I had been told that by Graham, the fire chief, he told me, "You'll hear it, David. You'll hear the sound." We've heard gas cylinders exploding, which means it's people's homes being destroyed and, yeah, look, we're just grateful to be alive.
Give God the glory!