God is a God of Knowledge, 1 Samuel 2:2-3

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

seekandfind

Jun 21, 2012
God is a God of Knowledge:

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

1 Samuel 2:2 There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
1 Samuel 2:3 Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.

King Solomon asked God for wisdom and understanding:

2 Chronicles 1:10 Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: for who can judge this thy people, that is so great?
2 Chronicles 1:11 And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
2 Chronicles 1:12 Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Psalms 14:4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.

Psalms 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psalms 19:2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

Proverbs 1:1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
Proverbs 1:2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;
Proverbs 1:3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;
Proverbs 1:4 To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.
Proverbs 1:6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 2:1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
Proverbs 2:2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
Proverbs 2:3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
Proverbs 2:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
Proverbs 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
Proverbs 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
Proverbs 2:7 He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.

Proverbs 8:8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.
Proverbs 8:9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

Proverbs 8:10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

Proverbs 18:15 The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.

Proverbs 22:12 The eyes of the LORD preserve knowledge, and he overthroweth the words of the transgressor.
Proverbs 22:17 Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.
Proverbs 22:18 For it is a pleasant thing if thou keep them within thee; they shall withal be fitted in thy lips.
Proverbs 22:19 That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee.

Proverbs 1:5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

Proverbs 24:3 Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established:
Proverbs 24:4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
Proverbs 24:5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Proverbs 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Psalms 119:130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

2 Corinthians 8:7 Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.

Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
Ephesians 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Philippians 1:9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
Philippians 1:10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.

Colossians 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
Colossians 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Jer 9:23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
Jer 9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

We should differentiate between knowledge for knowledge sake (which puffs up and excites the religious flesh) and the intimate knowledge of the Lord which can only come through being a son and abiding in Him.

This verse that you listed:

Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
...is not speaking of book knowledge, but knowledge of Him, which comes by "doing His will" and experiencing His ways and the power of His word in our lives (in real life).

Great verses, thanks.

Axehead

seekandfind

Jun 21, 2012
Jer 9:23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
Jer 9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

We should differentiate between knowledge for knowledge sake (which puffs up and excites the religious flesh) and the intimate knowledge of the Lord which can only come through being a son and abiding in Him.

This verse that you listed:

...is not speaking of book knowledge, but knowledge of Him, which comes by "doing His will" and experiencing His ways and the power of His word in our lives (in real life).

Great verses, thanks.

Axehead

Hi Axehead,

Great verses,

I agree that there's book knowledge, and then there's revelation knowledge. However, I believe that they both are tied to the bible and before we can move on to deeper things we have to believe the word for what it says and as it says it. The Pharisees has a lot of book knowledge and Jesus corrected them in many areas.

There's searching for something and not applying it as well. We can study and search the scriptures and get understanding, and yet not apply it to our lives or continue to mature.

One thing I've found in my own studies is that just when I think I know something, the Lord shows me that there's more and more. I'm not sure that there's any finality this side of heaven.

Proverbs 12:27 The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Yes it comes by doing His will and not being hearers only.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever, He changes not. I trust that what His will was and is, (as it is written in the in the scriptures,) is still the same today.