God is Father of spirits. The devil is only the father of works.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Scripture shows that the devil is the father of them that are doing his works, and if we are lying, then he is the father of the lie.

The devil therefore is not the father of any souls nor spirit of man created by Christ, but is only the father of his works being done by man.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Only he that is committing sin of the devil, is of the devil, and not before.

No man can be of the devil, until he is sinning with the devil. No man therefore can have sin of the devil, until he sins with the devil after the womb.

No man is born with sin and of the devil, because sin only enters into the world by man sinning.

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into theworld, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

And so, the devil is never the father of any soul nor spirit of man coming into the world, but can only become the father of man's works, once he commits sin.

There can be no sin therefore in any babe in the womb, until as a man he commits a sinful work of the devil. Even as no sin enters into the world, until a man sins and first becomes of his father the devil, by works.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

The good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ begins with the truth, that no man was create nor made by the devil in the womb, and so only becomes a child of the devil by works he does after the womb.

The good news of God to the world begins with first destroying the lie of the devil, that he is any kind of creator or maker of men, whether with sin in the soul or the flesh.

Them that would be righteous are glad to hear they were not created nor born sinners, which would condemn them to sinning from cradle to grave.

Those who seek to justify sinning, because they don't want to repent, love the lying news of another gospel, that they were created and born that way made for sinning and to sin from the womb.

They don't want all the works of the devil destroyed at once, nor for life. They like him as father of their works, and so they like to think they were created and born of him, and so made for that purpose.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The good news of Jesus Christ is that Adam only became a sinner after he sinned, not before, and so no man becomes a sinner, until after and while doing the same as Adam.

The continuing good news therefore is that only so long as any man continues doing evil, will the devil be the father of his evil works, but if we turn to our true Creator and Maker of living souls and pure hearts, Jesus Christ, then we can be born again, even as the pure and clean newborn babes in the beginning we once were. Byy Christ entering into the world as a babe Himself, He shows all men we don't have to become nor be sinners of the devil, by works.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Jesus Christ comes to destroy the works of the devil, not the living soul and spirit of man created by Him, unto good works from the womb. And so, the past works are forgiven and forgotten, adn we are created once again in the image of God unto good works.

The only difference between being pure of heart newborn babes from the womb, and now in Christ, is that those pleasing good works for God begin immediately, because that is when Satan immediately comes to take away the seed of Christ born in our hearts.

And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

The gospel of Jesus Christ begins with the good news, that Christ is the Creator and Maker of us all in the womb, and so not with seed and sin of the devil to sin with him as the creating god of their souls. And the good news is fulfilled in us, when we are born by Christ again with power not to become a child of the devil by works, again.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Scripture shows that the devil is the father of them that are doing his works, and if we are lying, then he is the father of the lie.

The devil therefore is not the father of any souls nor spirit of man created by Christ, but is only the father of his works being done by man.

No man can be of the devil, until he is sinning with the devil. No man therefore can have sin of the devil, until he sins with the devil after the womb.

No man is born with sin and of the devil, because sin only enters into the world by man sinning.

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into theworld, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

And so, the devil is never the father of any soul nor spirit of man coming into the world, but can only become the father of man's works, once he commits sin.

There can be no sin therefore in any babe in the womb, until as a man he commits a sinful work of the devil. Even as no sin enters into the world, until a man sins and first becomes of his father the devil, by works.

great topic. I’ve always wondered what is the difference between works and Fruit?

They don't want all the works of the devil destroyed at once, nor for life. They like him as father of their works, and so they like to think they were created and born of him, and so made for that purpose.

who are “they”
Hopeful (Imo) is all works of the flesh come to nothing. What I take that to mean is all my wrongs and likeness to the devil …if it was in the flat of a hand before all to see, saying “look at this heaping dung of a mess, a heap of cruelty what a disgrace!” I would be thankful for it to be brought to nothing. Like a heaping mountain on one side brought down to nothing. That great mountain brought to nothing having no power. We can take that to mean “no power” to save “whom Christ died for” …or “no power” over or above, to withhold, or keep back Christ from “whom Christ died for”. as John said “I must decrease. Christ increase.” How alike is “I must decrease.” And be brought to nothing?

What I’m trying to say is to me that is what John meant “I must decrease. And Christ increase.” That all works of the flesh comes to nothing … is hopeful. What I don’t get is the desire that it is a person “whom Christ died for” because John seemed hopeful it was him that decreased. Because that was Johns’ Hope in Christ asking “are you Him or should we look for another?” How Christ sent word to John “tell John, the blind eyes are opened, the sick healed, and the mute speak”

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
great topic. I’ve always wondered what is the difference between works and Fruit?

who are “they”
Hopeful (Imo) is all works of the flesh come to nothing. What I take that to mean is all my wrongs and likeness to the devil …if it was in the flat of a hand before all to see, saying “look at this heaping dung of a mess, a heap of cruelty what a disgrace!” I would be thankful for it to be brought to nothing. Like a heaping mountain on one side brought down to nothing. That great mountain brought to nothing having no power. What I’m trying to say is to me that is what John meant “I must decrease. And Christ increase.” That all works of the flesh comes to nothing … is hopeful. What I don’t get is the desire that it is a person because John seemed hopeful it was him that decreased. Because that was Johns Hope in Christ asking “are you Him or should we look for another?” How Christ sent word to John “the blind eyes are opened, the sick healed, and the mute speak”
Your hope of doing righteousness at all times, without also doing works of the devil, is what all the righteous saints since Abel desire.

Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

I am showing how the lie of the devil, that men are now born with sin nature and made by the devil to sin from the womb, is meant by the devil to depress the righteous without hope or not sinning for him from cradle to grave.

The good news of the gospel of Jesus, is that we are created and made alive and good by Christ Himself in and from the womb, and men only become children of the devil, not by creation, but only by doing his works. That means the works we began doing as children, we can stop doing by Christ, since we weren't created sinners of the devil in the first place.

It's a simple and entirely possible solution of repenting what we have learned to do in life, and begin doing what we were first born to do and please God instead: this is the true gospel of the cross and Jesus Christ.

But, those who want to continue sinning with the devil, as from the womb, are therefore those who don't want to believe the beginning of the gospel and repent. They choose rather to believe a lie of being created and born that way, so that they can't possibly cease from doing works of their creator and father the devil. They don't mind doing more good than before in the name of Christ, but they also don't want to stop doing some evil still, even as they say they are made and born to do:

Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children.

I.e. being created and born with sin of the the devil is just a lie for hypocrites, who don't want to stop sinning with him. They also add another lie, that it is impossible to do good with Jesus all the time, and not also do at least some evil with the devil from time to time unto the grave. The purpose of which is obvious.

If it's declared impossible to go and sin no more, then we can't be expected by Jesus to actually do it. They would rather say, He was just throwing out an unrealistic ideal, that can't be kept by his own flesh and bones today. This is called idealism-only Christianity, that many with dead faith alone practice for themselves, as ongoing Christian sinners.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopeful (Imo) is all works of the flesh come to nothing. What I take that to mean is all my wrongs and likeness to the devil …if it was in the flat of a hand before all to see, saying “look at this heaping dung of a mess, a heap of cruelty what a disgrace!” I would be thankful for it to be brought to nothing. Like a heaping mountain on one side brought down to nothing. That great mountain brought to nothing having no power. We can take that to mean “no power” to save “whom Christ died for” …or “no power” over or above, to withhold, or keep back Christ from “whom Christ died for”.

We can take that to mean “no power” to save “whom Christ died for” …or “no power” over or above, brought to nothing—no power to withhold, or keep back Christ from “whom Christ died for”.

The reason the above is significant to me is first because of “and even the gates of hell will not prevail against it” Christ.

also the imagery of something so great and powerful on one side as if it is the all and end all; yet Something more majestic and Grander eclipses it bringing it down to nothing...has meaning to me. Feeling like it is something God shared a while ago about my fear or Fear in God. My Being anxious, and worried over everything suffering from decades of panic attacks…once I had to go in for a test in an MRI where i was told I would be in the machine for over two hours. I barely made it through the first go-round them having to sedate me. And still I squeezed the ball to alert them “I can’t do this.” The fear having a tremendous hold over me. For over a week I dreaded the upcoming test already convinced “your fear is too big” “no way you are staying in that machine for over two hours.”

never had I considered an airplane, never had I considered flying in one but during that week a friend asked if I would fly out to California to see her. She had no idea about my prayers to God. Suddenly my fear was redirected off the MRI machine and on a plane with no way out, nothing to squeeze to alert people I was claustrophobic and wanted out. Ultimately I told my friend no, I won’t fly. But something was different…the MRI machine had come to nothing in sight of something so much grander to my fear of the MRI… a plane with no escape door while up in the air. That may sound all stupid but it changed my life. What God taught me was about my fears (lowercase) compared to the Fear of God (uppercase). as I began to see how small I was with all my hang ups and little odd ticks…compared to How grand and capable God is …something changed for good. My smallness in the Hand of Grandness …which wasn’t putting myself down but changing a perception.
where all my worries seemed to diminish as nothing, brought low with God brought Higher. Like children when stressed look to a Father or Mother for the parents capability instead of their own.

Maybe that doesn’t help anyone but I will never forget whenever I’m out and get that uneasy feeling of dread …that God is Higher than that fear…which comforts. There is a freedom in focus on God as the focus became on a plane in the air …which made the MRI machine pale in comparison. I feel asleep in the machine that day and heard them say “we are finished” the over two hours felt like 10 minutes … I don’t think I’m smart enough to plan a friends call to get on a plane, I don’t think I’m smart enough to figure out what will help me stay in an MRI when I’m stressed. I don’t think I could have orchestrated any of the brilliance (Imo) He shared then, that has helped continually when I’m afraid of my smallness. Always reminding me “I’m Higher than your weaknesses. I’m capable.”

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe that doesn’t help anyone but I will never forget whenever I’m out and get that uneasy feeling of dread …that God is Higher than that fear…which comforts. There is a freedom in focus on God as the focus became on a plane in the air …which made the MRI machine pale in comparison. I feel asleep in the machine that day and heard them say “we are finished” the over two hours felt like 10 minutes … I don’t think I’m smart enough to plan a friends call to get on a plane, I don’t think I’m smart enough to figure out what will help me stay in an MRI when I’m stressed. I don’t think I could have orchestrated any of the brilliance (Imo) He shared then, that has helped continually when I’m afraid of my smallness. Always reminding me “I’m Higher than your weaknesses. I’m capable.”

This does apply. The truth is that men have been held in fear of death and in the grip of sinning, because they believed they were born that way. They believed they were created and made to sin from birth by an evil god. This is where evil paganism begins: that men are created and made with sin by a god of sin, to sin and die under his evil rule.

The beginning of the good news of Jesus Christ, is that we aren't created and born that way, but rather exactly the opposite, and so we don't have to live that way in fear, if we come to Him that created and made us at the first with love and not in fear of sin, shame, and death. That is why it is called being born again as newborn babes: not sinners and not fearing death.

We are fearfully made by Christ to wonderfully please Him from the beginning, and we so we are not made to sin and be in fear of death of the body, which is only made mortal, not sinful.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Would anything exist without Jehovah sir? It can be said He is the Father over everything.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Satan, just Like Adam, is a spiritual being.
He is the Un-Holy Spirit that is the Adamic Nature or the "dead spirit".

The unbelievers are his spiritual children., while being God's creation only.

The Devil's children, the unbelievers, will naturally do this... "the lusts of YOUR FATHER, you will DO".

So, to stop being that child of the devil, is to become born again by a NEW Spiritual FATHER, who is God.
If you are never born again by God, then you remain OF the Devil and you end up WITH the Devil, in the end.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan, just Like Adam, is a spiritual being.
He is the Un-Holy Spirit that is the Adamic Nature or the "dead spirit".

The unbelievers are his spiritual children., while being God's creation only.

The Devil's children, the unbelievers, will naturally do this... "the lusts of YOUR FATHER, you will DO".

So, to stop being that child of the devil, is to become born again by a NEW Spiritual FATHER, who is God.
If you are never born again by God, then you remain OF the Devil and you end up WITH the Devil, in the end.
All Scripture is true, not traditional mantra.

Satan only becomes the father of them that lust and do his works. Not before.

The spiritual Father of all Spirits is God the Father.

Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

The only spirits of men He perfects in the end, are those not doing the works of their father the devil.

To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect.

Jesus comes to destroy the works of the devil, not the spirits of men.

For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The spiritual Father of all Spirits is God the Father.

Really?

Then according to your nonsense, God is the Father of the Un-Holy spirit, and the Demonic spirits, and the Unclean spirits?
So, as usual, Robert, you are living inside your own theological fantasy world that rejects the New Testament.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

Then according to your nonsense, God is the Father of the Un-Holy spirit, and the Demonic spirits, and the Unclean spirits?
So, as usual, Robert, you are living inside your own theological fantasy world that rejects the New Testament.
I no longer bother with people who ignore plain words of Scripture. You have your own doctrine by your own faith, and I have Scripture for Jesus' faith.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I no longer bother with people who ignore plain words of Scripture. You have your own doctrine by your own faith, and I have Scripture for Jesus' faith.

As i said, you taught that God is Father of the Un-Holy Spirit, the Demonic Spirits, and the Unclean Spirits.
You are caught in your usual web of "look what i made up today and posted it as a Thread", and you dont like it when you are highlighted as being a person that does this with every Thread.