~God of the darkness~

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is my only post for a while.
I’m very slowly coming out of the wood.

I wrote this, little by little , so as not to push myself too fast.

I just wanted to say thank you very much to the ones that have been praying for me…much appreciated. And for those who sent kind messages of comfort via @Nancy. ♥︎

This is what I have been learning. :-

When you can’t see His Hand trust His heart.

Sometimes it is good for us to ask ourselves - ‘When is the time that we really pass through spiritual experiences’ ….Is it in those moments of great joy , or is it during the dry , hard challenging times?
When do we learn most about God and ourselves ?

In those times of excitement we are carried along on the currents of OUR own emotions! So it cannot be viewed as a 'spiritual' experience.

But in those dark, dry, silent times we must exercise our will to walk as God speaks…..and that is the real person that we are, that is the “I” of who we are.
When we are in darkness pull on His strength without any joyful ‘feelings’ .
Then we can then sail even when there is no spiritual wind in our sails blowing us.

He trains us so that our darkest hours can be our times of ‘holding-fast’. Until... we come to that place where Darkness and light are both alike to us.

Ps 139:12

"Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee, but night shineth as the day..the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. “

Joy is not the 'peak'…God is!!

He wants us to over come our environment as He did. Those that have overcome their environment have overcome their emotions …

I am not there yet…but I can see this …and moving toward this…
Having joy in the fact and the truth of His Presence, ... even when ‘feeling’ joyless and in a dark place.

@Butterfly, @Pearl, @amadeus , @marks, @Grailhunter, @Mayflower, @Stranger , @aspen @Bobby Jo ...and any others...♥︎

God bless...H

"

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I just wanted to say thank you very much to the ones that have been praying for me…much appreciated. And for those who sent kind messages of comfort via @Nancy. ♥︎

Sometimes it is good for us to ask ourselves - ‘When is the time that we really pass through spiritual experiences’ ….Is it in those moments of great joy , or is it during the dry , hard challenging times?

In those times of excitement we are carried along on the currents of OUR own emotions! So it cannot be viewed as a 'spiritual' experience.

But in those dark, dry, silent times we must exercise our will to walk as God speaks…..and that is the real person that we are, that is the “I” of who we are.
Then we can then sail even when there is no spiritual wind in our sails blowing us.

He trains us so that our darkest hours can be our times of ‘holding-fast’. Until... we come to that place where Darkness and light are both alike to us.

"Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee, but night shineth as the day..the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. “

He wants us to over come our environment as He did. Those that have overcome their environment have overcome their emotions …

Having joy in the fact and the truth of His Presence, ... even when ‘feeling’ joyless and in a dark place.

@Butterfly, @Pearl, @amadeus , @marks, @Grailhunter, @Mayflower, @Stranger , @aspen @Bobby Jo ...and any others...♥︎

God bless...H

"

Human "feelings" are so fickle. Wonderful, thoughtful post.
Now, take your daughters advice and rest your orbs :D

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless...H

"

Hello Helen, I had been thinking about you, and wondering why you haven't been on the forum, now I know, well, how are you? I just haven't been looking in the wright thread. But I do remember saying how long are you going to be gone? and you said, until tomorrow at that time.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dark times really show you who you are. Great insight! Strip away the warm fuzzies to see what's really there.

Much love, and prayer!

Reactions: Acolyte and amadeus

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While reading your thread I was hoping you'd mention Psalms 139, and you didn't disappoint!

Reactions: amadeus and Hisman
B

Butterfly

So nice to see you posting Helen, wow, the end part of your post really spoke to me ' overcoming your environment ect ect - '
My own battle has well and truly been with emotions - getting the balance between accepting I am allowed them and not allowing them to dictate - especially within ' my environment ' with home life and work - definitely need to reflect on the rest of your post.
Xxxxxx

Reactions: Nancy and Hisman

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely to see you Helen, even if only for a quick post which is thought provoking. Still praying and hope to see more of you before too long. You are a winter tree just now.

I love trees in winter; they are so beautiful when the leaves, flowers and fruit have long gone and all that remains is their naked trunks and branches as they stand seemingly dormant over the winter months.

The other day, as I stood at my bus stop, I was admiring the naked trees across the road and, convinced that there was a lesson in there somewhere, I asked God to show me what it could be.

Today standing in the same spot and looking at the same trees he gave me the answer.

During spring summer and autumn the trees are lovely in their leafy coverings but only when the leaves have fallen and they stand naked at this bleak time of year do they show their true strength; what they are really made of; the part of themselves that stands firm in all weathers.

God showed me that we Christians are like that; we have our growing times, our times of fruitfulness and glowing beauty but only in the bleak periods during the storms and troubles of our lives do we show our true strength as we stand firm in Christ against the odds.

upload_2019-9-4_9-48-28.jpg
And it seems that the older and more knarled the tree the more beautiful it is when it is starkly naked during the winter months. So perhaps this is also true of Christians.

And if you look closely at those trees that are seemingly dormant at this time of year, you will see the buds already forming on those bare branches which will burst forth to create a new, fresh, different beauty come the spring. Perhaps we are like that too.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless...H

"

Nicely written, I didn't know you had been under the weather. Sounds like the lord is taking good care of you, he always does. Bless you dear sister

Reactions: Acolyte

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless...H

"

Thank you for sharing this. I know what you mean....I too have struggled with the effects of my environment and how it affects my joy and relationship with Him.
Something to ponder and examine in my heart. From whence does my joy come?
His Joy is my strength....my joy fades as quick as the experience fades.
God Bless you Helen and I pray for supernatural strength in your mind and body as you continue to heal.

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

God bless...H

"

Trusting you will be strengthened... Psalm 46 is really good.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn’t know you were under the weather. But I’m glad your on the mend and you are blessings God, and your eyes are staying on Him as you go through your course.

Be blessed in Christ, Not me

Reactions: farouk

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn’t know you were under the weather. But I’m glad your on the mend and you are blessings God, and your eyes are staying on Him as you go through your course.

Be blessed in Christ, Not me
Note that her husband is posting for her at the moment because she continues unable to participate herself. Keep her in prayer!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lovely to see you Helen, even if only for a quick post which is thought provoking. Still praying and hope to see more of you before too long. You are a winter tree just now.

I love trees in winter; they are so beautiful when the leaves, flowers and fruit have long gone and all that remains is their naked trunks and branches as they stand seemingly dormant over the winter months.

The other day, as I stood at my bus stop, I was admiring the naked trees across the road and, convinced that there was a lesson in there somewhere, I asked God to show me what it could be.

Today standing in the same spot and looking at the same trees he gave me the answer.

During spring summer and autumn the trees are lovely in their leafy coverings but only when the leaves have fallen and they stand naked at this bleak time of year do they show their true strength; what they are really made of; the part of themselves that stands firm in all weathers.

God showed me that we Christians are like that; we have our growing times, our times of fruitfulness and glowing beauty but only in the bleak periods during the storms and troubles of our lives do we show our true strength as we stand firm in Christ against the odds.

And it seems that the older and more knarled the tree the more beautiful it is when it is starkly naked during the winter months. So perhaps this is also true of Christians.

And if you look closely at those trees that are seemingly dormant at this time of year, you will see the buds already forming on those bare branches which will burst forth to create a new, fresh, different beauty come the spring. Perhaps we are like that too.

Good thoughts Pat,
Your post brings to mind John 12:24

"Verily, verily I say unto you, unless a grain of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone; but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit."

Our plants and trees and flowers go dormant but...then they come alive again in Spring! So love the Springtime. The seasons of our lives...I'm in Fall, in Spring time, I knew next to nothing. Summertime had me looking, and searching...still much to learn...now in my Fall, God has brought me far from where I was in my Spring season...I wonder what Winter will bring :)

Reactions: amadeus