God the Father says His Eternal name is I Am. Jesus also says He is I Am!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
08-21-17, 07:31 PM

God says His eternal name is==14God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" Exodus 3:15
I Am ==The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all generations.
Jesus says =="Very truly I tell you," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" John 8:58

John 14:7-10 [7] If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." [8] Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us." [9] Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, `Show us the Father'? [10] Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

John 10:30 "I and the Father are one."
Pharisees knew who Jesus was saying who He was==John 8:59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Why did the Jews pick up stones to stone him? Because HE WAS CLAIMING TO BE GOD!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get your point but if my memory serves His claims declared Him equal to God by being the Son of God, which would be blasphemy if Jesus wasn't the Son of God. the Pharisees efforts were souly of using the law to rid themselves of any prophets of the Lord. something Israeli leaders were quite skilled at through out their history.

because most of these prophets were uneducated some were but most weren't from what I understand and they knew more about the Lord their God then the priesthood did. mainly because the priest didn't know the Living God and had no communication with Him, which was their job. a priest isn't a priest of a God he doesn't know.

even though they were looking to get Him on some condemnable circumstance like the Sabbath, which in some cases was a "put to death" law it would have empowered them legally to bring Him or any other legit prophet to the hang man, despite the works as Jesus said, if they didn't believe His words then believe the works (miracles and such). but they weren't looking for reasons to believe they were looking for justification to destroy the possible threat to their lifestyle.

Jesus knows who He is and the believer knows who He is, question is, does He know who we are? does He know us by name?

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can just picture the crowd of demons around Jesus at this time...as they heard His declaration of total Lordship. I am sure it drove them half crazy to hear Jesus openly say that He was and is "I AM."
And it still drives them crazy when we proclaim that truth!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus knows who He is and the believer knows who He is, question is, does He know who we are? does He know us by name?
Great post ! I can only assume that He does ....I can share that the first time I prayed for my family, when I got to my mum, He interjected, that it was OK :" She already knows Me" , He said. Which was a massive shock to me, as she had never said one word about any of that, in my entire life, so from that He obviously also knew her.....Guess it doesn't quite cover your thought, but at least one example.....:)

Reactions: Helen