Godly knowledge versus "intellectual knowledge"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
the Parable of
the Sower.

Why did the Lord Jesus give us that parable? Why, but to stir me up to serious inquiry and diligent

examination so as to discover which kind of a “hearer” I am. In that parable, Christ likened those who hear the
Word unto various sorts of ground upon which seeds fall. He divided them into four different classes. Three out
of the four brought no fruit to perfection. That is exceedingly solemn and searching. In one case the Devil catches
away the good seed out of the heart (Luke 8:12). In another case, they “for a while believe, and in time of
temptation fall away” (Luke 8:13). In another case, they are “choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this
life” (Luke 8:14). Are you, my reader, described in one of these? Do not ignore this question. We beg you: face it
honestly, and make sure which of the various soils represent your heart.

But there are some “good ground” hearers. And how are they to be identified? What did the infallible Son of
God say of them? How did He describe them? Did He say, “that on the good ground are they who rest on the
Word of God and doubt not His promises: are thoroughly persuaded they are saved, and yet go on living the same
kind of life as previously”? No. He did not. Instead, He declared, “But that on the good ground are they, which in
an honest and good heart, having heard the Word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience” (Luke 8:15). Ah,
dear readers, the test is fruit: not knowledge, not boasting, not orthodoxy, not joy, but FRUIT:
and such “fruit” as
mere nature cannot produce. It is the fruit of the Vine, namely, likeness to Christ, being conformed to His Image.
May the Holy Spirit search each one of us.

ITS NATURE

“Can true believers be infallibly assured that they are in the estate of grace and that they shall persevere
therein unto salvation? Answer: Such as truly believe in Christ, and endeavour to walk in all good conscience
before Him (1 John 2:3) may, without extraordinary revelation, by faith grounded upon the Truth of God’s
promises, and by the Spirit enabling them to discern in themselves those graces to which the promises of life are
made (1 John 3:14, 18, 19, 21, 24, etc.), and bearing witness with their spirits that they are the children of God
(Rom. 8:16), be infallibly assured that they are in the estate of grace and shall persevere therein unto salvation (1
John 5:13; 2 Tim. 1:12).”

Pink.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Parable of
the Sower.

Why did the Lord Jesus give us that parable? Why, but to stir me up to serious inquiry and diligent

examination so as to discover which kind of a “hearer” I am. In that parable, Christ likened those who hear the
Word unto various sorts of ground upon which seeds fall. He divided them into four different classes. Three out
of the four brought no fruit to perfection. That is exceedingly solemn and searching. In one case the Devil catches
away the good seed out of the heart (Luke 8:12). In another case, they “for a while believe, and in time of
temptation fall away” (Luke 8:13). In another case, they are “choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this
life” (Luke 8:14). Are you, my reader, described in one of these? Do not ignore this question. We beg you: face it

But there are some “good ground” hearers. And how are they to be identified? What did the infallible Son of
God say of them? How did He describe them? Did He say, “that on the good ground are they who rest on the
Word of God and doubt not His promises: are thoroughly persuaded they are saved, and yet go on living the same
kind of life as previously”? No. He did not. Instead, He declared, “But that on the good ground are they, which in
an honest and good heart, having heard the Word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience” (Luke 8:15). Ah,
dear readers, the test is fruit: not knowledge, not boasting, not orthodoxy, not joy, but FRUIT:
and such “fruit” as
mere nature cannot produce. It is the fruit of the Vine, namely, likeness to Christ, being conformed to His Image.

ITS NATURE

“Can true believers be infallibly assured that they are in the estate of grace and that they shall persevere
therein unto salvation? Answer: Such as truly believe in Christ, and endeavour to walk in all good conscience
before Him (1 John 2:3) may, without extraordinary revelation, by faith grounded upon the Truth of God’s
promises, and by the Spirit enabling them to discern in themselves those graces to which the promises of life are
made (1 John 3:14, 18, 19, 21, 24, etc.), and bearing witness with their spirits that they are the children of God
(Rom. 8:16), be infallibly assured that they are in the estate of grace and shall persevere therein unto salvation (1

Pink.

It is a relatively easy parable to understand Joe, and Jesus even goes on to explain it's meaning. The parable is recorded for us in Mat 13:3-8 and Jesus explains the meaning in verses 18-23. I love it when the Bible gives the interpretation, don't you?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It is a relatively easy parable to understand Joe, and Jesus even goes on to explain it's meaning. The parable is recorded for us in Mat 13:3-8 and Jesus explains the meaning in verses 18-23. I love it when the Bible gives the interpretation, don't you?
"Relatively EASY to understand this parable?"
Really Robert?
No mention of the Holy Spirit?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Parable of
the Sower.

and such “fruit” as

ITS NATURE

Pink.
The best way to learn is by obeying the Lord. Then we learn his purpose.