Godly meditation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I love Philippians 4.8:

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love Philippians 4.8:

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Yes Farouk,
When ever Satan tempts us by whispering in our ears...we need to "think on these things"! Amen.

2 Corinthians 10:5
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love Philippians 4.8:

love Philippians 4:8 also. And the topic of your thread ‘Godly meditation’ with regard to what thoughts lodge within, yes ‘think on these’

Consider Jeremiah 4:14 O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?

With
2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
love Philippians 4:8 also. And the topic of your thread ‘Godly meditation’ with regard to what thoughts lodge within, yes ‘think on these’

Consider Jeremiah 4:14 O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?

With
2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
@VictoryinJesus Good verses there also; Isaiah 55.7-9 comes to mind also:

"Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, good topic, and verse. one thing if we may. when one "think" on or meditate on the things of God in the scriptures, after thinking, and after meditating, don't answer for yourself, don't come to any conclusions or any interpretations on your own. go to God in prayer and ask, for his wisdom, who gives it liberally to those who ask ... IN FAITH. and with his wisdom, then one can understand "CORRECTLY" what you thought and meditate on.

never answer yourself..... for yourself, yes, you can talk to yourself, but never let self give you the definitive answer concering the things of God. asks God and let him answer, for and to you.

and as the king and prophet David said, meditate DAY and NIGHT.

PICJAG.

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like to meditate upon the Holy of Holies, the torn veil allowing those purified to enter God's presence. The Arc of the Covenant within the Holy of Holies, containing manna (God's promise to supply my needs), Aaron's rod (the power of the Holy Spirit), and the 10 Commandments (God's law written upon my heart). There, in God's presence I remind myself that I have entered God's rest.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I like to meditate upon the Holy of Holies, the torn veil allowing those purified to enter God's presence. The Arc of the Covenant within the Holy of Holies, containing manna (God's promise to supply my needs), Aaron's rod (the power of the Holy Spirit), and the 10 Commandments (God's law written upon my heart). There, in God's presence I remind myself that I have entered God's rest.
Thanks, @MattMooradian and the Epistle to the Hebrews does indeed give wonderful insights in the direction of your thoughts here.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meditation on the passion of Jesus is the most beneficial!

agony in the garden
Scourging at the pillar
Crowning with thorns
Carrying the cross
Jesus dies on the cross

this produces repentance and true compunction or sorrow.