God's deliverance from CORONA VIRUS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Friends, you can pray, let our living God deliver, every people, who are under the grip of CORONAVIRUS and its problems. Also let God bless the faith of every believers, also help them in their situation and He be glorified, during this CORONA VIRUS outbreak.

God bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God will only hear our prayers for deliverance if we are prepared to humble ourselves and confess our sins before Him.

In Isaiah 58, God was not impressed with the Israelite nation putting on sack cloth and ashes when they came to repetitively pray to Him for deliverance.

He was more interested in His Saints putting legs on their belief in Him by ministering to the people around them in need.

A better pray on our part would be to ask God to draw us further into His presence and service of ministering to the needs of the people around us, even to the point were we too suffer unto death like them.

Then God may hear our hearts and minister to us in our needs during our performing oh His hearts desired for the people around us.

Shalom

Reactions: My Dreams

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God will only hear our prayers for deliverance if we are prepared to humble ourselves and confess our sins before Him.

In Isaiah 58, God was not impressed with the Israelite nation putting on sack cloth and ashes when they came to repetitively pray to Him for deliverance.

He was more interested in His Saints putting legs on their belief in Him by ministering to the people around them in need.

A better pray on our part would be to ask God to draw us further into His presence and service of ministering to the needs of the people around us, even to the point were we too suffer unto death like them.

Then God may hear our hearts and minister to us in our needs during our performing oh His hearts desired for the people around us.

Shalom
I disagree with some of what you have said....He does hear our prayers.....and when we come together in prayer we can ask whatever we seek and it will be done.
Matthew 18:18-20
18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I disagree with some of what you have said....He does hear our prayers.....and when we come together in prayer we can ask whatever we seek and it will be done.
18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

I disagree with some of what you have said. He does not answer our prayer which are not in line with His desires for us, but He does sometimes allow what we have asked of Him to happen to us, so that we can learn how we should be praying.

God hears the prayers of the Saints because their hearts line up with His heart. What I disagree with is you statement that "we can ask whatever we seek and it will be done"

A Pastor in a third world country came up with the catch cry of, Pray Until Something Happens, and he labelled this as Push Prayer. In other words you keep pushing your prayers until you have received what you are asking for.

In considering his catch cry, I asked him two very pointed questions, since he lived in a country where Buddhism was fairly strong: -

1. If God decides to do nothing, has something happened?

and

2. If God does as you have repeatedly asked Him, then who is god?

So often in our prayers, we are telling God what to do rather than asking God to continue drawing us closer into His loving embrace so that our desires really become a reflection of His desires for us.

Shalom

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with some of what you have said. He does not answer our prayer which are not in line with His desires for us, but He does sometimes allow what we have asked of Him to happen to us, so that we can learn how we should be praying.

God hears the prayers of the Saints because their hearts line up with His heart. What I disagree with is you statement that "we can ask whatever we seek and it will be done"

A Pastor in a third world country came up with the catch cry of, Pray Until Something Happens, and he labelled this as Push Prayer. In other words you keep pushing your prayers until you have received what you are asking for.

In considering his catch cry, I asked him two very pointed questions, since he lived in a country where Buddhism was fairly strong: -

1. If God decides to do nothing, has something happened?

and

2. If God does as you have repeatedly asked Him, then who is god?

So often in our prayers, we are telling God what to do rather than asking God to continue drawing us closer into His loving embrace so that our desires really become a reflection of His desires for us.

Shalom
I agree we must learn how to pray according to His Will not ours....but healing is always the Will of God. Remember the Centurion who asked Jesus to heal his servant and Jesus said He would come but the Centurion said no...just speak the Word for I am a man of authority as well and whatever I command it is done. Jesus was amazed at how great this man's faith was.
It doesn't say whether the Centurion was baptized and saved or whether he prayed to God. It was his faith to believe in Jesus's ability to supernaturally heal people.
So in praying for those affected by the virus or asking Him to protect us from getting it has more to do with our faith to believe He can and will....for nothing is impossible for God.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree we must learn how to pray according to His Will not ours....but healing is always the Will of God.

But, so often, that is our desire because of our own fear of dying.

Let me give two examples: -

Example 1: -

A pastor friend of ours, prayed for a woman who had AIDS and was dying, and God allowed her life to be extended for a period of about three months while she was getting right with God. The woman gave away her idols, but the people she had given her idols to returned them to her because of the "bad luck" that they brought them. The woman had to destroy all of the idols that she owned. Her witness during those three months allowed the Gospel to be preached to her neighbours in a very practical way.

After the three months of her getting right with God, the AIDS took a new hold on her life and she began to die quickly and the pastor took us to her house with him to pray for her to be healed again. He was wanting to demonstrate his power again by healing her but her body was slowly shutting down and he had to release her into God's purposes.

My wife and I had to intervene and quietly and forcibly suggest to the pastor that the prayers that were needed for the woman were prayers of peace and that she would be drawn closer into God's warm embrace and that she, in her death, would be God's witness to her neighbours as she faded away a day or so later.

At her funeral, her witness of her faith was explained to her friends and neighbours and it was a funeral where hope was preached. It become a time of praise and wonder at the working of God in the lives of people.

Example 2: -

My mother suffered an intestinal hemorrhage and was bleeding out. She was 91 years old, my father had passed away a year or so previously, she was now blind and on blood thinners for her heart conditions. The family, my four sisters and myself, knew that it was her time to die as her quality of life was very poor. She was now bed ridden. On the Sunday morning the family gathered at the hospital to be with her and my wife and I had skipped church to be there. We had advised a member of the church family that we would not be able to attend and this was passed onto the pastor of the church. We, as a family, had not asked for any prayers, but the pastor of the church we were attending took it upon himself to take authority to pray for a miracle healing so that she would live. The doctors at the hospital gave her medication to counteract the blood thinners she was on and replaced her blood using 17 bags of blood to help her blood to clot and stop the hemorrhaging. She lived for a further six months but her quality of life was no longer there and she suffered greatly during this time.

The pastor of the church used our situation to demonstrate his spiritual prowess to the church and so he prayed for a miracle to occur and for her to live. I have not told my sisters about the pastor praying for a miracle, nor would in be wise to do so. It would not be a good witness for some of my sisters.

A few months later this pastor asked us to leave "his" church. He was very controlling and dominating. A little later he was asked to leave by the leadership elders because he was spiraling out of control. The "denominational body" replaced him with a new pastor with the same characteristics and it has continued nudging closure ever since.

The point I am making above, from my experience, is that God will heal people when it is in His will to do so, or he can withdraw and allow the circumstances to unfold to teach us a lesson about how we should pray.

The better prayer, I find in most circumstances, is to pray that God will include the person, we are praying for, among those whom He will draw to Himself and then leave the manner and miracles up to God to decide as to how He will achieve this prayer request. If God then prompts us to pray for a specific outcome to suit His purposes, then yes, we should follow that leading and pray accordingly at the appropriate time.

Physical healing is not always the appropriate outcome within God's will.

So often we rush into praying a prayer based on what we know from what we have been told and asked for by the person, without first establishing what God's will, within the circumstances that we find ourselves in, really is.

Shalom

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, so often, that is our desire because of our own fear of dying.

Let me give two examples: -

Example 1: -

A pastor friend of ours, prayed for a woman who had AIDS and was dying, and God allowed her life to be extended for a period of about three months while she was getting right with God. The woman gave away her idols, but the people she had given her idols to returned them to her because of the "bad luck" that they brought them. The woman had to destroy all of the idols that she owned. Her witness during those three months allowed the Gospel to be preached to her neighbours in a very practical way.

After the three months of her getting right with God, the AIDS took a new hold on her life and she began to die quickly and the pastor took us to her house with him to pray for her to be healed again. He was wanting to demonstrate his power again by healing her but her body was slowly shutting down and he had to release her into God's purposes.

My wife and I had to intervene and quietly and forcibly suggest to the pastor that the prayers that were needed for the woman were prayers of peace and that she would be drawn closer into God's warm embrace and that she, in her death, would be God's witness to her neighbours as she faded away a day or so later.

At her funeral, her witness of her faith was explained to her friends and neighbours and it was a funeral where hope was preached. It become a time of praise and wonder at the working of God in the lives of people.

Example 2: -

My mother suffered an intestinal hemorrhage and was bleeding out. She was 91 years old, my father had passed away a year or so previously, she was now blind and on blood thinners for her heart conditions. The family, my four sisters and myself, knew that it was her time to die as her quality of life was very poor. She was now bed ridden. On the Sunday morning the family gathered at the hospital to be with her and my wife and I had skipped church to be there. We had advised a member of the church family that we would not be able to attend and this was passed onto the pastor of the church. We, as a family, had not asked for any prayers, but the pastor of the church we were attending took it upon himself to take authority to pray for a miracle healing so that she would live. The doctors at the hospital gave her medication to counteract the blood thinners she was on and replaced her blood using 17 bags of blood to help her blood to clot and stop the hemorrhaging. She lived for a further six months but her quality of life was no longer there and she suffered greatly during this time.

The pastor of the church used our situation to demonstrate his spiritual prowess to the church and so he prayed for a miracle to occur and for her to live. I have not told my sisters about the pastor praying for a miracle, nor would in be wise to do so. It would not be a good witness for some of my sisters.

A few months later this pastor asked us to leave "his" church. He was very controlling and dominating. A little later he was asked to leave by the leadership elders because he was spiraling out of control. The "denominational body" replaced him with a new pastor with the same characteristics and it has continued nudging closure ever since.

The point I am making above, from my experience, is that God will heal people when it is in His will to do so, or he can withdraw and allow the circumstances to unfold to teach us a lesson about how we should pray.

The better prayer, I find in most circumstances, is to pray that God will include the person, we are praying for, among those whom He will draw to Himself and then leave the manner and miracles up to God to decide as to how He will achieve this prayer request. If God then prompts us to pray for a specific outcome to suit His purposes, then yes, we should follow that leading and pray accordingly at the appropriate time.

Physical healing is not always the appropriate outcome within God's will.

So often we rush into praying a prayer based on what we know from what we have been told and asked for by the person, without first establishing what God's will, within the circumstances that we find ourselves in, really is.

Shalom
Yes I have learned this lesson VERY WELL not too long ago. It almost tested me beyond my ability to continue to have faith in God to ever heal or perform miracles.
I screamed at Him the day Little Jack died and said "what does it take to get a miracle from you....I prayed in faith believing, agreed in prayer with others, spoke your Word, and everything you tell me to do I did....so I don't know what it takes to get you to perform a miracle."
Then for 2 weeks my thoughts were bombarded with depression and fear and defeat and I would say out loud I need to pray....then a voice in my mind would say why bother He doesn't answer anyway....after 2 weeks I was in bad shape...and I knew I needed to pray and as soon as I thought about praying that voice started why bother....and I SHOUTED GET OUT OF MY HEAD SATAN!!!! I may not understand why God chooses to heal some and not others but no matter what I will serve Him and Praise Him and I will never deny Him.
Well that was when the Holy Spirit began speaking to me and showed me how I always demand Him to perform instead of asking His Will first.
So I KNOW exactly what you mean....I do believe I had experienced the trial by fire of my faith that year.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . . with prayer and supplication, making your requests known to God . . . Casting all your cares on Him . . .

I haven't found any limits to what I can talk to my Father about. This isn't following some code of what you can and can't pray, its sharing life with my Father, including interceding for others.

It is for freedom Christ set us free, so don't get all tangled up in a yoke of slavery.

Much love!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . . with prayer and supplication, making your requests known to God . . . Casting all your cares on Him . . .

I haven't found any limits to what I can talk to my Father about. This isn't following some code of what you can and can't pray, its sharing life with my Father, including interceding for others.

It is for freedom Christ set us free, so don't get all tangled up in a yoke of slavery.

Much love!
I feel the same as you but it did cause my faith to waver when He didnt answer my prayer requests....twice.....concerning healing.....when my husband was dying and when little Jack died.
Most of the time I pray and intercede for others. I hardly ever pray for my own needs because I know He knows what I have need of and will supply accordingly.
But I am learning to pray differently....I pray seeking His Will before I ask Him to answer my prayer....I don't want my prayer to be in vain and be what I want without knowing what He wants as well.

Reactions: Nancy and My Dreams

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel the same as you but it did cause my faith to waver when He didnt answer my prayer requests....twice.....concerning healing.....when my husband was dying and when little Jack died.
Most of the time I pray and intercede for others. I hardly ever pray for my own needs because I know He knows what I have need of and will supply accordingly.
But I am learning to pray differently....I pray seeking His Will before I ask Him to answer my prayer....I don't want my prayer to be in vain and be what I want without knowing what He wants as well.

I pray less for myself than I used to. Mostly that my faith be strong.

I always think back to a sermon I heard once, the pastor was talking about the proverbial teenage crush as the each lay in their beds talking on the phone til 2 am, and one finally has to go to sleep, but says, Don't hang up the phone, just lay it down on the pillow, and we'll still be connected. That's how it is with God. Never hang up the phone.

That changed how I think of prayer. I thought that was an excellent suggestion, never disconnect. As soon as I realize God has left the forefront of my thoughts, well, I just want to notice that as quickly as possible, and get my mind back on Him. His presence with me, His love for me, His power in me. Sharing my life with my Creator Who loves me. And pretty much everything comes up in the course of converstation!

Much love!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Friends, you can pray, let our living God deliver, every people, who are under the grip of CORONAVIRUS and its problems. Also let God bless the faith of every believers, also help them in their situation and He be glorified, during this CORONA VIRUS outbreak.

God bless!
We need all the prayers we can give and get. As Christian believers we have the righteousness of God in Christ, and therefore the promise that the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous and His ears are open to their prayers (Psalm 34:15).

The antidote to fear and panic is Philippians 4:6-7:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

There is a great promise to hold onto, like my friend whom I knew in the 1960s who survived the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic which killed many in NZ:
"You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked"
(Psalm 91:5-8).

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray less for myself than I used to. Mostly that my faith be strong.

I always think back to a sermon I heard once, the pastor was talking about the proverbial teenage crush as the each lay in their beds talking on the phone til 2 am, and one finally has to go to sleep, but says, Don't hang up the phone, just lay it down on the pillow, and we'll still be connected. That's how it is with God. Never hang up the phone.

That changed how I think of prayer. I thought that was an excellent suggestion, never disconnect. As soon as I realize God has left the forefront of my thoughts, well, I just want to notice that as quickly as possible, and get my mind back on Him. His presence with me, His love for me, His power in me. Sharing my life with my Creator Who loves me. And pretty much everything comes up in the course of converstation!

Much love!
Yes!!! And the conversation just flows...He is the only one I have ever known as a Father.
And I love talking to Him just pouring out what's on my mind and heart.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did God deliver the Egyptians from the plagues ? No.

Did God deliver (protect) the Israelites (His People He Chose out from all other nations) ?
?
Yes.
Why ?

Did God test the Israelites ?

Yes.

Was God Faithful to the Israelites ?

Yes.

Is God Faithful TODAY to everyone in Christ Jesus, who has their heart circumcised (not by human hands) ?

Yes.

God cannot be unfaithful.

God is not a man, that He could lie.

Before Creation, God Provided Extravagantly Generously in His Creation Provisions, Means, Methods, for His Purpose.

Always, God watches over His children, even as they/we/ sleep.

HE , and no one else, gets the credit for the deliverance from the viruses. (all viruses, so far)

Man gets the credit for causing all the problems ! (not trusting God)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi H2S,
I'm so sorry for what you had to go through, my heart hurts for you sister. You and I both are learning to pray differently. His will is something I think we all should be seeking first, for sure, and that includes death. I've prayed for miracle healing's for many in my family but, God took them regardless...it was their time to go; He has numbered our days - Psalms 39:4-5 Psalms 102:23-24. Who are we to even try to prolong the life of a 90 year old who is dying of natural causes? Are we trying to say "NO GOD!!! they must live! So then, with all this technology is able to keep dying folks alive but, usually living a very low quality of "life".
Agreed- this too is where my prayer life has brought me...intercessory prayer! And yes, He knows our needs, we do not need to pray for them...our faith keeps us ✝.

"But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

I had initially been taught this healing was physical but...over the many years, my belief is this is speaking more spiritual healing. Not that there is no gift of healing, I have never truly studied healing so can't really speak to it.

So, since we are soldiers of the Cross, we shall carry on, press into that high calling of Christ!!!
God bless and keep you, :)

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh good grief. Another verse taken out of context to try and say we literally can ask for anything and if we have enough faith it will be done. No. That is not what Scripture teaches. If our will is aligned with God's what we seek is God's will, THEN it will be given to us.