God's Desire is that All Men be Saved!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe God's Word!!
God Would Have ALL Men to be Saved!!

2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. == A stake in the false teaching Calvinism's heart!

Reactions: Helen and Base12

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God's Word really need to be "carifyed" ?? 1Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. == A stake in the false teaching Calvinism's heart!

Reactions: Helen and marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It needs to be clarified that this passage does not teach Universalism.

While God desires that all men be saved, this does not preclude that all men will be saved, even though the Lord is Omnipotent; and love never fails.

Because the Holy Spirit is a gentleman. Since it is required of us that we might have an obedient heart, God doesn't force salvation (and thereby obedience to His Lordship) on us.

He gives us a free choice in the matter.

Reactions: Invisibilis

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Extreme Sovereignty= The Worst Doctrine in the Body of Christ!! Exposed.
The belief that God controls everything that happens to us is one of the devil’s biggest inroads into our lives. If this belief is true, then our actions are irrelevant, and our efforts are meaningless. What will be will be.

If we believe that God wills everything, good or bad, to happen to us, it gives us some temporary relief from confusion and condemnation, but in the long-term, it slanders God, hinders our trust in God, and leads to passiveness.
t is assumed that since God is paramount or supreme that nothing can happen without His approval. That is not what the Scriptures teach. In 2 Peter 3:9, Peter said, “The Lord is…not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” This clearly states that it is not the Lord’s will for anyone to perish, but people are perishing. Jesus said, “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat” (Matt. 7:13). Relatively few people are saved compared to the number that are lost. God’s will for people concerning salvation is not being accomplished.

This is because the Lord gave us the freedom to choose. He doesn’t will anyone into hell. He paid for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2; 1 Tim. 4:10), but we must choose to put our faith in Christ and receive His salvation. People are the ones choosing hell by not choosing Jesus as their Savior. It is the free will of man that damns them, not God.

People virtually have to climb over the roadblocks that God puts in their way to continue on their course to hell. The cross of Christ and the drawing power of the Holy Spirit are obstacles that every sinner encounters. No one will ever stand before God and be able to fault Him for withholding the opportunity to be saved. The Lord woos every person to Him, but we have to cooperate. Ultimately, the Lord simply enforces the consequences of people’s own choices.

God has a perfect plan for every person’s life (Jer. 29:11), but He doesn’t make us walk that path. We are free moral agents with the ability to choose. He has told us what the right choices are (Deut. 30:19), but He doesn’t make those choices for us. God gave us the power to control our destinies.
Man has been given the authority over his own life, but he must have the Lord’s direction to succeed. Jeremiah 10:23 says, “O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.” God created us to be dependent upon Him and our independence is at the root of all our problems. As if it wasn’t bad enough for man to try to run his affairs independently of God and His standards, it has been made even worse by religion teaching us that all our problems are actually blessings from God. That is a faith killer. It makes people totally passive.

James 4:7 says, “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” This verse makes it clear that some things are from God, and some from the devil. We must submit to the things that are of God and resist the things that are from the devil. The word “resist” means, “Actively fight against.” Saying “Whatever will be will be” is not actively fighting against the devil.

If a person really believed that God is the one who put sickness on them because He is trying to work something for good in their life, then they should not go to the doctor or take any medicine. That would be resisting God’s plans. They should let the sickness run its course and thereby get the full benefit of God’s correction. Of course, no one advocates that. That is absurd. It is even more absurd to believe that God is the one behind the tragedy.

Acts 10:38 says that Jesus healed all those who were oppressed OF THE DEVIL. It was not God who oppressed them with sickness. It was the devil. It’s the same today. Sickness is from the devil, not from God. We need to resist sickness and, by faith, submit ourselves to healing, which is from God through the atonement of Christ.
od is sovereign in the sense that He is paramount and supreme. There is no one higher in authority or power, but that does not mean He exercises His power by controlling everything in our lives. God has given us the freedom to choose. He has a plan for us. He seeks to reveal that plan to us and urge us in that direction, but we choose. He doesn’t make our choices for us.

In many instances, it is our wrong choices that bring disaster upon us. In other cases, our problems are nothing but an attack from the devil. In some cases, natural forces of an imperfect world cause us pain. Our tragedies are never the judgment or correction of God. Jesus came to give us abundant life. The devil came to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10). Don’t ever get that confused. If it’s good, it’s God. If it’s bad, it’s the devil.

This is a fundamental doctrine of Christianity that must be understood properly if you want victory in your life. Believing that God controls everything renders a person passive. Why pray and believe for something better? Whatever God wants will come to pass. That simply is not true.

The Lord is the answer to all our problems. He is not the problem. A.W.

Reactions: Renniks and Nancy

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God's Word really need to be "carifyed" ?? 1Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. == A stake in the false teaching Calvinism's heart!
So are you saying what God's will doesn't always come to pass?
Or that man's freewill is more powerful than God's will?
Are you aware that Calvinists will explain your 'stake' verse by saying 'God is not willing that any of His elect should perish', thus in accord with...

John 10:26-29 KJV
[26] But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. [27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. [29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is because the Lord gave us the freedom to choose. He doesn’t will anyone into hell. He paid for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2; 1 Tim. 4:10), but we must choose to put our faith in Christ and receive His salvation. People are the ones choosing hell by not choosing Jesus as their Savior. It is the free will of man that damns them, not God.
In Rom 3:27 Paul asks the question 'where is boasting?' by your 'free will' explanation there is room as wide as an eight lane freeway for boasting, i.e. "WE believed (WE chose Him), too bad about the rest of you".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Rom 3:27 Paul asks the question 'where is boasting?' by your 'free will' explanation there is room as wide as an eight lane freeway for boasting, i.e. "WE believed (WE chose Him), too bad about the rest of you".
Rather, it is the Lord who imparts faith: and it is not a reason for boasting for those who have faith; but rather an indictment on those who don't.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe God's Word!!

1Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. == A stake in the false teaching Calvinism's heart!

and all men will not be saved how's that fit your narrow view of the text posted? if God choses all men then why aren't all men saved. if you say because men don't chose God your are incorrect because no man is saved unless God has chosen to save men, any man at all. and the revelation of that chose to save any man goes back to

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Calvinism is one thing that is man made theology, just as freewill is another thing that is man made theology. but if God chose all men then why did He chose Abram? and not all men? or even God chose Noah and his family and destroyed the rest. its always been God will because it was His will to give Adam and Eve the Life He gave them but it was lost. hence that chose was made for you when you come into the world and its God's chose to make available the restoration of that Life of God's likeness and image to what He has chosen. not it wasn't Adam and Eve.

what God choses is what is His, if its not there, then why would He chose what doesn't have what is His for Him? when Jesus walked amongst God's "chosen" people He looked for what? and that is what belongs to God that is His and He has already chosen what is His before He sent His Word into the world to find it.

also the same books preach one must be called, then chosen then faithful. also the same books preach all maybe called but not all are chosen. oops there's that word chosen.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that TULIP falls in on itself when you look at it in depth.

Love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8a); which indicates to me that Irresistible Grace is the reality.

This leads us to believe either in Limited Atonement or Universalism (there is no middle ground as far as I can tell).

Limited Atonement is not the reality because Jesus gave His life as a ransom for all (1 Timothy 2:6).

Universalism is not the reality because there is a hell that people go to (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:46).

Therefore Irresistible Grace is not the reality.

I conclude that love never fails to give every man a choice in the matter of whether he will be obedient to the Lord in faith and enter heaven; or be disobedient and go to hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not saying that any is Right or Wrong, but consider this, 2 Timothy 2:20 "But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour".
but here's the KICKER, the very next verse. 2 Timothy 2:21 "If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. THAT'S THE KICKER, "if".

Now knowing this, lets go to Romans 9:14 "What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

Romans 9:15 "For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Romans 9:16 "So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. (ONE MIGHT WANT TO READ THAT AGAIN).

Romans 9:17 "For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Romans 9:18 "Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Romans 9:19 "Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

Romans 9:20 "Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Romans 9:21 "Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

we suggest many should re-read those scriptures for clarity.

PICJAG.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather, it is the Lord who imparts faith: and it is not a reason for boasting for those who have faith; but rather an indictment on those who don't.
So why do the Scriptures say 'not all men have faith'?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why do the Scriptures say 'not all men have faith'?
not trying to get into your conversatation, but consider this. we all start out with the same amount of God given faith, but we must do something also... add to what we was given. supportive scripture.

A. God gives us all the measure of Faith. Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith".

B. now we add to it. 2 Peter 1:5 "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2 Peter 1:6 "And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

2 Peter 1:7 "And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

2 Peter 1:8 "For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:9 "But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

2 Peter 1:10 "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

2 Peter 1:11 "For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

hoped this helped.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Nancy

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Are you aware that Calvinists will explain your 'stake' verse by saying 'God is not willing that any of His elect should perish', thus in accord with...

[26] But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. [27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. [29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

1 Timothy 2:4 shows God's preceptive will in what God desires, wishes of man. God has made a pathway to salvation available to man through Christ and therefore it is God's desire, wish that all men take that pathway of salvation. Yet all men will not take that pathway to salvation through Christ therefore God does not always get what He desires of man, see Matthew 23:37 where Jesus "would-willed" but those Jews "would-willed not".

All that happens therefore is controlled by God's will, whether it be God's preceptive will, decretive will or permissive will. Those men who of their own free will who do as God desires, then it happened for God desired it to happen in man following His commands. Men of their own free will can choose to NOT do as God desires but that disobedience comes with a high price of being lost eternally. So yes, man can go against God's preceptive will but it will cost a man a price he cannot afford to pay.

Reactions: Nancy and 101G

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry I couldn't find your response (or point) in that link.
Sorry. The original link wasn't on page 1...

If Children come from Hell, how did they get there to begin with?

Long story short, the 'Middle Ground' option you referred to is Reincarnation. And yes, it's Biblical.

Christians are taught otherwise, thus we have these same tired arguments, day after day, week after week, month after month... you get the idea.

Universalists are close, but they fall short of the Mark.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"So are you saying what God's will doesn't always come to pass?"
If God planned it that way then yes but, did His will come to pass when Adam and Eve did not eat from the tree of life? Was it not His will that they should have eaten of the tree of life?

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Believe God's Word!!

Man was made in the image of God. Those who have been baptized into Christ bear the image of God and will be saved in the day of judgement. All others are in the image of Adam who sinned: and he is as a beast in the sight of God.