Gods favor.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I just have one question for those on this forum who keep trying to put others down for the way they worship God.
Are you seeking Gods favor or are you looking for Gods favoritism ? If you are you will be waiting forever as God does not do that.
That's all folks !

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just have one question for those on this forum who keep trying to put others down for the way they worship God.
Are you seeking Gods favor or are you looking for Gods favoritism ? If you are you will be waiting forever as God does not do that.
That's all folks !

just what do you mean by the way they worship? or do you really mean "what" they worship? and would that include yourself?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
just what do you mean by the way they worship? or do you really mean "what" they worship? and would that include yourself?
So you too???? You have no doubt read a couple of bits here and there and made assumptions from a couple of lines in the posts, instead of having read them properly.
I suggest that I leave you be, and perhaps you could be decent enough to so likewise to me, as I am simply not interested in wasting time replying to the put downs and /or sarcasm I get from a couple of people on this forum, and now you too.
If you don't understand what I wrote, that's too bad.....I had thought that even a child would have understood that one, I kept it as short and concise as I possibly could.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am simply not interested in wasting time replying to the put downs and /or sarcasm I get from a couple of people on this forum,

Like who? If I'm one of those people, just put me on your "ignore list".

o

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:oops:

o
Haha!! No, I am very sure it is not you... :D
If you have been ready things Pia posted and the responses that she got...then you would know who the people are that seem to think that their ministry on this site is to challenge , disagree, or squash what some people share....while they themselves don't seem to share anything very uplifting or encouraging.
One person PM'd me this morning , telling me that he was leaving the site for that very reason. :oops:

Last edited:

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

o
Not once have I said that about you. Actually I have written a few posts to you thanking you for what you write...I won't use the 'ignore' button again as it has a side effect , but if someone gets too silly I just stop answering them. No Job, I have no problem with you at all. :)

Reactions: Job

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not once have I said that about you. Actually I have written a few posts to you thanking you for what you write...I won't use the 'ignore' button again as it has a side effect , but if someone gets too silly I just stop answering them. No Job, I have no problem with you at all. :)

Some people take themselves too seriously, so a bit of silliness would be considered medicine for this website. ;)

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just wondering....

The reason I asked is because I can be pretty blunt sometimes. I don't mean to, it's just the way I am.

Anyway, thanks.

o

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just wondering....

The reason I asked is because I can be pretty blunt sometimes. I don't mean to, it's just the way I am.

Anyway, thanks.

o
Nothing wrong with making your point clear, blunt or otherwise. I actually prefer people to be 'up front' instead of like a couple on this forum who starts off pretending to be interested in something, and then when people take the time to reply to them, they go on the attack...That I, for one, do not appreciate ( I am not including you in this, just so we're clear ).
Thanks Job.....

Reactions: Pisteuo and Job

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some people take themselves too seriously, so a bit of silliness would be considered medicine for this website. ;)
Certainly laughter is a wonderful thing, and I agree, we should have a lighter tone some of the time here. Aren't we supposed to be in Joy?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly laughter is a wonderful thing, and I agree, we should have a lighter tone some of the time here. Aren't we supposed to be in Joy?

Yep, but we live in a 'lets pretend' society, where we are conditioned to put on a smiley face to passersby. It doesn't matter if our own personal lives could be falling apart, just gotta keep up that happy face. But on the internet, all bets are off. Behind the safety and privacy of the computer, the mask tends to come off and people start showing their true colors. The way people converse with each other over Facebook they wouldn't dare say to peoples face. This is what you are seeing on this website. That "no good thing" within them that Paul referred to rears its ugly head.

Reactions: Helen and pia

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That depends on how much you value your salvation,

Jealousy is a rather serious flaw in so many christians, We all have teh same spirit, some just choose men and there own learning over Him.

Mar 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

good thing we have a loving patient God, there would be so many "christians" getting thrown into teh sea with stones around there necks.

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's all folks !
Pia,

Many think that their skeletons are not as bad as other peoples skeletons, so it really comes down to people putting other people's skeletons down. But you know what, they're all dead. Some are those who realize this and cling to Jesus for life. Then there's others who ignore their own skeletons, and for this God will judge them.

Reactions: pia and Pisteuo

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you too???? You have no doubt read a couple of bits here and there and made assumptions from a couple of lines in the posts, instead of having read them properly.
I suggest that I leave you be, and perhaps you could be decent enough to so likewise to me, as I am simply not interested in wasting time replying to the put downs and /or sarcasm I get from a couple of people on this forum, and now you too.
If you don't understand what I wrote, that's too bad.....I had thought that even a child would have understood that one, I kept it as short and concise as I possibly could.

I asked simple questions to your OP. it seems you are ready to take offence to that. why? does the shoe fit? or are you seeking to rally an "us against them" group?

if you have no wicked intent, then why should you be offended?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wondering....

Anyway, thanks.

o
MY wife was always a very blunt person from when I met her many years ago. In the beginning it was bluntness without God. But... a few years after our marriage it was bluntness in God and with God. Bluntness can be a very good thing, but it does need to be directed by the Spirit of God in you.

God knows what He placed in you. When He wants to use you it wouldn't be surprising for Him to work through those thing He put in you. Don't be grieved because of what you are. Rather let God make something more out of you. He will.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MY wife was always a very blunt person from when I met her many years ago. In the beginning it was bluntness without God. But... a few years after our marriage it was bluntness in God and with God. Bluntness can be a very good thing, but it does need to be directed by the Spirit of God in you.

God knows what He placed in you. When He wants to use you it wouldn't be surprising for Him to work through those thing He put in you. Don't be grieved because of what you are. Rather let God make something more out of you. He will.

Thanks man. :D

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I asked simple questions to your OP. it seems you are ready to take offence to that. why? does the shoe fit? or are you seeking to rally an "us against them" group?

if you have no wicked intent, then why should you be offended?
No, you implied that I worship something other than God / Jesus, and that perhaps I am trying to make an us against them situation, which proves to me, that you couldn't have read very much at all of what I have written, which is why I thought it a waste of time getting into some long debate about it. I am not taking offense, but I only have so much time in a day to be on my computer, so I would rather use that time productively..If you believe me to be of wicked intent, then don't read it, or go to the moderators and ask them to remove me...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, amen!! I love that hymn its a good oldie. ✟

Reactions: amadeus