God's Gifts of Peace. Healing, and Prosperity are for His Family!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Gifts of Peace. Healing, and Prosperity are for His Family! Why allow satan to deceive and cause you to reject God's blessings. 3rd. John 1:2 Beloved, I desire you to prosper concerning all things, and to be in health, even as your soul prospers.

The Lord will make you abound in prosperity, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your beast and in the produce of your ground, in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers to give you. Psalm 118:25

The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, without painful toil for it. Proverbs 10:22

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm . . . I don't see the Apostle Paul sharing in these worldly concepts. Are you sure that the "real" Promises and Blessings don't ultimately point towards heaven?

Why allow satan to deceive and cause you to reject God's blessings. 3rd. John 1:2 Beloved, I desire you to prosper concerning all things, and to be in health, even as your soul prospers.

The Lord will make you abound in prosperity, in the offspring of your body and in the offspring of your beast and in the produce of your ground, in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers to give you. Psalm 118:25

The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, without painful toil for it. Proverbs 10:22

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why allow satan to deceive and cause you to reject God's blessings. 3rd. John 1:2 Beloved, I desire you to prosper concerning all things and to be in health, even as your soul prospers.

I hear what you're saying. Do you have a New Testament example of these being common blessings amongst the average Christian? I might be wrong, but I don't recall anyone in the New Testament living this way. Hey . . . I've been wrong before. :)

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear what you're saying. Do you have a New Testament example of these being common blessings amongst the average Christian? I might be wrong, but I don't recall anyone in the New Testament living this way. Hey . . . I've been wrong before. :)

Hey D.
You are wasting your time here, really.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that all there is is the well-wishing by John to the recipient of his 3rd epistle in 3 John 1:2

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, the early disciples had all things common; and they distributed their wealth commonly among the people; some of them selling houses and laying the proceeds at the apostles' feet.

Later, there was a distribution of wealth from the Gentiles to Israel.

But, I wonder if 2 Corinthians 8:9 has any bearing on this discussion.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that all there is is the well-wishing by John to the recipient of his 3rd epistle in 3 John 1:2

That's an interesting verse. Most translations make it seem clear that John "wished" that these people were well. This would be a far cry from the Lord Causing health, wealth and prosperity as a Promise or Blessing fulfilled.

Thanks for the verse! :)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm . . . this is referring to a Spiritual "richness," wouldn't you think? Seems like this is reflective of Christ on the Cross who became separated from God so as to bring us close. Maybe? :)
Possibly. It might be the other thing too, however. :)

Jesus coming down from His heavenly mansion to give of His wealth to the poor...

I know that He said that in His Father's house are many mansions.

It makes me wonder about what it means that His will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who finds this Word of God hard to understand???
3rd. John 1:2 Beloved, I desire you to prosper concerning all things, and to be in health, even as your soul prospers.