God's Mercy Endures Forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
9-5-19

Psalm One Thirty Six: God's Mercy Endures For Ever:

Psalm 136
King James Bible Par ▾
2 Chronicles 7:1-3; Psalm 135:1-21)

1O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

2O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.

3O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

4To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.

5To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.

6To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.

7To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:

8The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever:

9The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.

10To him that smote Egypt in their firstborn: for his mercy endureth for ever:

11And brought out Israel from among them: for his mercy endureth for ever:

12With a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm: for his mercy endureth for ever.

13To him which divided the Red sea into parts: for his mercy endureth for ever:

14And made Israel to pass through the midst of it: for his mercy endureth for ever:

15But overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea: for his mercy endureth for ever.

16To him which led his people through the wilderness: for his mercy endureth for ever.

17To him which smote great kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

18And slew famous kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

19Sihon king of the Amorites: for his mercy endureth for ever:

20And Og the king of Bashan: for his mercy endureth for ever:

21And gave their land for an heritage: for his mercy endureth for ever:

22Even an heritage unto Israel his servant: for his mercy endureth for ever.

23Who remembered us in our low estate: for his mercy endureth for ever:

24And hath redeemed us from our enemies: for his mercy endureth for ever.

25Who giveth food to all flesh: for his mercy endureth for ever.

26O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.
I think the psalmist is trying to say His mercy endureth forever.. lol

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
9-5-19

Psalm One Thirty Six: God's Mercy Endures Forever:

Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 136 - New International Version

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever."

Yes, His mercy endureth for ever, but to whom does it apply at any time?

"Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy." Matt 5:7

"For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath showed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment." James 2:13

Give God the glory!

Let us remember well the natural children of Israel to whom God showed mercy until they had rebelled against Him ten times:

"Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;" Num 14:22

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us remember well the natural children of Israel to whom God showed mercy until they had rebelled against Him ten times:

"Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;" Num 14:22
Same as above . . . salvation by works?

Why do you want to take away mercy from God's children?

The steadfast love of the Lord Never Ceases. His mercies they never come to an end.

What are saved for, if not to receive God's mercy? Would you throw us all back into the works of law? The one who keeps all the Law, they one shall live? Or the righteous will live by faith?

You have to choose . . . once and for all . . . it's by faith, or by works. But it cannot be by both that we are accepted by God.

You want to define our new covenant relationship with God by the terms of the old covenant. But living your life believing you must keep the Law - any law - to be accepted and blessed by God will only cause sin to thrive in your life. So the more you try to keep the law the more you find you can't, because that's how it works.

There is no righteousness by our works. None. Filthy rags. In fact God's mercy Does Endure Forever.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same as above . . . salvation by works?

Why do you want to take away mercy from God's children?

The steadfast love of the Lord Never Ceases. His mercies they never come to an end.

What are saved for, if not to receive God's mercy? Would you throw us all back into the works of law? The one who keeps all the Law, they one shall live? Or the righteous will live by faith?

You have to choose . . . once and for all . . . it's by faith, or by works. But it cannot be by both that we are accepted by God.

You want to define our new covenant relationship with God by the terms of the old covenant. But living your life believing you must keep the Law - any law - to be accepted and blessed by God will only cause sin to thrive in your life. So the more you try to keep the law the more you find you can't, because that's how it works.

There is no righteousness by our works. None. Filthy rags. In fact God's mercy Does Endure Forever.

Much love!
So the psalm quoted in the OP applies, but the verses I cited do not? If you are saying that a person cannot quench the Holy Spirit, why did Apostle Paul warn us not to do so?

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

Should we throw out all of the verses which do not fit your doctrine? You did not respond to the verses I quoted and explain to whom they do apply, if not to you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See Psalm 136. :)
God's mercy certainly will last forever as that psalm makes clear, but that means He is always merciful that that mercy will always be extended. God has set a limit to how much mercy He will extend to any man dependent upon what is in the man's heart.

For Adam and Eve, who disobeyed the one rule they were required to obey, God's mercy was given to their descendants who took no part in the decision to disobey. Each of those descendants if he lived long enough to do so, also came to his own place of disobedience. Some obtained mercy allowing them to receive salvation, but...

"But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:" Matt 3:7-8

How many in the end of the matter have the same problem as those Pharisees and Sadducees of old?

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God's mercy certainly will last forever as that psalm makes clear, but that means He is always merciful that that mercy will always be extended. God has set a limit to how much mercy He will extend to any man dependent upon what is in the man's heart.

For Adam and Eve, who disobeyed the one rule they were required to obey, God's mercy was given to their descendants who took no part in the decision to disobey. Each of those descendants if he lived long enough to do so, also came to his own place of disobedience. Some obtained mercy allowing them to receive salvation, but...

"But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:" Matt 3:7-8

How many in the end of the matter have the same problem as those Pharisees and Sadducees of old?

what people fail 2 realize is dat God is all merciful, loving, wrathful, and just all simultaneously just read exd 34:4-7 but they wont do dat coz people have carnal ears and only hear the cushy parts dat please dem dats why Christ came 2 save us from the carnal nature so we'd have ears 2 hear!!

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what people fail 2 realize is dat God is all merciful, loving, wrathful, and just all simultaneously just read exd 34:4-7 but they wont do dat coz people have carnal ears and only hear the cushy parts dat please dem dats why Christ came 2 save us from the carnal nature so we'd have ears 2 hear!!
I hear you my friend!
Give God the glory!

Reactions: DoveSpirit05