God's Will: Be creative??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I asked Him what I was specifically called to do He said to await His instructions and do the creative things I had in my heart to serve Him.

This was not what I wanted to hear. I wanted a straightforward list that I could unthinkingly conform to.

Thankfully, my husband is wise and he helped me figure out that God is not wanting me to robotically follow His commands each day but to use Godly wisdom and the liberty we have in Christ to come up with ways to serve Him and love others.

He wants to see what I do. "Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom."

I still think God tells people to do specific things. But in this season, He seems to want me not to be afraid to step out and do creative ministry.

I have several ideas to try. Does anyone relate to this?

If you think about it, we will judge angels in the New Heavens and the earth. We need a certain amount of autonomy to do things like that.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
When I asked Him what I was specifically called to do He said to await His instructions and do the creative things I had in my heart to serve Him.

This was not what I wanted to hear. I wanted a straightforward list that I could unthinkingly conform to.

Thankfully, my husband is wise and he helped me figure out that God is not wanting me to robotically follow His commands each day but to use Godly wisdom and the liberty we have in Christ to come up with ways to serve Him and love others.

I still think God tells people to do specific things. But in this season, He seems to want me not to be afraid to step out and do creative ministry.

If you think about it, we will judge angels in the New Heavens and the earth. We need a certain amount of autonomy to do things like that.
@Wynona To a large extent the will of God revolves round what is revealed in Scripture.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Women I think are better at creatively helping others. I pray you are inspired to this end :pray:. There are a lot of creative ways to proclaim the gospel that people have come up with and it makes it pleasing. The one thing I can think of is the illustrated bible for youth. It makes the bible fun. But for adults I think there are creative ways that could make it more fun also. :Happy:

Reactions: Wynona

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some creative ways of helping the homeless that people have said to me in the past is coming up with gift packages that include food, drink and hygiene supplies. I think @stunnedbygrace mentioned something about that in another thread.

But I guess it depends on who it is that you can help.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Women I think are better at creatively helping others. I pray you are inspired to this end :pray:. There are a lot of creative ways to proclaim the gospel that people have come up with and it makes it pleasing. The one thing I can think of is the illustrated bible for youth. It makes the bible fun. But for adults I think there are creative ways that could make it more fun also. :Happy:

Since you mention it, my theory is that God may deal with men differently. Tabitha in the Bible made blankets and things for the saints before being resurrected from the dead.

I think God might have more specific callings for men but wants women to lean into that creative multi tasking talent.

Im open to being wrong on this.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some creative ways of helping the homeless that people have said to me in the past is coming up with gift packages that include food, drink and hygiene supplies. I think @stunnedbygrace mentioned something about that in another thread.

But I guess it depends on who it is that you can help.

I call these "blessing bags". They are great to have on hand. You can include a handwritten note.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you mention it, my theory is that God may deal with men differently. Tabitha in the Bible made blankets and things for the saints before being resurrected from the dead.

I think God might have more specific callings for men but wants women to lean into that creative multi tasking talent.

Im open to being wrong on this.
I'm more traditional when it comes to the roles of men and women. So I understand. God created men and women different yet similar. God knows what is appropriate, and perhaps I don't really know.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I call these "blessing bags". They are great to have on hand. You can include a handwritten note.
Yep and they're also good to have in the trunk of your car in case of emergency and you actually need it yourself.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

God is a Heavenly Artist.

His Palette: is all of Creation
His Colors: are LIFE
His Brush: is His Word

End Result?

Beauty.

The beauty of Holiness
The beauty of Nature
The beauty of LIFE
The beauty of Truth
The beauty of Forgiveness
The beauty of The Cross
The beauty of the Word
The beauty of being born again, which is Christ in you, the hope of Glory (Glory is Heaven).

Being artistic.....creative, ....... is to create. And to create is to be like God.
God is the original Creator.
He Created us to Create.

I just created this Post.
You reader will do the same, very soon.

"man is made in our image"..."likeness"... "like GOD".... and God is a CREATOR.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can be slow
We all can be at times, sister.

Thinking back more than 60 years to my time as a sincerely believing Catholic boy, I recall being very certain that I was right and that as a result I would win. It took decades for me to move away from that belief in my own ability and effort. I moved, but I was and am extremely slow... but it was not where I thought it was.

I have not won. God is the winner. I am... only when and if I am on His side...

Give God the glory!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

I believe that God gives us long and short-term ministries/goals to fulfill. I call those short-term ones, exploits. Those times when God uses us at short notice [random] or opens doors to assist in a situation where we are so blessed because we were obedient to his will. He uses everything we have for his kingdom and his glory! "Praises" 34y42t5.gif

Reactions: amadeus and Wynona