God's Will

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brittanybelieves

Oct 22, 2022
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all. I have been a believer for all of my life, however I have recently decided to take change and grow closer to the Lord and read the Bible in hopes to learn and have a better understanding. So I very much consider myself a Christian newbie.
A lot of the Bible is difficult to understand but I am trying my best. One thing I often question is if I am living a life that pleases God and His will for me or even questioning what His will is for me

I have been in a relationship for a year and some change. We have been going through a lot of downs and very little ups in the past little bit. He decided to end the relationship in August. It was a really difficult time for me. During the separation, I tried to grow closer to God and to work on myself to better myself. During this time I would pray that if it was God's will, he would bring us back together. I had a feeling that is not explainable that our time was not over with one another - like we were brought into each other's lives for a reason. I know God brings people into your life to teach a lesson, but I did not feel as if that is all we were meant to be to one another. Time passed and we did decide to get back together and try again - which I thought was God's doing. Things were going really well for 3 weeks and then I found out something that had happened when we were separated which bothered me and caused me hurt. I began to fall back into bad behaviors of no trust and what I had worked on seemed to disappear. I can admit my faults in this. Now we are broken up again - he is very hurt with words that I said and will not talk to me/says he is done with me.

This is very little detail as to what is going on with this relationship so I know it is not very helpful. My main confusion is I felt so strongly that God was showing me signs and giving me feelings as if our time with one another was not done and that He would restore us. I thought it had happened - although we never truly did the work needed as we reunited - we just kind of placed a bandaid over things instead of truly working through them. But now we are separated again and I don't understand why if it is God's will for us to be together. I know we did not put in the work like we should have and fell into old patterns, is God telling us we didn't quite learn what we needed to in time apart? I would just maybe like an opinion of someone who has a better relationship with God than I do :( Does God promise us one thing to then remove it? I am not even so much upset or concerned about the relationship part of this as much as I am if I heard God's promise / will correctly.

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:( Does God promise us one thing to then remove it? I am not even so much upset or concerned about the relationship part of this as much as I am if I heard God's promise / will correctly.

That never happens! God said " I sent my word out and it will not return unto ME void, but it will accomplish what I sent it out to do."

"Faith, is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"

My advice. Pray to God in Jesus name and ask God to find you a GOOD man and thank Him in advance. Then Thank Him every day for answering your Prayer and wait on God's timing.

Praying for you. God Bless.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi @Brittanybelieves. Welcome to CyB. Lovely to have you aboard. Sometimes as a new Christian it is difficult to understand that God works with us to bring us closer to him and to make us more like him and less like the world. He does not work for us in the sense that now we are on his team, he is going to restore something that we have lost. He can and does do this at times but only in accordance to his will. He knows the beginnig from the end and so he knows what is needed for you at this time. He knows whats around the corner for you.

My suggestion is that you give that relationship and possible restoration to God and leave it in his hands. Please remember to pray for your partners salvation and move forward with your relationship with God.. Hopefully you have found or a looking for a body of believers to be a part of [Church/home group] you have a bible that you are reading or you arre going to get one. This is a start and a means to move forward as he walks with you on that pathway to maturity in Christ, as you grow in grace.

Blessings and Peace! :pray:praying for you xox

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I spent many years always trying to figure out what God was saying to me. Every time I was pretty certain what He was saying, it turned out I was wrong and had no clue at all what He was saying. I eventually stopped trying to figure out what He was saying and just focused on trusting Him that He was doing what was best for me, even though it was mostly not what I would choose for myself.
I know how painful a breakup is. But I also know God will do whatever is the best and quickest route to getting us to depend on only Him.
Our goal and desire is usually for some change in the temporal circumstances we find ourselves in. Gods goal is to grow our trust no matter what circumstances we find ourselves in.

Brittanybelieves

Oct 22, 2022
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That never happens! God said " I sent my word out and it will not return unto ME void, but it will accomplish what I sent it out to do."

"Faith, is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"

My advice. Pray to God in Jesus name and ask God to find you a GOOD man and thank Him in advance. Then Thank Him every day for answering your Prayer and wait on God's timing.

Praying for you. God Bless.

I just felt so strongly that God had put the impression of this man and I being together as His will. I had prayed constantly about this, let it go and gave it to God, praised Him and gave him thanks for already answering my prayer. But now my ex and I are separated again and I feel numb. I'm just so confused as to if it was really God's impression, or maybe He is still trying to teach me. The man I was with is a good man :(

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you did every thing right. You are in a tough place. But you have to trust God to do what is best for you.
" God always honers faith because faith honers God "
God Bless.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all. I have been a believer for all of my life, however I have recently decided to take change and grow closer to the Lord and read the Bible in hopes to learn and have a better understanding. ...I would just maybe like an opinion of someone who has a better relationship with God than I do :( Does God promise us one thing to then remove it? I am not even so much upset or concerned about the relationship part of this as much as I am if I heard God's promise / will correctly.
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board. I have no opinion, but
these Bible study Rules may be helpful.

Please Be Very RICHLY Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, And Edified In
The LORD JESUS CHRIST, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided!

Grace, Peace, And JOY!...

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Brittanybelieves.

Just remember to Trust the Lord in every circumstance
Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;

God says this to His elect.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

The Apostle Paul says this to all believers
Romans 8:38-39 - For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Brittanybelieves
What is unconditional is not some times pleased and some times disappointed, as these are conditional.
What is infinite does not ‘do’.

Sorry to hear of your break up. What you mentioned about trust really sticks out. It sounds like you trusted him, and he did something you disapprove of, and you’re saying now you struggle to trust him. What if, you didn’t frame the relationship with trust at all? What if he does whatever he wants, and so do you, and then you consider if you want to be or stay together? Sometimes trust is really manipulation. A way to judge someone (as untrustworthy) because they didn’t do what you wanted. Also sometime we mistakenly internalize this framing, as if we have a problem or issue trusting. Often this means expecting. Sometimes however, there are extreme situations, such as someone who doesn’t trust green traffic lights will turn red. This would be a call for therapeutic assistance to untangle the misinterpretation.

As far as receiving signs and feeling… consider the factor of unconditional. Put another way, don’t believe the exceptions… what is unconditional is all signs and Is feeling.

Instead of will, try communication in communion. By communion I mean first recognizing while there appears to be two people in the room, there is only one being. Use a pillow. Take turns holding the pillow and talking. The one holding it talks, and the other person does not say a single word. Then, the other person takes their turn with the pillow. This allows each person to fully express, and fully be heard. It also rules out all reactionary interrupting and all the subtle relationship manipulations and mind games there in like deflection & projection.

I would just maybe like an opinion of someone who has a better relationship with God than I do :( Does God promise us one thing to then remove it? I am not even so much upset or concerned about the relationship part of this as much as I am if I heard God's promise / will correctly.
There is no one who has a better relationship with Ourself than you. For you, communion (relationship with Ourself) is direct. For everyone other than you, to you, it’s indirect. Communion is emotion, not per se thoughts. So feel what yo are feeling, and express, and articulate more and more what you’re feeling.

The promise is more like farming. Ideas of what you want to create & experience arise as thoughts. An idea is like a seed, which later becomes a tree. But you must plant your seeds, your ideas & thoughts of what you want to create & experience, in ‘fertile soil’, which is to say, you must let go of any doubt that what you want, no matter how outlandish or seemingly impossible, can not be.

It can. It is promised.

But there is no proof in these words, nor in the concepts which arise as you read them. Just like the resolve of all relationship issues is not in reading about the pillow exercise but is in doing - actually experiencing the pillow exercise… so to is the promise realized in your experience by establishing what it is you do actually want to create & experience in this lifetime - and letting go of any arising doubt about it.