• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is impossible for me to come near to understanding such love for a lot of sinful people. Praise God and thank you Jesus for being obedient to your Father!
This song always makes me weep, which is good. I am His and He is mine. Thank you Jesus.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That teared me up and made me want to cry. He didn't deserve such a torturous death but yet He died because of me. I'm starting to cry now. :'( Luke 23:46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When He had said this He had breathed His last.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, at least Easter Sunday is a happier day as this story definitely has a happy ending!!! :D

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Indeed, our Lord for salvation!
God has planned for the crucifixion of Christ even before He created the universe. And Jesus had agreed to be crucified for the salvation of mankind because God loved humanity. That was the main reason for the Son of God to become the Man Christ Jesus. That is also why the Lord did not try to defend Himself against all the false accusations.

Jesus was crucified at around 9:00 a.m. on the 14th of Nisan, and the two malefactors (criminals) were also crucified with Him, one on His right hand and the other on His left hand. Christ's hands and feet were nailed to the cross, and that would have been an extremely painful experience.

The soldiers offered Christ vinegar (sour wine) mixed with bitter myrrh, but Jesus refused to drink it. They also took all of Christ's clothing and cast lots for it, to be divided into four parts. Included with the clothing was an expensive seamless robe which had been worn by Jesus. And sitting down, they watched Him there. All of these things were fulfillments of prophecies regarding the crucifixion of Christ.

Pilate had commanded that a mocking accusation be posted on the cross, written in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. It said "THIS IS JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS". Thus those who passed by the cross mocked and insulted Christ, saying "If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross and save thyself!" The chief priests, scribes, and elders were the worst, saying "He saved others; himself he cannot saved. If he be the King of the Jews, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. He trusted in God; let Him deliver him now, if He will have him -- for he said 'I am the Son of God'". Even the two criminals who were crucified with Him mocked Christ, as did the soldiers, while a huge crowd watched Jesus. But later one of the malefactors repented of his sins, and recognized that Christ was not only innocent, but He was also the King and the Lord. He asked Jesus to remember him when Christ established His Kingdom, and Jesus told him that he would be with Christ in Paradise.

Jesus would not be mocked. So instead He said "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do". Then He noticed that His mother Mary, with her sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene were standing beside the cross, along with the apostle John. So He addressed them. To Mary He said "Woman, behold thy son!" and to John He said "Behold thy mother!" After that John invited Mary to live in his home.

From 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m. the sun was darkened "over all the earth". This was a supernatural darkness during which God hid the sufferings of the Savior from the mocking crowd. At 3:00 p.m. the Lord Jesus Christ cried out "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" in the Aramaic language. This meant "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

This was because during those three dark hours, Christ was literally made Sin for us, and the Father abandoned the Son so that the full wrath of God would be poured out upon the holy soul of Christ. Christ was paying the penalty for the sins of the whole world, and that penalty included both physical death and "the second death" (separation from God, which is the damnation of Hell).

Christ not only suffered extreme physical pain while nailed to the cross. He suffered as no man has suffered, because all our sins were laid upon Him, and He had to pay the penalty for them in full. Only God the Father knew how His Son suffered. But only this would make possible the salvation of the world.

After that Jesus said "I thirst". So one of the soldiers ran and filled a sponge with vinegar, placed it on a reed, and offered it to Christ, which he now accepted. Then Jesus cried out with a loud voice (a shout of victory) "It is finished", and after that He dismissed His spirit. Jesus said "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit".

At that point He died, having finished the work of redemption, and having shed His blood for the remission of sins. Also, at that point, the veil in the temple was supernaturally torn from top to bottom, to signify that the Old Covenant was finished and the New Covenant had come into effect. There was also an earthquake at this time, and rocks were split.

Jesus chose the moment of His death, which meant that no man took His life from Him. He said He would lay down His life, and also take it up again. Therefore He rose from the dead after three days and three nights.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes @Enoch111 ....the significance of our Lord and Messiah, the only conceived Son of the Almighty with a woman called Mary...

Yes, the Father loved us beyond measure to make way for our salvation and restoration of our original purpose with him. This purpose is really beyond our lowly human understanding, and of his love for us human beings. We are to have faith in his redemptive work!

He showed this agape love by creating another human son (the 2nd Adam), different from the first one. He represented every human aspect of his Father. He was his perfect outward image (mosaic) in thought and action. His Father (via his divine Spirit) spoke through him, guided him and kept him sinless. He became his only begotten Son or birthed son in a woman's womb. His son accepted his mission and was anointed and thus became our Messiah, as the perfect sacrifice for all mankind's sins if we have faith and believe in him and his works. His physical life was to end in extreme pain and suffering, to restore the err of sin brought about by the 1st son - Adam. He was successful and eradicated and nullified this curse of sin forever. For those that believe in the son Yahshua (Jesus), sin would not have no effect on that person anymore. They are set free from spiritual bondage and eventual non-existence or permanent death or separation from the Father.

This is the amazing truth concerning the Easter season. God demonstrated his agape love by considering our life too important to let 'die on the vine.' Our Father along with his Son loves us beyond all our understanding and is not willing for any human being to perish.....so we have a choice, to believe or not when greeted by the Spirit of the Father in one's heart and then mind. When the 'knock' arrives at your door, open it without hesitation and invite our Creator in along with his Son who reigns as the power of his Father, to live, I say!

Amen..APAK

Reactions: April_Rose