Good Friday?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord's thoughts are not our thoughts, and His ways are not our ways. And being a quote "Christian" doesn't invalidate that!

I have known the Lord over 20 years and many Christmas Eve's He has asked me to drive to the beach to talk, and it comes up about how he felt about the Eve before He came to earth in the flesh. It wasn't a happy time for Him. He had a choice to make. Would He follow the plan His Father had? He knew what it would mean. He told me that going to earth (that demon infested place) from heaven might be compare to going from earth to hell. And He did not have to. He had a choice to make.

Then in the garden He again had a choice to make. He wanted the plan, the cup His Father gave Him, taken away but still He wanted above all to do His Father's will!

And that brings us to a time we call "Good Friday"!

Now in the last 20 plus years I had never really talked to Him about how He felt about it, until yesterday. He wanted to talk to me about "Good Friday". He started by asking me "Who was it "GOOD" for?

So let me ask, "Who was Good Friday "Good' for?" - and can we take a second to really examine this?

I looked up 'Good Friday' on the internet:

Apparently it is sometimes called Holy Friday" or "Great Friday"

Do we not know that this was the day that men and demons got together and killed the King and Son of the most high? And we call this "Good", "Holy", and "Great"???

Yeah - I know - at the end of the day He asked His Father to forgive us anyway, and that meant and means a huge amount to us, but really - "Good", "Holy", and "Great"???

You know what? - His thoughts on the day are not our thoughts on the day!!! In fact as I talked with Him, I found out that perhaps nothing more demonstrates how His thoughts are not our thoughts than this - He explained.

He talked to me about how we hurt Him, and not just spiritually speaking. It wasn't "a great day for Him", He explained. And He started talking to me about that day was "beyond disrespect"! He talked about how the King in heaven He was used to respect, though He has seen more than enough disrespect on earth before coming here to understand that He was not going to be respected on earth. He even knew about the plan His Father had and how it was going to be painful. Yet, He explained, that going through it made Him angry - very very angry. He told me, "It lit the fires of hell", but I am not sure what the really meant."

He talked about how He held His anger in, which kept all from being destroyed right then. So was that a "Good" day - that we were not all destroyed right then? He talked to me about how their anger at Him was completely "unrighteous", but how His anger was completely righteous because He had done them no wrong. And I thought about how I was just as responsible because of my sinfulness. I wanted to cry and felt tears start to form in my eyes as He talked to me.

You know that when you talk to Him He always seems to have that small calm quite voice, and that was still how He was talking to me, but with it also comes a sense of knowing or understanding, and it can get to you. That was how it was, as I listened to Him.

He asked me if I thought it was a "Good' day according the angels in heaven who are His friends and faithful servants of His. And He asked, "If you have a friend that you see getting hurt by others, do you consider that a "Good" day?

From the conversation, I don't think the angels in heaven, nor the Holy Spirit, nor His Father in heaven were seeing that day as a "Good" day.

Still, at the end of the day He asked His Father to forgive us. And so the earth and all that was in it was not destroyed because He can and did control His righteous anger on that day. Thus we exists now, and I can talk to Him and write about it. But now I have a that question again -

Should we really called it "Good Friday"??

Is doing that something like saying - Wow, what a great day it was when we smacked You around, disrespected You, spit on You, put a crown of thorns on You, forced you to carry Your cross, and hung You on a cross until dead, and the drove a sword into You!"

That kind of rubbing it in - don't you think? I mean we know that He is always with us, right?

So if we are calling it "Good Friday", and "Holy Friday", when He is standing there listening to that, it really looks bad on us - don't you think?

Not a lot of respect for Him to this day, is there?

Note: I did also see where at times it has been called, "Black Friday", but I think we now use that for the day after "Thanksgiving", when we buy all those presents for each other.

After listening to Him I was thinking to myself - Wow we people, even we "Christian" people are a rather sad group. We killed our King and now remember that day as a "Good" day?

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
I think that particular Friday is called good, holy, and great, not because what mortals did to Jesus.
Rather, it is known for what God did for us.

Reactions: Lambano

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that particular Friday is called good, holy, and great, not because what mortals did to Jesus.
Rather, it is known for what God did for us.

Exactly!!!

We think about ourselves - like always!!!!

We can't even look back and remember how bad we acted, but rather what we got out of it!!

We kill Him, and He forgives us, and we think that is a good day!! And we even have the nerve to think we are right to think that way!!

We are so self-center - self-righteous - and completely bind to how disgusting we can be, that we even think the day we killed Jesus Christ the Son of God, was a good day!!

And I tell you truly, if you start talking to Him and get to know Him personally, this disgusting part of our humanity becomes apparent!!

We killed Him! WE KILLED HIM WITH OUR SIN!! Our self-righteousness (our leaning on our understanding instead of listening to Him as our Lord and Teacher) is still killing Him - the Word of God!! Yet He took it then and He takes it today, and forgives us because He loves us that much!

Ok - but can't we at least admit to ourselves that we are wrong, and that killing Him on any day (not listening to Him on any day called Today) is a bad day and not a good day????

AH - but His forgiveness makes is a "Good Day", right??

WOW - no wonder we don't listen to Him Today, and just go on leaning on our own understanding and our own self-righteousness!!!

Can't we at least look at it and realize how stupid we are? It is called "repentance", but we are unwilling to do that!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I tell you truly, if you start talking to Him and get to know Him personally, this disgusting part of our humanity becomes apparent!!
Yeah.

A long time ago, must've been 20 years ago, a cantankerous old brother on the old Key Life Forum wrote that he couldn't stand the traditional hymn, The Old Rugged Cross. The line "I'll cherish the old rugged cross" made him ask if we'd sing, "I'll cherish the old rusty knife that was used to stab my dear old mother to death"? Whoa. That one kinda yanked me out of my nice clean abstract theological worldview to see a totally different perspective, one that saw Jesus as a real person whom the author knew and loved dearly, not as an atoning sacrifice that benefits me.

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah.

A long time ago, must've been 20 years ago, a cantankerous old brother on the old Key Life Forum wrote that he couldn't stand the traditional hymn, The Old Rugged Cross. The line "I'll cherish the old rugged cross" made him ask if we'd sing, "I'll cherish the old rusty knife that was used to stab my dear old mother to death"? Whoa. That one kinda yanked me out of my nice clean abstract theological worldview to see a totally different perspective, one that saw Jesus as a real person whom the author knew and loved dearly, not as an atoning sacrifice that benefits me.

Yes - The thing is, Jesus Christ is a person!!!!!

If we spend time talking to Him, via His Holy Spirit speaking to our spirit, we would know that He is a person!

Yes - He is also the Son of God, the Word of God and Mighty God, but He is still a person with feelings. When He took on flesh and we people killed Him, we did actually hurt Him, and hurt Him bad -even enough to kill Him!!

And we say it was a good day because He forgave us for doing that too Him?

Is that not the most insensitive thing you could ever imagine?

From talking with Him, He does not think "Good Friday" as a day to remember as being Good. He suggested that Easter, the day He got victory over death, should be considered the "Good" day. Then we would be celebrating His victory and not His death. It think He would prefer "Black Friday", for that Friday, but someone (some spirit/spirits) got us calling the day we start our Christmas buying "Black Friday". So how is are discernment of spirits?

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From talking with Him, He does not think "Good Friday" as a day to remember as being Good. He suggested that Easter, the day He got victory over death, should be considered the "Good" day. Then we would be celebrating His victory and not His death. It think He would prefer "Black Friday", for that Friday, but someone (some spirit/spirits) got us calling the day we start our Christmas buying "Black Friday". So how is are discernment of spirits?
Next time you talk to Him, ask Him whether his death or his resurrection was the atoning sacrifice for the forgiveness of our sins. If He answers, "My death, of course!" ask him why He would object to our calling that day a Good day rather than a Black one.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Next time you talk to Him, ask Him whether his death or his resurrection was the atoning sacrifice for the forgiveness of our sins. If He answers, "My death, of course!" ask him why He would object to our calling that day a Good day rather than a Black one.
Amen. Especially if This refers to that day, eh?:

"This is the day that the Lord Has Made, we will rejoice and be glad in it."​
(Psalm 118:24 cp vs. 18, 22, and 23 AV)​
Hallelujah!! Praise the Lord!!!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Next time you talk to Him, ask Him whether his death or his resurrection was the atoning sacrifice for the forgiveness of our sins. If He answers, "My death, of course!"
Hmm. Romans 5:10 comes to mind...

For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life?

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ask him why He would object to our calling that day a Good day rather than a Black one.
Would you at least be willing to concede that Jesus was having a pretty bad day that day?

What Jesus did for us is one of the reasons we owe Him our love and our lives. "Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13) Or as Paul put it, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

But y'know, for all Evangelicals talk about "having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ", I've seen a trend (especially among theologically literate Protestants) to see Jesus's only role as a human sacrifice for our sins and not as a real, living person. I'm hoping to kinda startle people out of that mindset.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you at least be willing to concede that Jesus was having a pretty bad day that day?

What Jesus did for us is one of the reasons we owe Him our love and our lives. "Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13) Or as Paul put it, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

But y'know, for all Evangelicals talk about "having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ", I've seen a trend (especially among theologically literate Protestants) to see Jesus's only role as a human sacrifice for our sins and not as a real, living person. I'm hoping to kinda startle people out of that mindset.
Fair point.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus asks us to commemorate His death (Communion), not His resurrection.

I think the prime motivator for Him is love. It would overpower any anger you say He has. It is simple to be forgiven, all we have to do is ask,. He doesn't put us through anything to curb any anger He has, if we ask fr forgiveness.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord's thoughts are not our thoughts, and His ways are not our ways. And being a quote "Christian" doesn't invalidate that!

I have known the Lord over 20 years and many Christmas Eve's He has asked me to drive to the beach to talk, and it comes up about how he felt about the Eve before He came to earth in the flesh. It wasn't a happy time for Him. He had a choice to make. Would He follow the plan His Father had? He knew what it would mean. He told me that going to earth (that demon infested place) from heaven might be compare to going from earth to hell. And He did not have to. He had a choice to make.

Then in the garden He again had a choice to make. He wanted the plan, the cup His Father gave Him, taken away but still He wanted above all to do His Father's will!

And that brings us to a time we call "Good Friday"!

Now in the last 20 plus years I had never really talked to Him about how He felt about it, until yesterday. He wanted to talk to me about "Good Friday". He started by asking me "Who was it "GOOD" for?

So let me ask, "Who was Good Friday "Good' for?" - and can we take a second to really examine this?

I looked up 'Good Friday' on the internet:

Apparently it is sometimes called Holy Friday" or "Great Friday"

Do we not know that this was the day that men and demons got together and killed the King and Son of the most high? And we call this "Good", "Holy", and "Great"???

Yeah - I know - at the end of the day He asked His Father to forgive us anyway, and that meant and means a huge amount to us, but really - "Good", "Holy", and "Great"???

You know what? - His thoughts on the day are not our thoughts on the day!!! In fact as I talked with Him, I found out that perhaps nothing more demonstrates how His thoughts are not our thoughts than this - He explained.

He talked to me about how we hurt Him, and not just spiritually speaking. It wasn't "a great day for Him", He explained. And He started talking to me about that day was "beyond disrespect"! He talked about how the King in heaven He was used to respect, though He has seen more than enough disrespect on earth before coming here to understand that He was not going to be respected on earth. He even knew about the plan His Father had and how it was going to be painful. Yet, He explained, that going through it made Him angry - very very angry. He told me, "It lit the fires of hell", but I am not sure what the really meant."

He talked about how He held His anger in, which kept all from being destroyed right then. So was that a "Good" day - that we were not all destroyed right then? He talked to me about how their anger at Him was completely "unrighteous", but how His anger was completely righteous because He had done them no wrong. And I thought about how I was just as responsible because of my sinfulness. I wanted to cry and felt tears start to form in my eyes as He talked to me.

You know that when you talk to Him He always seems to have that small calm quite voice, and that was still how He was talking to me, but with it also comes a sense of knowing or understanding, and it can get to you. That was how it was, as I listened to Him.

He asked me if I thought it was a "Good' day according the angels in heaven who are His friends and faithful servants of His. And He asked, "If you have a friend that you see getting hurt by others, do you consider that a "Good" day?

From the conversation, I don't think the angels in heaven, nor the Holy Spirit, nor His Father in heaven were seeing that day as a "Good" day.

Still, at the end of the day He asked His Father to forgive us. And so the earth and all that was in it was not destroyed because He can and did control His righteous anger on that day. Thus we exists now, and I can talk to Him and write about it. But now I have a that question again -

Should we really called it "Good Friday"??

Is doing that something like saying - Wow, what a great day it was when we smacked You around, disrespected You, spit on You, put a crown of thorns on You, forced you to carry Your cross, and hung You on a cross until dead, and the drove a sword into You!"

That kind of rubbing it in - don't you think? I mean we know that He is always with us, right?

So if we are calling it "Good Friday", and "Holy Friday", when He is standing there listening to that, it really looks bad on us - don't you think?

Not a lot of respect for Him to this day, is there?

Note: I did also see where at times it has been called, "Black Friday", but I think we now use that for the day after "Thanksgiving", when we buy all those presents for each other.

After listening to Him I was thinking to myself - Wow we people, even we "Christian" people are a rather sad group. We killed our King and now remember that day as a "Good" day?
Hi, friend, I'm sure you'll agree we ought to always remember and give thanks for the birth of Christ, as well as His ministry, death, resurrection, etc. - but December 25th was not the birth of Christ.

The same apostate system that dragged "Christmas" or rather "Christ - Mass" into Christianity is the same system that dragged into it "Mardi Gras" the day to "purge" our bodies from sin by indulging in every stripe and type of it, followed by "Ash Wednesday" where you then go to church to get ashes on your forehead to show everyone what a faithful obedient Christian you are, followed by "Lent" where you spend 40 days fasting from whatever, which leads up to "holy Thursday" followed by "good Friday" followed by....oh, wait...there's no mention of the Sabbath man is commanded to observe every 7th day for now and for all eternity, according to Isaiah...followed by "Easter - or rather 'Estarte the goddess of fertility' Sunday".

A cursory investigation will reveal that Semiramis - the wife of Osiris who was killed and dismembered but collected and buried by Semiramis except for a missing ***ahem*** "body part" that she had to substitute with the "obelisk" (which now adorn even churches) - was "miraculously" impregnated by the obelisk and gave birth to "Tammuz" who died in childhood, which prompted Semiramis to go and search for him in the underworld (which is why Ezekiel gives account of apostate Israelite women "weeping for Tammuz"), leaving behind her subjects to "fast" while she was gone 40 days, only to return and announce that Tammuz had been "reborn as the Sun god" on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox - and every year thereafter, a great feast of revelry and concupiscence was held, followed by 40 days of fasting, and finally the celebration of the birth of the Sun god on that very same Sunday, the same Sunday assigned as "Easter" every year by the same calculation.

Bible Christianity isn't a passive "kumbaya" religion that "stuffed shirt Christians take too seriously".

It's the righteous side in the worst "shooting war" to ever erupt in God's universe in which the worst weapon of mass destruction ever devised to take more lives than any other is used against them: deception.