Good News for 2022: Our Universe and Our Fate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benjamin731

Jan 1, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This teaches evolution. I quit reading after that.

Many people today—both Christians and non-Christians—assume that “creation” and “evolution” are contradictory beliefs: That a person either believes in a creator God, or they believe in a natural process like evolution. I understand this perspective because I once held it myself. I still believe that God is the creator of all things, but my perspective on evolution has shifted. I now see evolution as simply a way of understanding God’s creation, through the lens of science.

Fossils of the simplest organisms are found in the oldest rocks, and fossils of more complex organisms in the newest rocks. This supports Darwin's theory of evolution, which states that simple life forms gradually evolved into more complex ones.

I believe, like the article states, that Adam and Eve were a unique exception:

"He performed one additional act of creation:

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness. They will rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, all the earth, and the creatures that crawl on the earth.”

So God created man in His own image; He created him in the image of God;
He created them male and female."

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the Genesis story literally.
Evolution shows death, death and more death. Yet we know that death was the result of sin.
God's Word says 6 days and on the 7th He rested. Good enough for me. That same Book tells me Christ is my Savior, too.

2 Tim 3:16-17 " All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.'

Do you not believe in the flood as well?

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people today—both Christians and non-Christians—assume that “creation” and “evolution” are contradictory beliefs: That a person either believes in a creator God, or they believe in a natural process like evolution. I understand this perspective because I once held it myself. I still believe that God is the creator of all things, but my perspective on evolution has shifted. I now see evolution as simply a way of understanding God’s creation, through the lens of science.

Fossils of the simplest organisms are found in the oldest rocks, and fossils of more complex organisms in the newest rocks. This supports Darwin's theory of evolution, which states that simple life forms gradually evolved into more complex ones.

I believe, like the article states, that Adam and Eve were a unique exception:

"He performed one additional act of creation:

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness. They will rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, all the earth, and the creatures that crawl on the earth.”

So God created man in His own image; He created him in the image of God;
He created them male and female."
That's a better perspective than dismissing the biblical narrative completely, but those fully trained in genetics and evolutionary theory no longer believe in it, but have turned to an alien genesis hypothesis or are simply ignoring the facts. Number crunchers have arrived at the conclusion that the proposed "dating" of the fossil record doesn't provide enough time for our species to have evolved here. This isn't a new idea.
A pop science author, Robert Ardrey, published his book African Genesis in 1961 to specifically address this problem with evolutionary theory, proposing that the extremely harsh glacial periods accelerated the evolutionary process, but Ardrey himself, is a layman without any deep knowledge of genetics, molecular biology, the nature of mutation selection, or the mechanisms affecting genomic change in the population.

The more that you know about evolutionary theory, the less reasonable it sounds. However, Darwinian evolution is still the primary hypothesis taught in schools, because the scientific community is more willing to accept a flawed hypothesis than accept what is anathema to "pure science", any theory that includes supernatural phenomenon. This is why "intelligent design" is viewed as pseudoscience. Science not only assumes no consideration of design in creation, but labels all such ideas as superstition and not science.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It’s a repeated mistake to assume the bible is a scientific text. If people look to it to ‘back up’ E=mc2 in the same regard they do the cross, then trouble will likely ensue with their faith at some point.
The bible is a narrative, every bit of it true. But we err when we force our scientific understanding upon it. Do we really think folks in Moses’ day cared about ‘evolution’? Did that explain anything for them? They had a completely different worldview/understanding. When we understand the time/place/people/context the bible narrative was written in, we care less about science and more about the transcendent truth it gives us.

Reactions: GaryAnderson