Google or God? Searching for Wisdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is all knowing, present everywhere, and all powerful? You could be forgiven if you said: “Google”. The statistics speak for themselves. The Internet has endless knowledge, but how do we search for wisdom?

Google or God? Searching for Wisdom
I would think God's Word, no? Did he not create wisdom before anything else in the universe, and made it the foundation of all things? Thus, the author of wisdom, would be the most logical place to search it out, and thankfully, He's offered it in an indelible form in His written Word.
Of course, there are many wisdoms out there, Islam, Buddha, Confucius, Plato, Siddhartha, and so on, so how does one discern the veritable truth from the counterfeit, or from the half-truths and the heresies? For even the aforementioned philosophies have, without controversy, perceived some truth - God's natural laws and man's image do necessitate awareness of one's origins.

Thus, all I can say is, hopefully when one is presented with the truth, in all its forms, contexts and degrees, and when expressed correctly, will know it when they hear it. I don't think that there is any way to direct someone to the pure wisdom, without using wisdom that persuades them to first disregard the rest, and follow your path. A bit of a paradox.

So, one must have wisdom to impart it to others in order to make them aware. Or they are left to their own devices to seek it out, and again, hopefully recognize it when they hear it.