Got Your Girdle?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Got Your Girdle?

John 17:17 NLT
Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth.

armour-of-god-2.jpg

Jesus was in deep soulful prayer—talking to his Father about us! He knew what hardships we, His kids would face, living in this evil world. He knew we would be hated for our faith. He knew we would be much-maligned bearers of His truth. He petitions God to ensure that His truth would be made readily available to His children. Our accepting it and living in it makes us holy people. God’s Word changes us from the inside out from sinful, shameful people to become virtuous beacons of His light in this dark, degraded world.

Being the bearers of the truth of God is an amazing calling! We are held fast to the Father by the truth. With regard to the spiritual armour we are to be wearing, from Ephesians 6:14, we are told that we must fasten about our waists the belt of truth:

Ephesians 6:14 NLT
Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness.

Jesus is asking His Father to ensure that His own are equipped with the very best in defensive tools against the enemy He is only too familiar with. The “belt of truth” when worn, braces our “innards” securely against the lie with the truth of Jesus Christ. It’s a girdle! I have seen this piece of armour referred to as the “combat harness”:

The Christian's combat harness is truth. Paul said, “Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth.” Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6). Satan is like a roaring lion seeking someone to destroy. He's a liar, deceiver, serpent, the accuser of the brethren. Whatever he says to us is a distortion.

Follow Jesus, girded securely in His truth, knowing that God Himself is guardian of it, in answer to His Son’s fervent prayer!

NEW
11/18/07