Grab you dance partner

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I didn't like his later stuff so much...but back early with his Hound Dog, and Jail House Rock...now that was R.O.C.K :D

Wasn't too impressed with his movies...I read later he did NOT want to act because he knew that he couldn't ( and he was right!) ...his agent pushed him into it for the $$$$ I think he went down hill from there.
But, he was the king of rock. :)
Hope he really was a christian, they say that he was deep down. He put heart and soul into his christian gospel songs. ❤️

Reactions: truthquest

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That Cathey was actually the VERY first one I ever heard of his.
I was about 11 or 12 and my elder brother bought the record...one of those big 78 ones. :) He'd play it really loud and my mother would yell a him to turn it down. I got hooked on him and after that started buying my own records ... that must have been in 1954 :D ( this above 1956 must have been a later one?)
Thank you for that great memory.

Okay...what do YOU think of him?
I listened to Billy Haley too. Chuck Berry and them all. Used up all my pocket money on records. lol

Reactions: truthquest

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That Cathey was actually the VERY first one I ever heard of his.
I was about 11 or 12 and my elder brother bought the record...one of those big 78 ones. :) He'd play it really loud and my mother would yell a him to turn it down. I got hooked on him and after that started buying my own records ... that must have been in 1954 :D ( this above 1956 must have been a later one?)
Thank you for that great memory.

Okay...what do YOU think of him?
I listened to Billy Haley too. Chuck Berry and them all. Used up all my pocket money on records. lol
He was before my time. Because I was born in 1957 so he was already popular in music. My mother only listened to country music and the Grand Ole Opry. So there was no rock and roll in our house. :)
But after going into foster care years later, I heard about him and listened to his music and I liked it. I also liked some of his movies. But they were all pretty much the same theme. He wanted to be a serious actor but he was type cast to play those same roles over and over.
I got my first record player when I was 15. But when I left that foster home, my foster mother wouldn't let me take it with me. That was her revenge on me for outing her husband's abuse of me. I was the one punished not him. They sent me to a girl's home where I wouldn't have as much freedom. It was their(DFCS) punishment but I refused to back down and stuck with the truth.
Anyway, I digress....:rolleyes: ...Interesting how that worked. Something that was supposed to be a punishment turned out to be a blessing. That girl's home was exactly what I needed, a safe and nurturing home. God moves in mysterious ways. :)
I liked playing the piano but never took lessons, just played by ear. There were three foster homes I was in that had pianos. I think maybe it was sort of like therapy for me playing the piano.
But yeah, I liked rock and roll and other kinds of music.

Last edited:
Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hey @truthquest Yes good testimony of how the enemy tries to destroy but God has a plan for your life. :)
Oh I didn't realize that I was so much older than you! lol
I was already 15 and taking a 1.1/2 train ride to work in London the year that you were born!! :) I must say I did love the 50's style dresses...big full skirts with seven starched petticoats under them. Sugar water was cheaper the starch...so we'd use poor mums sugar up by pouring it into a bathtub to starch out petticoats...then letting them drip dry in the sunshine. :D

The last song of his you posted was the back-side ( B side) of one of his more popular songs.
hugs ...H

Reactions: pia and truthquest

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@truthquest Stop, stop, stop ....you are making me cry... :D
Aaah, the days that have gone by...the dances I have danced...the faces of the boyfriends that I can see as I remember each singer and who I was dating as we danced these dances! ( and my many broken hearts)
Cathey...you have no idea what you missed.. lol ;)

xxx ( I cried all day when Eddie Cochrane died in the car crash.)

Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@truthquest Just seen the Billy Haley one...I was younger then..only about 14 and in a movie....and as we watched him singing in "Rock around The Clock" in the movie everyone jumped out of their seats and danced all around the movie theatre!! :eek:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I feel all young again ...listening to them here now... age is indeed " all in the head". LOL