Grace And Knowledge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. - 2 Peter 3:18.

To say I'm born again and have a whole new life is a wonderful part of salvation. Explaining that is another part to your salvation or understanding of what has happened to every born again believer. To say we have all been baptized into one body is great but explaining how that happens is another part of your knowledge.
When I was a babe I knew something happened when I got saved, but you don't know what. People can tell you something happened but until you understand what happened it remains a mystery to you. Only to you, just because I don't know something does not mean others I'm around don't know something.

Example; it's like a mechanic, or electrician, or some other trade. All you know is "if I put a key in it and it has gas it will run and I can drive it." I don't know what started it or where it came from or maybe even the price that was paid for it.

Our salvation can be out in the same category, you learn your salvation as time goes on. You learn that you we're not repaired but you became new, a brand new creature that has never been in exsistence before. The creator has created a new creation. It is called "Christ in you" creation. The father created a son, he creates a son by birthing a sinner by Christ in you. The molding and making that son into a mature saint of God will be of time and process. Just like a meat processing plant the process begins. That is a crude analogy but born again Christian's start a process we can call "the molding and making of a son."

Now in a process believers will need to do a couple of things in their understanding
One is rightly divide truth
Secondly they will need to divide soul and spirit as well for growth.

The born again Christian can grow in grace and knowledge by recognizing the fact they will have to do certain things for that to happen. One example is; yielding to the Holyspirit. The Holyspirit is soulish, or should say is in the soul of man to teach them. How do we know that because the scriptures bear that out. Your soul is where the knowledge is, as the teacher of the things of God, the Holyspirit resided in the soul of man. Allow the Holyspirit access to the mind for that teaching, yield to him by putting your knowledge on a shelf for a moment and allow him to shed light on the truth you have. Amen!

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good post. I had grown up thinking I was a Christian because I went to church. Then many years ago somebody gave me a little book called ‘Journey Into Life’.

During the next few days I read that book and it made me realize that I wasn’t a true Christian but whatever I had done, God loved me and wanted to forgive me. I said the prayer that was in the book and that was the true beginning of my Christian life. And that, for me, was the turning point. I was born again. I was made new. I gradually discovered what being a Christian was all about and my life was changed forever.

Of course, like any new-born baby, I didn’t know much about it at the time; but babies grow and from that day I began to experience a gradual, deepening awareness of the true meaning of life and of Jesus as a real person. I came to know God as a father. Just like a baby begins to recognise his parents, so I began to recognise God and to love him deeply; to know that even when things were far from easy he was there for me.

Reactions: soul man